Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
You do realise Shoei is a lawyer?

He also provides a free smoking monkey as a gift to any new client.

tumblr_mb67yv2sOd1qh59n0o4_250.gif

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
They mean nothing unless stipulated in writing.

You would think so but the Law is never just that simple.

doesnt it depend on the circumstance when it comes to verbal agreements?

Verbal stipulations are just as binding depending on the context. It was in my first year law class FFS it's not that complex.

Indeed.

Arsenal news - Supposedly we are back into Pedro from Barcelona.

Seems to be one of those on again/off again rumours.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
We're also linked with Pedro. Must be tough when you have MSN ahead of you and Suarez starting the season without his usual extended ban.

I have reservations about how he will adapt to EPL football.

Yeah I don't watch enough of La Liga to know much about him.

I guess if he is cheap enough then its worth the punt. Not overly excited though.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Greece international Jose Holebas has denied moving from Roma to Watford, just one day after the club's official website announced the move.

ouch

also, pedro would start at any of the top clubs. supreme talent pushed out by two of the best footballers in the world on each flank. would love him at city.

Greece international Jose Holebas has denied moving from Roma to Watford, just one day after the club's official website announced the move.

ouch

also, pedro would start at any of the top clubs. supreme talent pushed out by two of the best footballers in the world on each flank. would love him at city.
Wow. How did that screwup happen ...

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
I post in here every week or so on the thought that you guys get sick of talking/reading about the same 5 or 6 teams.

Swansea's transfer period so far;,

In;

Nordfeldt - 600k (GK backup)
Tabanou - 3.5m (long rumoured signing, gives good competition and depth at full back)
Ayew - free (fantastic signing)
Eder - 5m (came out of the blue a bit. Nice signing. Competition for Gomis)

Out;

Richards 500k (shame, but as we continue to improve he was going to struggle)

- coming into the transfer period Monk said we wanted to do our work early and we've done that. Real testament to him.
- I think it's a sign of a really good football club to see that we've been able to get to majority of our work done early. No panic buys required.
- not that easy to convince players to come out to Wales - testament to the ambition and reputation we've built up.
- most of our objectives coming into the summer have been met but we continue to be linked with players. Unsurprising considering Monk saying he wants to continue to build depth and get better.
- Don't think we'll be desperate for more signings unless we lose Ki but think we'll probably see 1 or 2 further ins.

- Jota from brentford who by all reports had a fantastic season has started to be linked. Read up about him and think he would be a nice addition.

- Apparently we've made contact with out of contract defender Munoz. Few other clubs interested including some Italian teams. Also from Argentina, like Fernandez.

- Norwich apparently looking at Dyer. Bit of an odd one, would be a shame to see him go considering how much he's done for the club. He was as good as gone in March when he wasn't even in the squad. But he worked back into the team. We've got Ayew, Montero and Routledge to play wide but he still adds something, can create a goal out of nothing.

- The agent of Cigarni, went public with the 'fact' that we've called several times about him. I think he'd be an upgrade on Britton and its suggested he'd cost around 5m. Probably won't happen.

- Also been a few reports floating around that we are keen on Galatasary mid Blerim Dzemaili. Would surprise me to be honest.

- don't think we'll make any further signings unless something comes up that Monk can't turn down, or we lose someone.

----

Now time for a bit of rambling from me

- I'm still so surprised the Jose let Cech go to Arsenal and seemingly with not a lot of resistance. Understanding that Cech has been a loyal servant to Chelsea but just so unlike Jose to let a rival improve their team so much by letting one of theres leave.

- interested to see how Clyne goes at Liverpool. I really rate him. Amazing how many Soton players that Liverpool have got over the last two summers, though.

- unsure why but just get the feeling Falcao will do well at Chelsea. He was truly deplorable this season so unsure why I get that feeling but I think if he gets the opportunity will score 10 goals off the bench for Chelsea.

- Podolski going to Galatasary is such a Podolski thing to do. Such a likeable guy but as Arsenal have continued to improve, too many gone past him. Still one of the better finishers around but liability without the ball.

- still so shocked about the Ramos to Man U reports. Not so much that I think he's an amazing defender, I think he's s clear upgrade but not as good as his reputation. Just such a weird rumour. Could never have guessed it. Hope it happens.,

- kind of odd that Man U haven't been able to get any more confirmed transfers done, but if a few of the strongly rumoured ones get done they'll be the winners of the transfer period. Schneiderlin seems pretty much done and then after that it sounds like there's a chance that Ramos, Coleman, Gaitan, Turan amongst a few others could follow. Along with Depay if they can get say 2 of those then Lloris if De Gea goes - that will be brilliant work. They still need a striker.

- WTF are Tottenham doing? Seriously it's time for them to man up and make a statement. Sounds like they might get Mitrovic I suppose which would be a good signing but as I said in my last post, I think they're in danger of doing a "Tottenham" again. Understand its difficult for them to sign the world class as they don't have CL to offer but there lack of activity so far has left me underwhelmed. Maybe I've missed some news? Maybe some Spurs fans can fill me in on who they're likely to get?

- will be interesting to see where Turan ends up. I guess Chelsea. Will be a major blow to Man U.

- sounds like Fiorentina have been turned down by Salah despite their massive offer.

- if Shaqiri ends up at Stoke ill be ******* so surprised. What a massive coup that'd be. Surely doesn't happen. Sky Sports running with "agree fee". Around 16m, will be seriously impressed if this happens. And jealous.

- Manchester City also very quiet. Sounds like they'll get Delph who is decent but IMO they need some serious re-generation of their squad that looks a bit stale. Maybe waiting to see if they can get Pogba? * I hope they do.

- if the reports are true that QPR turned down 12m for Austin. Wowee. Obviously a ******* gun, but surely that gets done.

- I read that Ince left Hull. Caused a lot of ******* controversy for a young Kent.

- Really impressed with how active Watford are. Stambouli and Capoue would be good signings and already made some really nice signings.

- surely Arsenal don't let Carzola get to Athletico.

- I think man city should move on Dzeko and Jovetic and get in one/two others.

- @cruffy what are Arsenal doing. Got Cech - great but obvious improvements still to be made. Who are they going to get? Who are they into? Any truth to the Pedro rumours ? That'd be sweet.

- Newcastle, do something

hmmmm think that's all for now

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Yep RVP close to exit, will sign a 4-year deal.

Guess we're doing the cleaning out first.

We've also apparently told Real Madrid they won't be getting De Gea unless they allow Sergio Ramos to join us.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Hard to say, but some reports it's 4m + Pasalic(for the season) and wages are anywhere from 120-160k a week.

I guess it may also depend on games played, goals scored and trophies won. You would think there'd be some add ons attached.
That's just crazy money though to pay a guy who is at best a third in line striker who has also had injuries and incredibly poor form. Why dont Chelsea just give Bamford a go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back