Summer Transfer Window

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a world cup year I could understand (ie last season), sure.

He would get the gametime he wants at Chelsea. We play in enough competitions for him to get 30+ appearances. Look how much Costa has had to fight to get to where he is now. Costa had to play second fiddle for years at Atletico. Numerous loan spells later and he led Atletico to the league. Trained hard, didn't let setbacks get to him. Matic was training hard and earning his spot in his initial spell at Chelsea, got a transfer to Benfica, worked hard for them, 3 years later his earnt his spot at Chelsea. That's the kind of attitude you need at a club like Chelsea. Not the sooky attitude Lukaku has.

I'm sorry, I just don't like the way he's been carrying on as if he's a top striker.
Wait, so it's ok for Matic, being a young player, not getting games at Chelsea to be sold to Benfica where he has established himself as a very good player and ended up earning a transfer back to Chelsea. But it's not ok for Lukaku to do that?

Im confused.

Can't blame him, wanted to play at Stamford Bridge, gets his dream transfer to Chelsea, plays half a dozen games there in 3 years. I'd be jaded with Chelsea too.
Yeah you can understand him wanting out. I mean sure he is still young at 21 but plenty of younger players are getting more games at top clubs. Sterling, Coutinho, Flanno are all the same age or younger than Lukaku and are getting plenty of starts at a big club.

Yeah you can understand him wanting out. I mean sure he is still young at 21 but plenty of younger players are getting more games at top clubs. Sterling, Coutinho, Flanno are all the same age or younger than Lukaku and are getting plenty of starts at a big club.

He also actually performed in the league too. Would probably be another thing if he was at City or Liverpool or even United that had decent players ahead but when you're getting shafted for the likes of Torres I would be pissed too.

He also actually performed in the league too. Would probably be another thing if he was at City or Liverpool or even United that had decent players ahead but when you're getting shafted for the likes of Torres I would be pissed too.

He's a giant pussy. All he has to do is show a little bit of fight and desire and show he's better than Torres. It's a Mourinho team ffs. If you're not willing to fight for a spot over Torres of all people, then he should go enjoy his career at Everton and retire trophyless.

Lukaku has posted a pic on his Instagram captioned "time to write a new chapter", and he's looking pretty happy. Media is saying this is a massive hint he's leaving, he's been training with Anderlecht so it could be as simple as him flying back to London to report for pre season training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's showing a desire to actually play, something that chelsea seemingly don't want to give him.

So far he's shown desire that he wants a spot handed to him, what he hasn't shown is any desire to fight for that spot. I'd love if he proved me wrong. But so far his attitude is extremely disappointing.

He's a giant pussy. All he has to do is show a little bit of fight and desire and show he's better than Torres. It's a Mourinho team ffs. If you're not willing to fight for a spot over Torres of all people, then he should go enjoy his career at Everton and retire trophyless.
Its refreshing to see a player that doesn't give a s**t about trophies, money or being at a 'big club' and just wanting to play week in week out.

it's only natural to expect you'll be given a chance to perform when you have 15+ mil spent on you. and then you see ba, eto'o and drogba brought back, as well as torres being kept around. had 2 good seasons on loan. yet other strikers are brought in.

why should he stick around?

and he isnt

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 13s
Also I can confirm Romelu Lukaku is joining Everton: 5 year deal. #EFC

Its refreshing to see a player that doesn't give a s**t about trophies, money or being at a 'big club' and just wanting to play week in week out.

Yeah, has nothing to do that mate. Lukaku says he loves the club, grew up as a supporter and idolized Drogba yet he hasn't shown one iota of desire to fight week in and week out to prove himself under Mourinho.

he definitely does like a whinge, and seemingly has a bit of an attitude, but he's a 21 year old who's been bigged up all his lift, got a dream move to the club he idolised, and it hasn't worked out, for whatever reason. never got a chance and now he's moving on. it happens.

it's only natural to expect you'll be given a chance to perform when you have 15+ mil spent on you. and then you see ba, eto'o and drogba brought back, as well as torres being kept around. had 2 good seasons on loan. yet other strikers are brought in.

why should he stick around?

and he isnt

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 13s
Also I can confirm Romelu Lukaku is joining Everton: 5 year deal. #EFC

Nah look fair enough I would be pissed off. I absolutely would. But I would at least try to prove myself and show that I'm worth more than them. That's what us Chelsea fans are disappointed in. Look, sky is the limit for the kid, I truly think he will be unstoppable in a couple years. I just wish he gave one season to show Jose what he can do.

Wait, so it's ok for Matic, being a young player, not getting games at Chelsea to be sold to Benfica where he has established himself as a very good player and ended up earning a transfer back to Chelsea. But it's not ok for Lukaku to do that?

Im confused.

Quite similar situations when you put it that way.

Yeah, has nothing to do that mate. Lukaku says he loves the club, grew up as a supporter and idolized Drogba yet he hasn't shown one iota of desire to fight week in and week out to prove himself under Mourinho.
Scoring 17 and 15 league goals in two seasons isn't proving yourself? How many did Torres score in that time? What more does he have to do to be given a chance? If you showed some faith in him he would still be there, but you didn't and now he is gone, suck it up princess.

Nah look fair enough I would be pissed off. I absolutely would. But I would at least try to prove myself and show that I'm worth more than them. That's what us Chelsea fans are disappointed in. Look, sky is the limit for the kid, I truly think he will be unstoppable in a couple years. I just wish he gave one season to show Jose what he can do.

you should probably air them at your clubs, not lukaku himself

Scoring 17 and 15 league goals in two seasons isn't proving yourself? How many did Torres score in that time? What more does he have to do to be given a chance? If you showed some faith in him he would still be there, but you didn't and now he is gone, suck it up princess.

For f*ck sake., I'm airing some frustration at a player I wanted to play for my club. No need to have a pot shot at me, poor form.

He needs to be moving somewhere that allows him to start every week anyway, and he is good enough to do so. Not Chelsea's fault, not Lukaku's fault, it just ended up being a bad fit. Lukaku will get his regular football, Chelsea will make a massive profit, both parties will be happy. Chelsea fans mightn't be happy that they're losing a prospect but they can easily just go out and buy another striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back