Summer of 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless we go over to SA for their Boxing Day every 4 years, they will never play Boxing Day here ever again.
I know it sucks.

Saffers want to try and create the tradition of a Boxing Day test, but can only get 10,000 to Kingsmead at best because no one there cares.

Surely playing as the away team in front of 70,000 would yield more profit than playing as the home team in front of 10,000.

I know it sucks.

Saffers want to try and create the tradition of a Boxing Day test, but can only get 10,000 to Kingsmead at best because no one there cares.

Surely playing as the away team in front of 70,000 would yield more profit than playing as the home team in front of 10,000.

Why would it? The vast majority of the takings go to the home team

Because there would be significantly more money made in the Melbourne test than the Durban test due to attendance.

Plus 1 AUD buys something like 10.5 Rand for the Saffers to convert upon.

Even if South Africa get a minor proportion of the Melbourne test, it could well be more than what they would make in Durban.

They should just do 3 and 3. 3 against South Africa and 3 against Pakistan.

Brisbane, perth and Hobart for the Pakistan series
Adelaide, Melb and Sydney for the South African series.

If the do go with 7 tests next summer Canberra has to be used.

Between March and October 2016 do we play any tests out of Aust at all?
I know we have a tour of south Africa and west indies but they are for ODI's?

Because there would be significantly more money made in the Melbourne test than the Durban test due to attendance.

Plus 1 AUD buys something like 10.5 Rand for the Saffers to convert upon.

Even if South Africa get a minor proportion of the Melbourne test, it could well be more than what they would make in Durban.

So $300,000 for the whole series?

Between March and October 2016 do we play any tests out of Aust at all?
I know we have a tour of south Africa and west indies but they are for ODI's?
Sri Lanka in July/August has 3 tests. Could probably go back to Bangladesh in April/May too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One track minds. * everyone else, we want this for our sole entertainment :rolleyes:

They should just do 3 and 3. 3 against South Africa and 3 against Pakistan.

Brisbane, perth and Hobart for the Pakistan series
Adelaide, Melb and Sydney for the South African series.

If the do go with 7 tests next summer Canberra has to be used.

Perth will host South Africa I would guess.

Given Paskistan will play Boxing day and New Years I think it will identical to this year. South Africa in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. Pakistan in Hobart, Melbourne and Sydney. I think there will only be six tests.

Adelaide D/N would have to be prior to Christmas. In that case it could be the first test of the Pakistan series and Hobart the last of the South Africa.

How come SACA or SMA or whoever organizes it want Pakistan instead of SA?

SACA probably wants it to become a tradition that the 'lesser' series is Brisbane (Day/Night)/Perth/Hobart and the marquee series is Adelaide (Day/Night)/Melbourne/Sydney

Which would mean that the SACA would get India every time India comes

How come SACA or SMA or whoever organizes it want Pakistan instead of SA?
I'm not 100% sure myself.

But I know that CA also want to pencil in a D/N test vs South Africa in Brisbane.

I think that South Africa only want to play the 1 D/N test in Brisbane.

Hence, Adelaide are stuck with playing their D/N test against Pakistan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back