Summer Transfer Window Rumours & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've watched Ligue 1 a bit this season especially Lyon, They've played some great stuff this year, Lacazette has been a class above this season in France, Has genuine pace which scares defenders into making mistakes, Has great poaching ability always seems to be in the right spots, The knock on him will surely be "This is his first big season" and can he adapt to another league? Is he too big a risk @ 30-35mln. I think he'd be better suited to Spain or Italy.

I reckon Lyon's Nabil Fekir will be a super player, He's someone I'd chase, Same build 3 years younger, On the bubble in terms of announcing himself I reckon.
Fekir and his father have both said in recent times that they've had interest from Arsenal. Fekir issued a 'come and get me' to Wenger not long ago.

Davies as well? Interesting, Chester, Dawson and Davies would be 3 pretty good CBs to have and throw in Bruce and you'd be pretty set for CBs I would have thought (assuming you have 4-5 to choose from).

Bruce, Dawson, Chester and Maguire should be all we need if we revert to 4 at the back. We may hold onto Davies if we want to keep going with 5 at the back.

Most definitely is not a playmaker.

Express saying Arsenal will activate Jackson Martinez's 24.7m release clause. Pinch of salt and all that.

Would be a no brainer for a few teams at that price but I thought his release clause was higher than that.

Papers in Portugal reporting that we have an agreement with Martinez, and that Porto have already signed a replacement for him. All signs point to yes but still taking it with a grain of salt until we see something a bit more concrete.

Clyne will be creeping up towards 20m so Liverpool won't be getting him for 10m. United are also interested as well which would be better for him however I think we may be into Alves more, thinking quick fix instead of long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't Glory suffered enough

Lol! Poor Brad Jones haha. :D

Surely he'd go okay at a lower level. If the Jets lose Birighitti, I'd have him.

Most definitely is not a playmaker.

Express saying Arsenal will activate Jackson Martinez's 24.7m release clause. Pinch of salt and all that.

That would be great value but yeah we wont go there.

Amazing to think of all the attacking talent coming out of Colombia atm - Juan Quintero, Falcao, James Rodriguez, Juan Cuadrado, Jackson Martinez

Bruce, Dawson, Chester and Maguire should be all we need if we revert to 4 at the back. We may hold onto Davies if we want to keep going with 5 at the back.

Truth be told, Hull have some pretty decent defenders, it's just too bad the rest of the team let them down (I still remember that miss in our home game.) I wouldn't mind a Dawson or a Chester to add down Filbert Way.

That said, if you managed to keep ahold of those defenders from prying clubs, you've got yourself a good base to work with.

I think this relegation would be a great opportunity to rebuild the team from the midfield up, and set you up for the bounce back. A bit of refreshment will do the club good.

Truth be told, Hull have some pretty decent defenders, it's just too bad the rest of the team let them down (I still remember that miss in our home game.) I wouldn't mind a Dawson or a Chester to add down Filbert Way.

That said, if you managed to keep ahold of those defenders from prying clubs, you've got yourself a good base to work with.

I think this relegation would be a great opportunity to rebuild the team from the midfield up, and set you up for the bounce back. A bit of refreshment will do the club good.

Funnily enough Chester is the only remaining signing not made by Bruce - and he was made by none other than a Mr Nigel Pearson - so there could be a working relationship there. The price would probably put you off though, and I think the club has an unofficial policy of refusing to sell to the Foxes.

Funnily enough Chester is the only remaining signing not made by Bruce - and he was made by none other than a Mr Nigel Pearson - so there could be a working relationship there. The price would probably put you off though, and I think the club has an unofficial policy of refusing to sell to the Foxes.

Ah, that's right, Chester was a Pearson signing, though I'm surprised that he's the last Pearson-era signing. It still amazes me how long some of our players have been at the club. Before they turned over like no tomorrow. Now there are players that fans can really relate and identify with.

Still, I think the last transfers between our clubs were Hobbs and Fryatt (Really liked both players, although I'm sure there are some very mixed feelings about Fryatt.) I can't remember of any players that went from Hull to Leicester though in recent times. Out of your current squad (besides your defenders), I used to think Huddlestone would do alright, but he hasn't had a good season. I will admit that N'Doye has been more impressive than the last time I saw him, just a pity that goal against Man Utd was called offside.

Just out of curiosity, how is Pearson viewed by your fans. I know you've made a couple of mentions about it, but just curious. If what you're suggesting is true, I take it the way he left the club soured things?

Ah, that's right, Chester was a Pearson signing, though I'm surprised that he's the last Pearson-era signing. It still amazes me how long some of our players have been at the club. Before they turned over like no tomorrow. Now there are players that fans can really relate and identify with.

Still, I think the last transfers between our clubs were Hobbs and Fryatt (Really liked both players, although I'm sure there are some very mixed feelings about Fryatt.) I can't remember of any players that went from Hull to Leicester though in recent times. Out of your current squad (besides your defenders), I used to think Huddlestone would do alright, but he hasn't had a good season. I will admit that N'Doye has been more impressive than the last time I saw him, just a pity that goal against Man Utd was called offside.

Just out of curiosity, how is Pearson viewed by your fans. I know you've made a couple of mentions about it, but just curious. If what you're suggesting is true, I take it the way he left the club soured things?

Pretty sour to be honest. From our point of view Leicester didn't give a s**t and let us poach him which he himself admitted to being upset over, and yet when Leicester approached us we rebuffed them and he still told us he wanted to go back. Leaves a bit of a sour taste about how he viewed the club.

Well Rosenior and McShane - ironically sold to Hull by Steve Bruce while at Sunderland - also pre-dated Bruce but they've just been released.

Our club does seem to turn over pretty quickly because we've been bouncing around so much.

That's what all clubs say about their best players.

Ours mean it though, I can't think of a single player we've sold under Allam we haven't been happy to let go except for Long and that was for crazy money. Even when we were in the Championship and PL clubs were sniffing around.

Also didn't mean to suggest that meant all our good players, more the ones that are important to success in the Championship. Jela, N'Doye, Hernandez and a few other 'good' players will be gone.

Clyne will be creeping up towards 20m so Liverpool won't be getting him for 10m. United are also interested as well which would be better for him however I think we may be into Alves more, thinking quick fix instead of long term.

Considering we got Luke shaw I'd say we are more likely to sign Clyne over Alves, build for the future, that's what we've got to do.

Considering we got Luke shaw I'd say we are more likely to sign Clyne over Alves, build for the future, that's what we've got to do.
Long term absolutely however Alves has turned down PSG and doesn't seem to want to sign on with Barca.

Could always sign both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back