Australind
AFL Club
West Coast

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Werent these guys caught drinking before?

How did the club find out? They could easily drink once they reach home from recovery.

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Given the clubs injury risk, and the known effect that alcohol has on recovery, I don't think it's an unreasonable request.

Good on the Suns. They kept their integrity even when the chips are down. That's a sign of a good club.

I can almost guarantee if they had a couple of wins the clubs stance would have been different. They have pretty much conceded they wont be playing finals this year.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
What the &$#% was McKenna doing up there?

At least the Sheedy/Williams combo had some experience (even if they were both past it/ clinically mad).

If the AFL had their time again I reckon they'd have spent more time putting decent people in place at Metricon.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
What the &$#% was McKenna doing up there?

At least the Sheedy/Williams combo had some experience (even if they were both past it/ clinically mad).

If the AFL had their time again I reckon they'd have spent more time putting decent people in place at Metricon.

This.

Eade has said on numerous occasions that the culture he arrived at was simply not good enough. Malceski has also talked about how he was shocked at how low the training standard was compared to Sydney. Under Bluey, as long as you were one of his favourites you'd get a game no matter how you train/perform. Who knows what else was happening behind closed doors.

But apparently sacking McKenna was a huge mistake.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
This.

Eade has said on numerous occasions that the culture he arrived at was simply not good enough. Malceski has also talked about how he was shocked at how low the training standard was compared to Sydney. Under Bluey, as long as you were one of his favourites you'd get a game no matter how you train/perform. Who knows what else was happening behind closed doors.

But apparently sacking McKenna was a huge mistake.

How could someone like Ablett let the training standards get so low?

Back