Movie Suicide Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

enjoyed the use of Queen soundtrack in the trailer. jai courtney was a standout which speaks to Leto being underwhelming visually and his shrieking voice so far, albeit on limited evidence, is not a patch on Ledger's . I can see Leto being more over the top pyscho and less magnetic which could work for the movie

Looks amazing. TBH, I didn't feel this trailer as much as the Comic-Con first look. Much as I love Queen, I reckon it's the choice of song! Still hyped, though.

Really looking forward to Jared's Joker. My mate and I have been at war for ages about his casting and Ben Affleck's Bruce/Bats. FWIW, I'm massively pro-Leto/Affleck...

572f10c31e5a86f65971ae50e0aec841.jpg

Dude needs to lighten up and judge after watching the film. I disagree with most of it anyway, mainly this...
In the trailer for Suicide Squad, Australian actor Robbie has the ditz voice down, but not the vintage humor that cartoon Harley had.
Literally everything she does in the trailer is pretty vintage Harley humour. Obviously the medium is different, so the slapstick stuff will be lesser, and rightly so, but it feels like a genuine live action Harley to me.

I love the trailer so much. Great choice of music, and the casting for the movie seems so perfect. Jai Courtney seems very good as Captain Boomerang based on the trailer! So, so pumped.

Dude needs to lighten up and judge after watching the film. I disagree with most of it anyway, mainly this...

Literally everything she does in the trailer is pretty vintage Harley humour. Obviously the medium is different, so the slapstick stuff will be lesser, and rightly so, but it feels like a genuine live action Harley to me.

I love the trailer so much. Great choice of music, and the casting for the movie seems so perfect. Jai Courtney seems very good as Captain Boomerang based on the trailer! So, so pumped.

Of everything she did in the trailer I thought the voice was the worst part because she seemed to drift in and out without ever really nailing that Brooklyn drawl that animated Harley has

Of everything she did in the trailer I thought the voice was the worst part because she seemed to drift in and out without ever really nailing that Brooklyn drawl that animated Harley has
Agreed, but I'm okay with that. Sorkin can never be truly replicated and trying to force it would just not work.

Agreed, but I'm okay with that. Sorkin can never be truly replicated and trying to force it would just not work.

Sorkin and Tara Strong the clear standouts but they all swung for Brooklyn at least, maybe casting an Australian wasn't the best choice

I always pictured Brittany Murphy as live action Harley years ago, obviously that couldn't eventuate. I like Robbie - the bit in the trailer where she's talking about the voices is perfect, as it is funny but there's something definitely crazy in her eyes at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

note to self, follow tara on instagram and twitter now

there is a fatman on batman episode with her one of the early one she's amazing and I never realised she did so many voices before that

near the end it's just kev going do this voice do this voice

there is a fatman on batman episode with her one of the early one she's amazing and I never realised she did so many voices before that

near the end it's just kev going do this voice do this voice

Saw an interesting tidbit earlier - Marc Guggenheim (dude who is one of the main showrunners for Arrow) when asked by an interviewer if Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) would make a return to the show in the near future said the character was "tied up in another DC project".

Could he be make an appearance in Suicide Squad perhaps?

Saw an interesting tidbit earlier - Marc Guggenheim (dude who is one of the main showrunners for Arrow) when asked by an interviewer if Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) would make a return to the show in the near future said the character was "tied up in another DC project".

Bit off topic but I'm so angry that we aren't getting Bennet back as DS in Arrow

Why does it matter dc. You can have them do both at once

Bit off topic but I'm so angry that we aren't getting Bennet back as DS in Arrow

Yeah, still the best villain Arrow's had I think.

Maybe he'll come back now that his great love Waller (they were lovers in Spartacus) has been killed and seek vengeance! :p

Interestingly, Kitana seems to be alive (for the moment) on the show, so maybe 2 versions will exist?

We dont even know its the movies that are causing this. The Bat-Embargo is nothing new its been around since the 90's with Batman the Animated Series.

It could be that DC are still trying to get the Teen Titans show up even after TNT gave up, it could be anything. Or it could be a planned thing that got scrapped. The later seasons of Justice League Unlimited couldnt use Scarecrow, Ra's, The Joker or the Mat Hatter because of the Nolan Films even with Mad Hatter not being used by Nolan in the final products. and prevented the use of Aquaman because they were trying to get a Aquaman TV show running but never got past a Pilot.

For all we know they might be getting ready to use Deathstroke in Gotham and because they are 2 different TV universes Arrow had to hold off.

Not being big on the comic series, all I can say is that the trailer featured way too many tactical gear clad people shooting loud guns at things to feel like a comic movie. More like The Expendables on acid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back