Subi Lions Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we'd be a win and 2 losses to this point, pretty happy with how things are tracking so far.

Sinclair has been a ripper of a find.

Straight kicking helped as well, last night and the West Perth game had fewer shots but many more goals.

does anyone know whats happened to des headland. havent seen him named in ages. it was like he just fell of the face of the earth!!

Retired about a month ago to take up a post developing football with Aboriginal kids in the north of the state (Kimberley I think).

oh really. was it injury related? or just job opprtunity

Job opportunity. Wanted to go up there and do coaching/mentoring I think.

Was never any doubt about that SonOfReep - apart from Rumble, Broadhurst and Parker (I guess you could include Forrest and Kerr) the team playing at the moment doesn't even closely resemble the team from 2006 - 2008.

last year reminded me of port circa 2007. rebuild now. waterman wanted out didnt he? went to wce as a talent of dev officer or something?

injuries didnt help us right?

Fair enough if he did want out but even then it seems like we really struggled... No big goal kickers in our fwd line (rare considering B Smith, L Oakley, B Broadhurst in the last 10 years smashing it up there). Seems like rebuilding to me. But what do you do? It seems like the WAFL shaping clubs into that points system for their lists has hurt Subi since they brought it in.

What injuries? Did we lose some of the first 22 to long term stuff?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now star utility Jack Anthony will cost us 10 points instead of 0.

That's if he stays in Perth or with Subiaco. Personally he very little for us all season, he was wayward up forward and when was wasn't missing easy shots he was having little impact.

Aidan Parker has also retired due to work commitments.

Heard his interview on Sport FM last night. Sounds like a really good bloke.

Top of the table clash against the widely tipped wooden spooners (including by myself so I'm not criticising anyone :p) this weekend. Bring it on you Lions. :thumbsu:

Subi's having a good year - I'm in Brissy following as well as I can from over here. I thought I'd bump this thread so someone can tell me who's looking the goods.

George Hampson has easily been our best player all season. Chris Phelan has also been pretty good as has Shaun Hildebrandt after coming back from Swan Districts. Matt Boland has been a great find up forward, regularly kicking goals every week. Jason Bristow has been effective, Wayde Twomey has done well across half back and Chris Deluca has also been pretty good as well, had 10 shots at goal the other week and kicked 3.7 on a half forward flank. Frank Stockley has been a handy inclusion as well after coming across from West Perth. Has held his own against the two aligned clubs the past two games.

All in all we have a lot more contributors this season, a lot more guys working hard and putting in each game. The club has also recruited well, picking up blokes such as Hildebrandt (who came back to Subi) and also Twomey. They also picked up a guy like Stockley who is a very good ruckman but could hardly crack a game at West Perth, spending most of the past few seasons in the reserves where he dominated each week. The smart recruiting the club has done has helped as well and it's strengthened the rest of the club as well, the reserves has lost only one game and the Colts are having another good season as well. It's been great to see.

Always a good game between the Black Ducks and the Lions. I remember when Tim Geappen (?) kicked a point to beat us and prevent an unbeaten season. Almost threw my TV out the window. Good times.
Tim Geappen makes me do that a lot! :p

George Hampson has easily been our best player all season. Chris Phelan has also been pretty good as has Shaun Hildebrandt after coming back from Swan Districts. Matt Boland has been a great find up forward, regularly kicking goals every week. Jason Bristow has been effective, Wayde Twomey has done well across half back and Chris Deluca has also been pretty good as well, had 10 shots at goal the other week and kicked 3.7 on a half forward flank. Frank Stockley has been a handy inclusion as well after coming across from West Perth. Has held his own against the two aligned clubs the past two games.

All in all we have a lot more contributors this season, a lot more guys working hard and putting in each game. The club has also recruited well, picking up blokes such as Hildebrandt (who came back to Subi) and also Twomey. They also picked up a guy like Stockley who is a very good ruckman but could hardly crack a game at West Perth, spending most of the past few seasons in the reserves where he dominated each week. The smart recruiting the club has done has helped as well and it's strengthened the rest of the club as well, the reserves has lost only one game and the Colts are having another good season as well. It's been great to see.
Thanks for the info LJ. Whats the odds on George Hampson winning a Sandover? His stats are amazing. Wasnt he playing a wing/HBF role last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back