Summer of Cricket 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

That LBW that wasn't given was disgraceful.
I'm also think that, although he scored a ton, Michael Clarke should not have played this test.
This could very well be his last match if he can't get his back right.
Captain or not, you can not carry an injured player into a match.

Lyon has been murdered by Erasmus this session. Could have rightly had 3 or more lbw's awarded.
The Aussies also got a couple lucky ones which were clearly not out. Thats cricket, as they say. Fantastic test match. I thought the Indians batted well and probably should have pinched it. You would hate to be relying on their tail though for any sort of meaningful contribution. The could almost declare 7 down.
Kohli will be kicking himself for getting out like that when they were cruising.

I'm also think that, although he scored a ton, Michael Clarke should not have played this test.

It seems like he was always going to break down at some point. Did well to come back and bat in the first innings and it was a fine 100. This hammy sounds like it will see him miss the rest of the series though. No more decisions to make. He is right cooked for the near future.

It seems like he was always going to break down at some point. Did well to come back and bat in the first innings and it was a fine 100. This hammy sounds like it will see him miss the rest of the series though. No more decisions to make. He is right cooked for the near future.

I'm still in recovery from back surgery from 3 months ago.
The way he pulled up in his 1st innings reminds me a lot of how I felt before hand.
You do not have that sudden feeling unless you are having nerve pain.
He is experiencing sciatica nerve pain, which will drop you in an instant.
Hence his hamstring pain.
I'll bet he hasn't done his hamstring, but is feeling the pain from his lower back.
It will not get better without surgery.
The nerve is being pinched when he moves a certain way.

The Aussies also got a couple lucky ones which were clearly not out. Thats cricket, as they say. Fantastic test match. I thought the Indians batted well and probably should have pinched it. You would hate to be relying on their tail though for any sort of meaningful contribution. The could almost declare 7 down.
Kohli will be kicking himself for getting out like that when they were cruising.

The Indian's got a couple of lucky ones to keep their players in allowing them to get bigger scores. What goes around comes around, and you definitely cannot say the Umpiring had an impact on the outcome of the game. Furthermore the fact India refuses to use the DRS hurt them in our second Innings (can't remember who should have been out, Warner I think), and really that should be put down to their own fault not the Umpire refusing to make a 50/50 call.

Outside of the first two 20/20 games which were horrendous, this has been a flipping awesome beginning to the summer of cricket. Unfortunately the Watson-Clark Innings that I always want to see likely won't happen in this Test series :(. Sad panda.

He'd be coming to the end of his career regardless of playing this game. His career will be finalised by injury well and truly before his time, it's a cruel fate for the man who I think has clearly been the most talented batsman in the game since Tendulkar/Ponting.

Outside of the first two 20/20 games which were horrendous, this has been a flipping awesome beginning to the summer of cricket. Unfortunately the Watson-Clark Innings that I always want to see likely won't happen in this Test series :(. Sad panda.

Watson needs to step up. I have little confidence that he will though. He makes it too easy to get him out. Both his dismissals in this game were so very typical of him. The more I see of Watson, the more impressed I am with how Warner and Steve Smith have progressed as Test players

He said as much in the post match presser. It would be terrible news for Australian cricket if true. We don't have the depth to cover him.

I'm still in recovery from back surgery from 3 months ago.
The way he pulled up in his 1st innings reminds me a lot of how I felt before hand.
You do not have that sudden feeling unless you are having nerve pain.
He is experiencing sciatica nerve pain, which will drop you in an instant.
Hence his hamstring pain.
I'll bet he hasn't done his hamstring, but is feeling the pain from his lower back.
It will not get better without surgery.
The nerve is being pinched when he moves a certain way.

You'd think if that's true they may be thinking about surgery and a micro-discectomy. I know Allen Christensen at Geelong had one and was back in about 8 weeks. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Just found this thread.

What a fantastic test.
That was one of the most exciting finishes that I can remember.

What a game by Lyon! Toiled all day, bowled well, no reward and then BAM!

Watson needs to step up. I have little confidence that he will though. He makes it too easy to get him out. Both his dismissals in this game were so very typical of him. The more I see of Watson, the more impressed I am with how Warner and Steve Smith have progressed as Test players

Absolutely, but I find Watson far more enjoyable to watch than Warner. Warner is a weird one for me, and he's certainly in great form at the moment, but I just don't enjoy watching him play for some reason. Smith on the other hand is absolutely fantastic to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That test showed there's nothing like a test match that comes down to the 5th day and is still in dispute, epic match, and a great win to honour Hughes.
Adelaide makes a habit of it. After 2 days we are all screaming draw, then it just turns around beautifully

Adelaide makes a habit of it. After 2 days we are all screaming draw, then it just turns around beautifully
Yeah there was a lot of whinging on days 3 and 4 about the drop in pitches changing the way Adelaide plays, yet come the final session on day 5 it plays like Adelaide has for years now. Best cricket wicket in Australia, if not the world.

Yeah there was a lot of whinging on days 3 and 4 about the drop in pitches changing the way Adelaide plays, yet come the final session on day 5 it plays like Adelaide has for years now. Best cricket wicket in Australia, if not the world.

...catching corn.

reuters%20corn%20harvest%20combine.jpg

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back