AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Guy Mckenna & Marcus Ashcroft have been doing a lot of self promoting via the media of late.

What will worry both is no one from the board is promoting them.
Football boards are usually not seen nor heard unless something it wrong.

However on this board, We're behind him 100% and it sounds like I'm going to have to bring it back.

#InBlueyWeTrust

Bazza37

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

#InBlueyWeTrust
Just like Enron & Lehman Brothers.

or maybe it's because the Board are preoccupied deciding the next CEO.
and Travis Auld has made his choice to move to AFL House so he should have
no influence on the decision.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast

However on this board, We're behind him 100% and it sounds like I'm going to have to bring it back.

#InBlueyWeTrust
Yeah there's a few newcomers lately who seem to want Bluey's head on a platter. Not sure if serious or just clever trolls. After watching the post-match presser from the Essendon game I'm more confident than ever Bluey is the man to lead us forward. He is under no illusions and knows exactly where the playing group is at and what they need to do, and he is also well aware of where the coaching group are at and what they need to work on as well. No one knows these boys as well as Bluey does.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Yeah there's a few newcomers lately who seem to want Bluey's head on a platter. Not sure if serious or just clever trolls. After watching the post-match presser from the Essendon game I'm more confident than ever Bluey is the man to lead us forward. He is under no illusions and knows exactly where the playing group is at and what they need to do, and he is also well aware of where the coaching group are at and what they need to work on as well. No one knows these boys as well as Bluey does.
It's not just on here though or lately though, When we aren't performing up to the lofty standards that a minority of our members think we should be at (ie winning every game by 100 points) they turn on Bluey like it was something out of professional wrestling and it sickens me.

Towards the end of last year a pair of members in my bay took it upon themselves to yell at Bluey as he walked past "Goodbye McKenna, Won't be seeing you next year!" and this is after a game we won. It just boggles the mind that everyone seems to think that we'd be better off with Kevin Sheedy or Rodney Eade as coach (No s**t, those were the two better than Bluey suggestions that those two old hags came up with)

I have never wavered from the belief that this guy is the chosen one to lead us to our first flag.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Interesting that on Footy Classified tonight Garry Lyon was anger and disappointed that Gary Ablett has denied a number of requests for interviews before last weeks game. Craig Hutchinson then said GC are never good with interviews.
If he doesn't want a interview he doesn't need to do it. another example of Journalists acting like everything revolves around them.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Dear everyone

I will be deleting posts straight up if they contain any abusive/personally insulting comments towards another poster, no matter how trivial. I have said it before and I will say it one more time. If you wanna have your say on a topic, go for broke. Not everyone has to agree with your agenda. But the moment you start poster for their opinions expect some consequences.

Final warnings all!

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
So everyone who doesn't agree is a newcomer or a troll....that's ok to post, ask Suns,,,

It's not just on here though or lately though, When we aren't performing up to the lofty standards that a minority of our members think we should be at (ie winning every game by 100 points) they turn on Bluey like it was something out of professional wrestling and it sickens me.

Towards the end of last year a pair of members in my bay took it upon themselves to yell at Bluey as he walked past "Goodbye McKenna, Won't be seeing you next year!" and this is after a game we won. It just boggles the mind that everyone seems to think that we'd be better off with Kevin Sheedy or Rodney Eade as coach (No s**t, those were the two better than Bluey suggestions that those two old hags came up with)

I have never wavered from the belief that this guy is the chosen one to lead us to our first flag.

This is ok also. Say what you like in defence, but don't label people fan boys for it...

Listen SUNS, just ban me now. I cant handle mealy mouthed bullshit.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
So everyone who doesn't agree is a newcomer or a troll....that's ok to post, ask Suns,,,

This is ok also. Say what you like in defence, but don't label people fan boys for it...

Listen SUNS, just ban me now. I cant handle mealy mouthed bullshit.

Done :thumbsu:

As I have said you can say what you want on here about any topic. Just stop bringing other posters into it. This goes for everyone on here, not just yourself. This topic is over on this thread. If you want to talk more PM myself or Sunny_

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Whether Bluey has done a great or not so great job is a matter of personal opinion, I for one have been frustrated with the 2nd half of the year but 10 of our best 22 have been missing so any side would struggle.

Having said that no matter how its cut next year there can be no excuses 5 pre-seasons into the main group, and the 5th year with Bluey in charge, barring another injury list like this year he needs to get this group playing a couple of finals if he is to retain his role.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well said. I'm bemused by the current calls to get rid of Bluey but next year should we not make the finals I might grab a pitchfork and join the angry mob.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
To be completely honest, I agree with 90% of what's written in that article. I'm not on the 'chop off Bluey's head' bandwagon, but his excuses are poor. I can't even bring myself was watch his post-game press conferences anymore because it honestly hurts to cringe so much at his stupidly thought-out answers. I'm not oblivious to the fact that it's not entirely his fault that we've lost 6 out of the past 7 games, and we definitely weren't invincible before Gary's injury, but Bluey really needs to stop making excuses.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
To be completely honest, I agree with 90% of what's written in that article. I'm not on the 'chop off Bluey's head' bandwagon, but his excuses are poor. I can't even bring myself was watch his post-game press conferences anymore because it honestly hurts to cringe so much at his stupidly thought-out answers. I'm not oblivious to the fact that it's not entirely his fault that we've lost 6 out of the past 7 games, and we definitely weren't invincible before Gary's injury, but Bluey really needs to stop making excuses.

What would you like him to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back