Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see a thread so thought I'd pop one up. Super keen for the summer of cricket to start. Just hope like hell Cummins can stay injury free and terrorize some Indians in the test series.

England, England, England. Oi Oi Oi.

Didn't see a thread so thought I'd pop one up. Super keen for the summer of cricket to start. Just hope like hell Cummins can stay injury free and terrorize some Indians in the test series.

Cummins still a fair way from playing test cricket. Needs to prove his fitness in the Shield first.

Cummins still a fair way from playing test cricket. Needs to prove his fitness in the Shield first.
Yep do agree with that but I just can't help to think they will unleash him in Melb and Sydney if we have an injury. They love him.

Three things i hope comes from this series:

1. Johnson continues his form with the ball (last year his bowling was some of the best from an Australian fast bowler i have seen in close to a decade)
2. Clarke finds some form with the bat.
3. We settle on a top 4.

Cummins should not play test cricket this summer. Send him back to the shield and let him take some first class wickets FFS.

Yep do agree with that but I just can't help to think they will unleash him in Melb and Sydney if we have an injury. They love him.

They shouldn't play him at all. Cummins needs to prove himself at Shield level which he has hardly played at for two seasons. If anything I'd like to see Ryan Harris return partway through the series if he is fit and send Siddle back to Shield cricket.

Shouldn't play your correct but they love him that much they won't be able to resist. Unless they are saving him for the World Cup

Three things i hope comes from this series:

1. Johnson continues his form with the ball (last year his bowling was some of the best from an Australian fast bowler i have seen in close to a decade)
2. Clarke finds some form with the bat.
3. We settle on a top 4.
4. Glenn Maxwell never plays a test again.

4. Glenn Maxwell never plays a test again.

As a lower order player, like 5-6th, i wouldn't mind him... overrated sure, but has a bucket load of natural talent, is an ok bowler (nothing special but good for a part timer) and a good fielder.

Unfortunately could you carry two of him and Warner in the same side is the balancing question, he isn't a first drop player at all (Clarke/Smith should be in that position), which was the strange thing about that selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a lower order player, like 5-6th, i wouldn't mind him... overrated sure, but has a bucket load of natural talent, is an ok bowler (nothing special but good for a part timer) and a good fielder.

Unfortunately could you carry two of him and Warner in the same side is the balancing question, he isn't a first drop player at all (Clarke/Smith should be in that position), which was the strange thing about that selection.
We can't be having players that are willing to reverse sweep on their eighth ball when we are batting to survive. #disgrace

We can't be having players that are willing to reverse sweep on their eighth ball when we are batting to survive. #disgrace

The amount of times he would of played that shot, i'd be willing to back him in with it.

Honestly, out of that whole test match, i'm more scathing of our selectors decision to drop O'Keefe to bring in a quick, that was just the most *ed decision on a spinner friendly pitch.

The 0/94 start was good, but we've collapsed big time since then.
Yep, the 6+ an over was looking pretty good to start off with but Philander bowled pretty well. Hopefully Bailey and Wade can get something going. I haven't really followed much the last couple of months but it seems that Clarke just can't get anything going (?)

Yep, the 6+ an over was looking pretty good to start off with but Philander bowled pretty well. Hopefully Bailey and Wade can get something going. I haven't really followed much the last couple of months but it seems that Clarke just can't get anything going (?)
Yeah Clarke is in a form slump, there is no two ways about that.

Apparently he's injured his hamstring again and won't play anymore today.. Not having a good time is he.
Rest him from the rest of the series and get him right for the Gabba. Also gives us the chance to get Smith in while he's in form.

Clarke Hammy wonder how that wil affect test side. Could be up for a new skipper if both Clarke and Haddin dont get up :eek:

Surely not Watto again

It would have to Watson or Smith. Just give It to Watson again.
Would be a fairly big load for Smiths shoulders but then again if it could be all summer it might be worth him doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back