Summer Transfer Window

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how buying players well versed in the PL can be directly compared to buying random players from European leagues but meh.
Aside from Lallana and Remy, and Lovren at a stretch, which of their signings are well versed?

Ulloa done for 8mil. Will be announced tomorrow morning (UK time).

Interestingly, Brighton supporters are gutted he's gone even though they got good value for him.

He's very good with his head (something we didn't have) and with Mahrez and Albrighton crossing into him, he should latch onto a few throughout the season.

Any news on the Hummels front?
Where has this rumor even come from? Everything I have seen and heard from Dortmond is that he is not for sale, Klopp laughed at a reporter in a press conference who mentioned it.

He isn't going anywhere.

Where has this rumor even come from? Everything I have seen and heard from Dortmond is that he is not for sale, Klopp laughed at a reporter in a press conference who mentioned it.

He isn't going anywhere.

Rumours are coming from Spain, it's all a load of BS, Hummels is staying at Dortmund.

So Real Madrid decides to **** off an absolutely world class winger who was probably best on ground for the CL final, for a bloke who has loads of talent but on the back of one good world cup

That's Real Madrid alright

It is, but that's also underselling James a bit

Was a weapon at Porto, had a great second half the season with Monaco and made big moves at the U20 WC a few years ago as well. Anyone with half a brain knew he was coming

It is, but that's also underselling James a bit

Was a weapon at Porto, had a great second half the season with Monaco and made big moves at the U20 WC a few years ago as well. Anyone with half a brain knew he was coming

But at the expense of the best genuine winger in the world?

No one's disputing Rodriguez's talent, but Di Maria is absolutely amazing, it's ridiculous to push him out

That's what Real Madrid do. Any team would love to have 'just' Di Maria is their side, let alone Ronaldo and bale for Christ sake, now Di Maria is getting pushed out because Madrid see a new shiny toy, and must have it.

The quality in attack they have is ridiculous, and not to mention they had Ozil as well who they had to push out for bale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd one when Hull and QPR were interested.
Heres what Omeruo had to say on it........
He was sought after by Hull City and QPR, but he has opted to return to the English Championship with Middlesbrough.

“You know, it’s difficult to see a 20-year-old defender play week in, week out. And if I join a premiership side I would not be guaranteed regular playing time,” he told AfricanFootball.com

“So, if I would be on the bench in another club, I would rather remain at Chelsea.

“So, that’s why I decided to go where I am familiar with and guaranteed regular play.”

“I spoke with Mike Emenalo (Chelsea sporting chief) and he said with the plans Chelsea have for me that it was best I continue with ‘Boro.

“And I personally think it was best for me because I am already established as a player in ‘Boro, the fans like me.”

Aside from Lallana and Remy, and Lovren at a stretch, which of their signings are well versed?

Lallana, Remy, Lambert and Lovren, who have all spent at least one season in England. Markovic is hardly an unknown player so I'd equate him with Eriksen, and Origini is likely to go out on loan so is irrelevant in discussion. Their only real gamble seems to be Can.

Heres what Omeruo had to say on it........
He was sought after by Hull City and QPR, but he has opted to return to the English Championship with Middlesbrough.

“You know, it’s difficult to see a 20-year-old defender play week in, week out. And if I join a premiership side I would not be guaranteed regular playing time,” he told AfricanFootball.com

“So, if I would be on the bench in another club, I would rather remain at Chelsea.

“So, that’s why I decided to go where I am familiar with and guaranteed regular play.”

“I spoke with Mike Emenalo (Chelsea sporting chief) and he said with the plans Chelsea have for me that it was best I continue with ‘Boro.

“And I personally think it was best for me because I am already established as a player in ‘Boro, the fans like me.”

Haha I don't think he really had much of a chat to Bruce in that case because he likely would have started most weeks for us in our 3-5-2 formation. Europe + cups as well would have meant plenty of playing time.

Last edited:
Klopp literally laughed at the Hummels to United rumours

1901650_w2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back