News Suns announce new sponsor - Fiat.

Remove this Banner Ad

gosuns!

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I have a problem with the logo not the company. Hopefully it is reworked into something more aesthetically pleasing if not i'll buy the clash jersey instead not that stressed.

I'm as happy to welcome fiat as i will be to welcome all the other bandwagon riders in the next 10 years! :p

Max Rockatansky

Cancelled
Jul 24, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Silverton Hotel
I have a problem with the logo not the company. Hopefully it is reworked into something more aesthetically pleasing if not i'll buy the clash jersey instead not that stressed.

I'm as happy to welcome fiat as i will be to welcome all the other bandwagon riders in the next 10 years! :p

Not so long ago Fiat owned a company that produced Land Mines. I hope they have grown some ethics since then.

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Interesting to see GWS have now lost a car sponsor (Skoda) but have picked up Virgin for 5 years on the front of guernsey, and from what I know it's on more coin than Skoda were paying.

blaze036

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gumbies FC
Interesting to see GWS have now lost a car sponsor (Skoda) but have picked up Virgin for 5 years on the front of guernsey, and from what I know it's on more coin than Skoda were paying.

Are Virgin going to be on the jumper of two teams?

Has a sponsor ever been on 2 different AFL teams at the same time before?

jimbler

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I just saw a pic, and I was about to ask you guys if you had a new sponsor, then I spotted this thread. It is rather prominent.

draft300-300x0.jpg

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Is it right that the specs for logos is measured by size of jumper covered? For example in the pic above, the black outline around the GWS Virgin logo counts in the measurement. However, if the black were removed, the white word Virgin could be a lot bigger than the black outline is because there are gals in the lettering etc that allow for more or less percentage of the jumper covered? Does that make sense?
Like, if our Fiat logo had a coloured box around it, it would have to be heaps smaller to meet the specs.

Does that make sense?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back