Summer is coming

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Summer isnt far away, the weather is already starting to heat up. I ask question, do you prefer the hot or cold weather?

Id definitely go with cold, not a fan of the summer even though i was born in December. Harder to get cold when your hot as opposed to getting hot when your cold. Also one for the pale skin people here lol such as me, i hate getting sunburnt. Mosquitos and flies as well, definitely prefer the winter.

Oh and the biggest reason - footy is on in winter not summer :D

Summer by a long way.
I moved from Melbourne to Nth Qld in my mid 20's and fell in love with the "no winter" climate.
Not a fan of humidity though.

Hot weather for sure, women wear less clothes.

As creepy as it is I am and always will be a perv.

Winter is good for footy I guess.
:rolleyes:

(And men wear less clothes too:p)

The absence of football is painful, but it would be considerably worse without the relief of some sun.

Yes, everyone gets their gear off in the heat, which is always an attraction. But I've always found that the warmer weather also alleviates my darker moods, that it's less mentally oppressive in some way.

I'm a winter person, much prefer it. My mood lightens as the days get shorter and are darker for longer. Must be some lingering Northern Hemisphere cave dwelling hangover.

Plus I hate daylight savings. I am an early riser, and prefer it to be light when I wake up, or I try to rise with the sun. Daylight savings spoils that too. And it means that the footy is over!

Just a general all round grump at this time of year.

I'm a winter person, much prefer it. My mood lightens as the days get shorter and are darker for longer. Must be some lingering Northern Hemisphere cave dwelling hangover.

Plus I hate daylight savings. I am an early riser, and prefer it to be light when I wake up, or I try to rise with the sun. Daylight savings spoils that too. And it means that the footy is over!

I also prefer it when winter is coming. But the warm weather has its consolations. Had a lovely day yesterday with my daughter at Tesselar's Tulip Festival.

Tulips.jpg

I love this time of the year, getting the garden ready for planting then moving into the summer, really lifts my mood.

I suppose it is also fortunate that I don't feel the heat and can't stand the cold, for example had my electric blanket on last night as I was cold.

In the winter I have the heating on almost 24/7 despite wearing so many layers of clothing still can't get warm enough.
I know what the mean when they say, 'chilled to the bone'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What time is early? I get up at 5.30 and in winter its dark.

Yeah not really a fan of daylight savings and having lived in Perth for a couple of years, no daylight saving and it was brilliant.

I prefer summer, the heat and "blue" skies, not shivering, not boiling the kettle every 30min to refill the 'hot water bottle' etc etc.

Also, I live by the beach - which is handy.

What time is early? I get up at 5.30 and in winter its dark.

Yeah not really a fan of daylight savings and having lived in Perth for a couple of years, no daylight saving and it was brilliant.

I prefer summer, the heat and "blue" skies, not shivering, not boiling the kettle every 30min to refill the 'hot water bottle' etc etc.

Also, I live by the beach - which is handy.

I like to get up around 5, sometimes earlier. It's of course dark in winter, but I like spring when the mornings are lighter. Much prefer that to evening light.

I love this time of the year, getting the garden ready for planting then moving into the summer, really lifts my mood.

I suppose it is also fortunate that I don't feel the heat and can't stand the cold, for example had my electric blanket on last night as I was cold.

In the winter I have the heating on almost 24/7 despite wearing so many layers of clothing still can't get warm enough.
I know what the mean when they say, 'chilled to the bone'.

I Prefer Winter Over Summer. I prefer the Colder Weather to the Hot.

My Parents love the Summer as they Love Gardening and as I said before I not a Fan of Gardening

Daylight saving - sans s.
You only get half points ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back