Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing official as far as I know but we could guess that the powers that be thought their performance (the teams) was well below expectations considering what they did last year .
Their is a romour that the new coach will be from within the Dees.
About time something happened on this forum.

A bit of recruiting going on around the town. One particular big name seems keen to move.

Nothing official as far as I know but we could guess that the powers that be thought their performance (the teams) was well below expectations considering what they did last year .
Their is a romour that the new coach will be from within the Dees.
About time something happened on this forum.

I hear they have re-signed former premiership coach Ash Connick for next year.

G'day Morgs,

Coomealla folded along way back, I think off field (running a club) was harder to manage on field.
Unfortunatly not many young Aboriginal lads go on to play much footy after 20-21 yo's, real same. Hence would struggle to find the number.
Most of the boys playing for Coomealla, play with Wentworth in the Sunraysia League, home club of Ruma's John Jackson.
Very interested, can you post your views on how/who played well on the Sunraysia thread,

Cheers.

Some players that stood out for me were John Jackson who won the best player in the Carnival, and a couple of little, quick guys Yeatsie? best in the Finals, Joshy Smith, Anthnoy Taylor up forward, and hayden murray's last 1/4 was pretty good. B. Harris held the back down well against a Nortnern FL senior player, and a couple of the older bigger mids who I don't catch their names done alot of in and under stuff to get the ball out to the runners. Was a good set up and worked really well for them was only 8 in it at the last change and won by 40 odd points were far to fit and quick for Fitzroy Stars. From memory they came second last year in Shepparton against the same team. They will play Div 1 next year against us in Geelong. Now that will be a good game.

Some players that stood out for me were John Jackson who won the best player in the Carnival, and a couple of little, quick guys Yeatsie? best in the Finals, Joshy Smith, Anthnoy Taylor up forward, and hayden murray's last 1/4 was pretty good. B. Harris held the back down well against a Nortnern FL senior player, and a couple of the older bigger mids who I don't catch their names done alot of in and under stuff to get the ball out to the runners. Was a good set up and worked really well for them was only 8 in it at the last change and won by 40 odd points were far to fit and quick for Fitzroy Stars. From memory they came second last year in Shepparton against the same team. They will play Div 1 next year against us in Geelong. Now that will be a good game.

Thx, Nice work Morgs!

Can anyone tell me wether, eagle, bell or any other sunraysia footballers have been considered to play in the mallee league. Ouyen etc. This year..Sonny staying at south and Hasse or are they all staying put.
Warick braidy another of interest.
Ouyen chasing a ff and anyother gun they can get for big dollars.

Can anyone tell me wether, eagle, bell or any other sunraysia footballers have been considered to play in the mallee league. Ouyen etc. This year..Sonny staying at south and Hasse or are they all staying put.
Warick braidy another of interest.
Ouyen chasing a ff and anyother gun they can get for big dollars.

Jason Bell and O'callagans to Ouyen
Atkitson to coach Irymple in 2009:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear Eato has quit Irymple in the last couple of days to move to Melbourne.

That is true has resigned as coach there is a slight possibility very slight that we will retain his services as a player.

Irymple is offically on the hunt for a coach!!!!

That is true has resigned as coach there is a slight possibility very slight that we will retain his services as a player.

Irymple is offically on the hunt for a coach!!!!

No chance of retaining him as a player. 4 times the money to travel to manang with morris or further up the road to Balranald. Would expect him to play in melb, good money there as well plus Patt Jess will get him at his club.
Will be very hard for Irymple to find a good coach now, big losses with good juniors moving away so could be a lean year for the swollows in 09.

No chance of retaining him as a player. 4 times the money to travel to manang with morris or further up the road to Balranald. Would expect him to play in melb, good money there as well plus Patt Jess will get him at his club.
Will be very hard for Irymple to find a good coach now, big losses with good juniors moving away so could be a lean year for the swollows in 09.

Pat Jess played at Heathcote for the last half of last year and is expected to go back there again.

Ahh Yaablett, straight to the point i love it.

Whats shaping at the Dee's for '09 any movement in or out?

I'll help you out Skeet as you will only get what Yab wants to happen and not what will happen.:D

Anstey to Robinvale/Breeza to Lalbert or Nyah/O'Callaghan Merbein or Ouyen!! Heard from all good sources...........:thumbsu:

Ouyen on a huge recruiting coup and offering heaps of coin so dont be surprised if you hear of more players heading down the calder hwy in 09!!:eek:

I'll help you out Skeet as you will only get what Yab wants to happen and not what will happen.:D

Anstey to Robinvale/Breeza to Lalbert or Nyah/O'Callaghan Merbein or Ouyen!! Heard from all good sources...........:thumbsu:

Ouyen on a huge recruiting coup and offering heaps of coin so dont be surprised if you hear of more players heading down the calder hwy in 09!!:eek:

Maybe you could pm me these sources then know all. Ryan will 100% be at Mildura and the other two are undecided. My sources are the guys themselves, all close friends of mine.

Maybe you could pm me these sources then know all. Ryan will 100% be at Mildura and the other two are undecided. My sources are the guys themselves, all close friends of mine.

Was in Swan Hill Wednesday night and spoke to a committee man of Nyah and said they had spoken to Breeza who was considering his options.

Spoke to Robinvale mate on the way there and they are confident they have Anstey as he is married to a local Vale girl.

I worked in Ouyen for 3 years and dropped in Thursday arvo on way back from Swan Hill and was filled in on the doings of the Demons!!:thumbsu:

You will not be the only club to loose players to Ouyen if thats any consolation??:p

Was in Swan Hill Wednesday night and spoke to a committee man of Nyah and said they had spoken to Breeza who was considering his options.

Spoke to Robinvale mate on the way there and they are confident they have Anstey as he is married to a local Vale girl.

I worked in Ouyen for 3 years and dropped in Thursday arvo on way back from Swan Hill and was filled in on the doings of the Demons!!:thumbsu:

You will not be the only club to loose players to Ouyen if thats any consolation??:p

So your Nyah committee man, your Robinvale mate and someone in Ouyen is better than me actually speaking to the 3 players in question?:confused: As I said Ryan to definetely stay and the other 2 are considering options but are someway from deciding. But hey, keep getting on here talking about footballers you dont know and where they are going if it makes you feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back