Summer Transfer Window Rumours & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-for-wonderkid-with-4.3m-release-clause.html

Warchests and wonderkids, transfer season must be getting close! Telegraph are usually pretty reliable, I know next to nothing about him other than what is written in that article, but £4.3m is obviously a lot to spend on a 16 year old so we must rate him highly. I'm sure his Spain U18 team mates Pedro Chirivella and Sergi Canos would be happy to have another Iberian at Melwood.

Interesting call for Willian ahead of Cuadrado. Nallad dislikes this.

After a full pre-season I think Cuadrado will be good for Chelsea on the RW.

More what I think Mou will do, if it was up to me I'd have Hazard Mata KDB behind Costa.

I think Cuadrado will be a good player for us too, but Willian will still be Mou's first choice at RW in big games.

Ok looks time to admit it, I think Hummels might be cashed in on this transfer window. Who wants him, what would you pay?

For us, personally I'd like to add depth to the CM/LB positions, and give Langerak a shot at the #1 spot for a season. Will also need a new CB if Hummels goes, but could be a good opportunity for Ginter to come into his own given a good chance.

For me, bring back our loans (Bittencourt, Leitner, Hoffman), sign a guy like Geis as an option for a DM other than Bender and wait to see what happens with the GK position. If we sell Hummels and Mkhitaryan, and hold off making a big transfer this season, I see no reason to not try and lure ter Stegen back to Germany in a years time IF Langerak doesn't work out AND we get back to a UCL spot

Do you think he suits the English game as well as the Italian game?
Pogs has literally the perfect game for the PL. You put him next to Matic and it's the perfect midfield duo, then if Cesc can stand up for a full season it's the best midfield in the world IMO.

I really hope if he is to go that we can deal with City. If it's true that Toure wants out then push for him in the deal.

Aslong as he doesn't go to Madrid, I'll spew if that happens.

Ok looks time to admit it, I think Hummels might be cashed in on this transfer window. Who wants him, what would you pay?

For us, personally I'd like to add depth to the CM/LB positions, and give Langerak a shot at the #1 spot for a season. Will also need a new CB if Hummels goes, but could be a good opportunity for Ginter to come into his own given a good chance.

For me, bring back our loans (Bittencourt, Leitner, Hoffman), sign a guy like Geis as an option for a DM other than Bender and wait to see what happens with the GK position. If we sell Hummels and Mkhitaryan, and hold off making a big transfer this season, I see no reason to not try and lure ter Stegen back to Germany in a years time IF Langerak doesn't work out AND we get back to a UCL spot
I think it's highly likely that Hummels will end up at United if BVB decide to sell. Not sure on the price but i'd imagine it's all worked out already. The word is that United have already agreed deals for 4 players this summer and while people suspect that includes Hummels, Clyne and Depay, nobody really knows outside of OT. At current exchange rates, 30m quid = 41M EUR. i'd think all parties would be happy with that price for Hummels.

I see no reason to not try and lure ter Stegen back to Germany in a years time IF Langerak doesn't work out AND we get back to a UCL spot

What are your thoughts on Mitch? Would you be happy for the club to persevere with him rather than signing a more proven option?

I remember being blown away by his talent at times when he was at Melbourne, he only got to show it in flashes but his best was a lot better than Ryan's A League best IMO. I just worry that he may have wasted his potential sitting on the bench for so long but I'd love to see BVB take a chance with him.

What are your thoughts on Mitch? Would you be happy for the club to persevere with him rather than signing a more proven option?

I remember being blown away by his talent at times when he was at Melbourne, he only got to show it in flashes but his best was a lot better than Ryan's A League best IMO. I just worry that he may have wasted his potential sitting on the bench for so long but I'd love to see BVB take a chance with him.
I think everyone (supporters wise) is 100% behind Mitch getting to prove his worth. Very likeable character who speaks fluent German and is loved by fans over there too. He's played very well when given the chance - only need to look at his performances in the Supercup Final/DFB final/UCL debut, the latter 2 when Weidenfeller got sent off.

Ryan really impresses me with his distribution with the ball in hand, however I think Langerak is a better shot stopper with (obviously) much better reach. He is well liked within the team too - Klopp actually said he put him in the team a while ago just because the team needed someone with an infectious smile.

So in short, yes. Give him a year. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But not all can be blamed on the GK - need to make sure our back 4 (and DM) is getting their job done too

Is Hummels that good?
Everytime I see him he looks very attacking and erratic which isn't so bad but we need a defensive rock who gives stability
Correct re: attacking, almost a deep laying playmaker ... but gets back well enough, has cleared at least 3 goals off the line from memory this season. Erratic might stem from his injury problems post World Cup, but lets not forget he was probably the defender of that tournament. Reliable, honest, a leader, with playmaking vision. Very aptly rated

Is Hummels that good?
Everytime I see him he looks very attacking and erratic which isn't so bad but we need a defensive rock who gives stability

TBF though we really need someone who can play the ball out as well as Hummels can, look how many hospital balls Jones has been pumping out recently that have almost resulted in goals. Smalling is a great stopper but his ball skills leave a lot to be desired too, if he had a partner as comfortable on the ball as Hummels is I think he'd really flourish though.

Barkley v Sterling is an interesting one.

Barkley had a big drop off this season but that can happen.

For now I'd go for Sterling and think he could fit into the team straight away.

Barkley couldnt but has a big upside. Problem is we either look to buy him now, or pay double if/when he reaches his potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barkley I get the sense is over hyped because he was deemed to be the next Rooney from their academy. So far he hasn't strung together more than 2 good months in a row. Not saying he won't be great but for the money talked about last season it just wasn't worth it. With the dip in form and you'd imagine price he would be a good buy for City. Hopefully with games and fitness he doesn't turn into a Rodwell v2.0 which could still happen.

FWIW City should through all the warchest at Pogba! The kid is the long term successor to Yaya and the side could be built around him. And just imagine the shoving it back at United and Fergie for a decade :D

Barkley I get the sense is over hyped because he was deemed to be the next Rooney from their academy. So far he hasn't strung together more than 2 good months in a row. Not saying he won't be great but for the money talked about last season it just wasn't worth it. With the dip in form and you'd imagine price he would be a good buy for City. Hopefully with games and fitness he doesn't turn into a Rodwell v2.0 which could still happen.

FWIW City should through all the warchest at Pogba! The kid is the long term successor to Yaya and the side could be built around him. And just imagine the shoving it back at United and Fergie for a decade :D

With fitness Rodwell Mk I would have been something to aspire to. Mancini loved him, and put him into the side whenever he was able to walk.

Ahem.

WARCHEST, we don't mess about with piddly warchests.

Ahem.

WARCHEST, we don't mess about with piddly warchests.
With the capitals you may as well get Barkley & Pogba
both.png

One thing that would be interesting with Sterling is if he left at the end of his contract and got a tribunal assessed fee.

I wonder how much it would be. Typically a lot less than you'd get on the open market, but as an England international, probably a veteran of close to 200 premier league matches. Not sure what the highest tribunal fee is, but you'd think this would be it if it reached that stage. Maybe £15m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back