Lynch's Glove

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2007
Dunsborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
So Channel 7 Perth just did a report on how the MCG food prices will be massively reduced in 2015, while Subiaco food prices will stay the same for some products and increase for other products.

The bloke from the catering company interviewed stated that "Perth footy goers will get better value for money, as the quality of the food will be a much higher this year". He mentioned a range of new burgers for $12 each! Hot dogs at Subi will be $1 more expensive and chips a $1.70 more expensive than the MCG equivalent.

I fail to see how Patrons at Subiaco are getting better value for money, when the same bottle of water will be $3 at the MCG and $4.70 at Subi. This is price gouging. It's a bloody outrage!

I'm not one of those people who need to eat food provided at the venues...it's nice once in a while...but this blatant ripping-off of the people who already pay through the nose to attend AFL games with their friends, partners or families, wreaks of complete disrespect for customers of the AFL.

As a result, I won't spend another cent on food at Subi, and I hope others show their views on this matter through similar actions.

If anyone has the visual of prices from tonight's news broadcast, please post.

Gillon said he'd fix food prices....so what about Perth.....mate!?!

Cough up it you silly FIFO flog ;) jokes probably worth understanding if subiaco has the same contractors as the mcg before you start abusing the AFL.

My understanding is that Spotless Catering provides the 'fast food' options at both the MCG and Subiaco.

My understanding is that Spotless Catering provides the 'fast food' options at both the MCG and Subiaco.

That's what I was assuming too. If that is the case I'm as disappointed as you are as the commercial negotiation should have benefited fans of our code across all states, not just where HQ is.

Supply and demand. Western Australians continually rock up and ensure sell-outs no matter how ridiculous the starting time or how expensive the tickets and food and beverages are.

Vote with your feet and wallet. Victorians did and Sunday night football was killed off and consumables lowered in price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luxury over in the west, you should be paying premium.

0147.JPG

How's that mining money going in WA?
So Channel 7 Perth just did a report on how the MCG food prices will be massively reduced in 2015, while Subiaco food prices will stay the same for some products and increase for other products.

The bloke from the catering company interviewed stated that "Perth footy goers will get better value for money, as the quality of the food will be a much higher this year". He mentioned a range of new burgers for $12 each! Hot dogs at Subi will be $1 more expensive and chips a $1.70 more expensive than the MCG equivalent.

I fail to see how Patrons at Subiaco are getting better value for money, when the same bottle of water will be $3 at the MCG and $4.70 at Subi. This is price gouging. It's a bloody outrage!

I'm not one of those people who need to eat food provided at the venues...it's nice once in a while...but this blatant ripping-off of the people who already pay through the nose to attend AFL games with their friends, partners or families, wreaks of complete disrespect for customers of the AFL.

As a result, I won't spend another cent on food at Subi, and I hope others show their views on this matter through similar actions.

Man you have my sympathy.
Not only do you have to live in WA but you have to pay $12 for a footy standard burger.
Move to Vic. Burgers are only about $8.....albeit they are shite:D

$5.50 for a soft drink

lol

do they realise the boom is over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back