Summer Transfer Window Rumours & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree mate, but prepare for a backlash from the Chelsea supporters!

Chelsea aren't breaking any rules, but I'd be surprised if the authorities weren't already looking at this sort of thing and wanting to regulate it a bit more in future.

No backlash mate, people are allowed not to like it and that's cool:thumbsu:.

Me personally I'd prefer we not do it and just be more financially aggressive like City(150m window on about 3 players:eek:) instead of wasting time and energy on our football farm.

Will never understand Adebayor. Well within his rights to hold out for the money he is due, but seems happy to go without football as long as the pay cheque continues. I'd be desperate to play and experience being part of a top level match again.

Spurs should have paid him off as well. Now they're stuck with a player they have no intention of playing. But thats Levy's way, won't give an inch. Sometimes to the detriment of the club.

Looks like United asked about Reus but was quoted 60m as a starting point and United only wanted to offer 50m.

Monaco as expected upped the Martial fee by 10-15m knowing United needed a striker.

United have hit back quite strongly at RM. Making Real look even more stupid.

Will never understand Adebayor. Well within his rights to hold out for the money he is due, but seems happy to go without football as long as the pay cheque continues. I'd be desperate to play and experience being part of a top level match again.

Spurs should have paid him off as well. Now they're stuck with a player they have no intention of playing. But thats Levy's way, won't give an inch. Sometimes to the detriment of the club.
Apparently we tried but he didn't agree to it because he didn't get a sign from god. Wouldn't believe it if it was anyone else

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Hotspur-because-he-needs-a-sign-from-God.html

Chelsea FC ‏@ChelseaFC 1m1 minute ago

.@ChelseaFC have today completed the signing of Michael Hector from Reading

hello michael, how would you like a spot in the champions league squad? **** no you wont play, you're just numbers mate. yeah, just sign here

not even a numbers signing, loaned back immediately. oh dear

Yep, we're a football farm(or thats how it seems we're heading).

I wish we'd just do things the old fashion way like you guys(not a dig) and just keep throwing money at the right players until we get them.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued to see what this Martial is like. United must see him hitting huge heights.

Will he play internationals?
Just named in the French squad for the first time.

It's a gamble. Is a player that could be worth 10m or 80m.

The word out of Monaco is they have expected him to be a world beater in 2-3 years.

Yep, we're a football farm.

I wish we'd just do things the old fashion way like you guys and just keep throwing money at the right players until we get them.
Seriously?

Just saw Lescott is on a 5 year deal at Villa.

Good player and great clubman but never looked to me like his legs had much left in him. At 33 I'd be (pleasantly) amazed if he saw out his contract.

Nathan Ake, Victorien Angban, Christian Atsu, Lewis Baker, Patrick Bamford, Jeremie Boga, Isiah Brown, Nathaniel Chalobah, Andreas Christensen, Juan Cuadrado, Cristian Cuevas, Alex Davey, Ulises Davila, Matej Delac, Islam Feruz, Michael Hector, Jordan Houghton, Tomas Kalas, Todd Kane, Cristian Manea, Marco Marin, Victor Moses, Nathan, Kenneth Omeruo, Danilo Pantic, Mario Pasalic, Stipe Perica, Lucas Piazon, Jhoao Rodriguez, Mohamed Salah, Dominic Solanke, Marco Van Ginkel, Wallace:eek:
Ake, Atsu, Cuadrado, Davila, Kalas, Marin, Moses, Piazon, Salah and Van Ginkel should all know better imo

Forgot about Courtois, but he was farmed out for 3 years, whereas I named Zouma and Azpilicueta as successes as they were youngsters who never got loaned out and have been useful to the squad 100% of their time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ake, Atsu, Cuadrado, Davila, Kalas, Marin, Moses, Piazon, Salah and Van Ginkel should all know better imo

Forgot about Courtois, but he was farmed out for 3 years, whereas I named Zouma and Azpilicueta as successes as they were youngsters who never got loaned out and have been useful to the squad 100% of their time.

Zouma got loaned(and i think or hope MVG will also have a future with us).

I agree the players should know better, but they all know what they are getting into and im not so sure its detrimental to their futures.

Matty Jarvis has joined Norwich on loan as well. Seems like they were desperate to get him after missing out on other targets during the day, bit of a panic move really.

Must say, I'm massively pleased with our transfer window. Brought in about 10 new players and got rid of the dead weight in Nolan and Maiga off the books, and did well to get a decent fee for Downing as well at his age.

Antonio will be a massive wildcard being untested at the PL level, the club's probably hoping he turns into another Yannick Bolasie I suppose.

Has Nolan moved anywhere, or close to it?

Twat. But still a decent player, probably at a level or two down.
He got linked with Cardiff City but don't think he's actually moved anywhere.

He wants his raise his family in East London / Essex now, so he might end up at Leyton Orient or somewhere local I think.

He just doesn't the legs anymore, not sure he'd even get a regular game in the Championship now.

Gets a bad reputation from the West Ham fans, but to be fair, the club was rock bottom when he was brought in, and he did a fantastic job as captain getting the team back up to where it is now, so the fans should always be thankful for that.

"• Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club's preference was not to sell.

"• No offer was received for David until yesterday.

"• At lunchtime yesterday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

"• In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

"• Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 2042 BST. David's documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 2232 BST.

"• At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk.

"• Only at 2255 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David's contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

"• At this point Navas' documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid.

"• At 2258 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted -- all before the deadline.

"• It is our understanding that the deals couldn't happen because:

"- Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did)

"- Real Madrid didn't upload David's documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline

"• The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The Club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route."

Got to love how RM are trying to blame United for not making contact when we didn't want to sell, the onus is on the buying club to make it happen. Laughable from RM, failure to admit they ****ed around and caused this.

2 imo, a striker and a holding mid

We have 9 AMs/wingers now FFS
I agree that we are 2 away from perfection. But if it was the choice between one or the other I think we needed the ST more than the DM. Overall it's a 6.5/10 window for us IMO, sign a ST and it becomes an 9/10 window, get the DM too and it's a 10

Got to love how RM are trying to blame United for not making contact when we didn't want to sell, the onus is on the buying club to make it happen. Laughable from RM, failure to admit they stuffed around and caused this.
Could just be me but I'm starting to think this may have happened deliberately.

They can sell to the fans that they tried to get him but now they can save 30 mil and pick him up for nothing in 10 months time. They've still got Navas as well so it's not like they were in some desperate need.

Martial Law transfer breakdown. All in euros.
30m upfront.
5m per year for 4 years.
10m if he wins the Ballon d'Or.
5m if he wins the Golden Boy.
5m for every season he finishes league top scorer with a max of 15m.

Hopefully we pay the full 80m!

Last edited:
Yep, we're a football farm(or thats how it seems we're heading).

I wish we'd just do things the old fashion way like you guys(not a dig) and just keep throwing money at the right players until we get them.
What's with the change of tune?

You know we started the loan strategy in response to FFP, which we really have been trying to take seriously. Sure it would be great to splash Roman's money but that's not sustainable long term.

So far I consider it a success and it's only going to deliver greater results as we learn how to develop these talents better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back