Crissy_v

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2006
Noosa
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Ana Ivanovic
Just thought I'd start an official thread about footy on the sunny coast.

My personal views on the clubs:

Caloundra:thumbsdown:
Maroochydore:confused:
Nambour:confused:
Noosa:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Pomona/Cooroora:thumbsu:
Landsborough Lions:confused:

PS: I know some of the above clubs only play in juniors

i play for caloundra.....are you giving your thumbs down towards the seniors, juniors or the club as a whole? and why would you give us the thumbs down because pomona probably have never beaten caloundra?

Just thought I'd start an official thread about footy on the sunny coast.

My personal views on the clubs:

Caloundra:thumbsdown:
Maroochydore:confused:
Nambour:confused:
Noosa:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Pomona/Cooroora:thumbsu:
Landsborough Lions:confused:

PS: I know some of the above clubs only play in juniors

i play for caloundra.....are you giving your thumbs down towards the seniors, juniors or the club as a whole? and why would you give us the thumbs down because pomona probably have never beaten caloundra?

actually Poo town have beaten Caloundra a few times, I played in those wins. As a club Caloundra is great but the players I come up against are just absolute w***ers, Unlike some of Maroochy players who are talented but choose not to act like such tossers.

The seniors side is good, but as for U18's and everything below, well thats something different.

Some of my mates play for the Panthers currently and I also might be next season, the opinions I've expressed are based purely on on-field attributes.

Lions new clubrooms looked good when i saw the(just before they opened last yr. Might take a while to get the 'character' of the old ones though!!

actually Poo town have beaten Caloundra a few times, I played in those wins. As a club Caloundra is great but the players I come up against are just absolute w***ers, Unlike some of Maroochy players who are talented but choose not to act like such tossers.

The seniors side is good, but as for U18's and everything below, well thats something different.

Some of my mates play for the Panthers currently and I also might be next season, the opinions I've expressed are based purely on on-field attributes.

haha Pomona actually beat caloundra today in the 16's. what age group do you play in and who are you friends with? Why do you say we act like w***ers?

haha Pomona actually beat caloundra today in the 16's. what age group do you play in and who are you friends with? Why do you say we act like w***ers?

One such example with an U/18's game I was apart of last year (I'm not from Pomona I should mention) involved a few of the players and supporters sitting in a ute behind the goals shouting alledged racist remarks at some of my Aboriginal and Islander teammates which in turn caused them to fight back and, due to Sunshine Coast Umpires umpiring against a non-Sunshine Coast team, saw them reported and refusing to hear any defence and, funnily enough, when confronted about it cases were dropped with little discussion and even less complaint.

From the same game we were loading an injured player on a stretcher into an ambulance and, yes of course, the same people in the utes sped up as he was being loaded on from the road, only narrowly missing him due to some last minute evasive action from parents.

From that day forward I have had little time for Caloundra as a club. I was very recently back there playing Seniors. I'll give it to the Seniors most of them were quite good and respectable but the reserves, well, different story.

Up the Dees, yeah I know alot of the boys who play in the 16's, I go and watch 'em and be their runner and what not occasionally.

My friends I think play either colts or U18's not sure, havent seen them for yonks.

Did you play last year? Just in case my answer to the last question is actually about you.

One such example with an U/18's game I was apart of last year (I'm not from Pomona I should mention) involved a few of the players and supporters sitting in a ute behind the goals shouting alledged racist remarks at some of my Aboriginal and Islander teammates which in turn caused them to fight back and, due to Sunshine Coast Umpires umpiring against a non-Sunshine Coast team, saw them reported and refusing to hear any defence and, funnily enough, when confronted about it cases were dropped with little discussion and even less complaint.

From the same game we were loading an injured player on a stretcher into an ambulance and, yes of course, the same people in the utes sped up as he was being loaded on from the road, only narrowly missing him due to some last minute evasive action from parents.

From that day forward I have had little time for Caloundra as a club. I was very recently back there playing Seniors. I'll give it to the Seniors most of them were quite good and respectable but the reserves, well, different story.

Yeah, who you play for? (im guessing your from Caboolture?) I play 1's for caloundra atm. I doubt very very much that anyone from Caloundra would make racist re-marks of any kind.

Yeah, who you play for? (im guessing your from Caboolture?) I play 1's for caloundra atm. I doubt very very much that anyone from Caloundra would make racist re-marks of any kind.

Another Caboolture player here...

I heard the remarks personally, some of the Under 18's were truly feral people, and their bogan redneck friends over the fence packed onto the back of cruisers were even worse.

Thats not to say the culture is inherent through the entire club, but it wasn't a pretty picture.

I find this to be just a little hippicritical (or how ever you spell it) coming from a Caboolture player/person. what number were you guys?

I find this to be just a little hippicritical (or how ever you spell it) coming from a Caboolture player/person. what number were you guys?

Based on what? It can't possibly be true because we aren't from a silverspoon community?

I wear 47, play in the magoos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on what? It can't possibly be true because we aren't from a silverspoon community?

I wear 47, play in the magoos.

No thats not the reason at all, Caloundra isnt much of a "silverspoon community" believe me. Just that over the years Caboolture hasnt been the how do i say this? the cleanest club especially towards caloundrsa.

In that 18s game last year i didnt play but was meant to. But from what i have heard the reason that this started is because one of your players who i believe is of aboriginal decent was targeting smaller players and hitting people late etc etc. And then tried to fight the crowd. And i dont believe for a second that anything racist was said and if that was the case they would not be allowed to return to the club. But i would not be suprised if stuff was said and it would have been pretty explicit but not racist.

No thats not the reason at all, Caloundra isnt much of a "silverspoon community" believe me. Just that over the years Caboolture hasnt been the how do i say this? the cleanest club especially towards caloundrsa.

In that 18s game last year i didnt play but was meant to. But from what i have heard the reason that this started is because one of your players who i believe is of aboriginal decent was targeting smaller players and hitting people late etc etc. And then tried to fight the crowd. And i dont believe for a second that anything racist was said and if that was the case they would not be allowed to return to the club. But i would not be suprised if stuff was said and it would have been pretty explicit but not racist.

Never happened (thus actually saying that Caloundra, whilst being the agonist to any wrong-doing still try claim innocence). Racist remarks were made. Our aboriginal players fired up and I doubt anybody would really care about it if they were because if I understand (having played in the losing Caboolture 1's side the other week) it's known as 'it's just what they do' sort of culture and you're more interested in denying and pretending ignorance rather than face up to the short comings and lose support.

I have no time for Calounda and to try and put it back on Caboolture because of a rough past is nothing short of pathetic and cowardly. Especially seeing as I talk to someone who played for Caloundra in that game who has actually said they wouldn't be suprised if it happened.

FYI Why did you think anybody tried to get stuck into anybody in the crowd? That doesn't happen for no reason. It happens due to extreme protagonism, especially to someone who is normally quite timid. That sort of thing only happens when racist remarks are said/repeated. From what I understand Caloundra really doesn't have a good reputation throughout the league for unsportsmanlike conduct so this actually doesn't come as a suprise.

Pathetic!

Never happened (thus actually saying that Caloundra, whilst being the agonist to any wrong-doing still try claim innocence). Racist remarks were made. Our aboriginal players fired up and I doubt anybody would really care about it if they were because if I understand (having played in the losing Caboolture 1's side the other week) it's known as 'it's just what they do' sort of culture and you're more interested in denying and pretending ignorance rather than face up to the short comings and lose support.

I have no time for Calounda and to try and put it back on Caboolture because of a rough past is nothing short of pathetic and cowardly. Especially seeing as I talk to someone who played for Caloundra in that game who has actually said they wouldn't be suprised if it happened.

FYI Why did you think anybody tried to get stuck into anybody in the crowd? That doesn't happen for no reason. It happens due to extreme protagonism, especially to someone who is normally quite timid. That sort of thing only happens when racist remarks are said/repeated. From what I understand Caloundra really doesn't have a good reputation throughout the league for unsportsmanlike conduct so this actually doesn't come as a suprise.

Pathetic!

I played in that 1's game aswell. And I dont see how you can imply that anything racist was said. If caloundra had no respect for other races then why do we rate Punda so highly?

And judging our club because there was four drunk guys on a ute yelling out alledged racists remarks, seems pretty cowardly to me. And for some players it doesnt take much to get into the crowd...especially when they are already upset because they are getting flogged etc etc. During that game the same player was trying to fight his own team mates aswell so how do you explain that one?

I would like to know who this guy from Caloundra is that you spoke to. Care to tell?

And come on mate...you think that Caboolture have a good reputation throughout the league? And do you think that Caboolture is praised throughout for there acts of sportsmanship? I doubt it very highly.

I played in that 1's game aswell. And I dont see how you can imply that anything racist was said. If caloundra had no respect for other races then why do we rate Punda so highly?

And judging our club because there was four drunk guys on a ute yelling out alledged racists remarks, seems pretty cowardly to me. And for some players it doesnt take much to get into the crowd...especially when they are already upset because they are getting flogged etc etc. During that game the same player was trying to fight his own team mates aswell so how do you explain that one?

I would like to know who this guy from Caloundra is that you spoke to. Care to tell?

And come on mate...you think that Caboolture have a good reputation throughout the league? And do you think that Caboolture is praised throughout for there acts of sportsmanship? I doubt it very highly.

At Caboolture we don't get upset at getting flogged, we take the good with the bad.

We know we don't have a good rep, but over the past few years we've worked hard to fix that, and when people like you enjoy embellishing and judging an incident with no knowledge of it, it can damage our name.

Having seen the incident in question, and heard all of the vitriolic garbage coming from over the fence, and hearing every single Caboolture player say they heard remarks from players inside the fence, I am going to trust them.

By the way... You don't happen to know the bloke with the squashed nose? He is a little ferret.

I didn't say that ones game. I just said that's where I picked up that the players don't seem to care what is yelled out from the crowd and aren't willing to own up to it

Umm...no he wasn't trying to fight his own teammates. That was somebody else entirely (not even the same race so call that a huge swing and a miss). Judging the club by the four drunk guys is cowardly yes...but when it's a recurring problem from what I've been able to ascertain and the players aren't even willing to think twice, well, I'd say that outways the cowardice shown to make the assumption in the first place (if you can even call it cowardice, more conclusion jumping)

He'll probably post in here in good time. I believe you've had an altercation with him on BigFooty in the past

Where did I say we were? Hell I know full well our indiscretions and we're battling hard to improve ourselves. We'll admit fault. But never have we stooped to the low that was reached that day and I'll thank you to stop embellishing on an incident in which you didn't even see and only received the biased scoop from teammates (who from the sounds of it were in the ute that day and we also responsible, why would they even bother owning up).

At Caboolture we don't get upset at getting flogged, we take the good with the bad.

We know we don't have a good rep, but over the past few years we've worked hard to fix that, and when people like you enjoy embellishing and judging an incident with no knowledge of it, it can damage our name.

Having seen the incident in question, and heard all of the vitriolic garbage coming from over the fence, and hearing every single Caboolture player say they heard remarks from players inside the fence, I am going to trust them.

By the way... You don't happen to know the bloke with the squashed nose? He is a little ferret.

Mate you have to be kidding not one person on the team that day would have said anything...they were that scared of him it isnt even funny. See how we forfeited against them later on in the year...because to be honest with you the majority of the Caloundra players were scared.

Working on your reputation? you seem to take that pretty seriously...for intance last year with your now senior coach who was playing at the time absolutely ripping the s**t out of out goal umpire in front of little kids etc. using the 'c' word repeatedly and calling him a cheat. Another instance is at the 18s pre-season carnival at Cooparoo last year, in between games your players were walking around smoking cigarettes (still in their footy stuff). that cant be good for your reputation surely.

Dont no who the ferret is.

Mate you have to be kidding not one person on the team that day would have said anything...they were that scared of him it isnt even funny. See how we forfeited against them later on in the year...because to be honest with you the majority of the Caloundra players were scared.

Working on your reputation? you seem to take that pretty seriously...for intance last year with your now senior coach who was playing at the time absolutely ripping the s**t out of out goal umpire in front of little kids etc. using the 'c' word repeatedly and calling him a cheat. Another instance is at the 18s pre-season carnival at Cooparoo last year, in between games your players were walking around smoking cigarettes (still in their footy stuff). that cant be good for your reputation surely.

Dont no who the ferret is.

So you now know the incident we are talking about? Which player are you talkin about? Put a number to him if you are gonna talk knowledgably on the subject.

They were scared? Thats not the story we were told by the Caloundra club, it was that one of the players died the night before, it was a rather solemn way to wake up. But either you are lying or your club is lying, take your pick.

Now senior coach, name him... If he did, then for sure that does nothing for the club and is a low act. But I've similar and worse around every ground I've played at this year. It is a sad state of affairs, but no team is angellic, and I'll be the first to admit we are working on things, but still have a long way to go.

As a senior... Why were you at the 18's carnival? Last year? Or this year?

HANG ON. I remember your mob forfeited because someone at the club commited suicide and everybody needed time to mourn. Two faced cowardice. That Caloundra player said the same thing. Do you even play or are you a spectator? Either you're incredibly soft because you can't handle the consequences of your own racist remarks (in which case the fact that you call yourselves AFL players is incredibly soft and you should drink a tall glass of cement and harden the f$@% up) or you're a bold faced liar who doesn't play. What is your name? Or if you're too afraid to mention it on a public forum at least what was your number so I can verify if you are actually fair dinkum or not!

No. Never said it was. And I never said we'd made a breakthrough and that we were better neither. Just said we were working on it. Either way all of that combined STILL doesn't count for racism. And from what I can ascertain those boys in the ute play Seniors and just came down to watch and hurl abuse (some of which racist). Last time I checked that was still in the club. And you don't want to even acknowledge it.

Also why are you worried about my club? Last I checked we're not the ones on trial. And you STILL haven't proven anything that you knew what was going on or ANYTHING to clear your club's name. Hell nobody is even sure if you're an actual player!

HANG ON. I remember your mob forfeited because someone at the club commited suicide and everybody needed time to mourn. Two faced cowardice. That Caloundra player said the same thing. Do you even play or are you a spectator? Either you're incredibly soft because you can't handle the consequences of your own racist remarks (in which case the fact that you call yourselves AFL players is incredibly soft and you should drink a tall glass of cement and harden the f$@% up) or you're a bold faced liar who doesn't play. What is your name? Or if you're too afraid to mention it on a public forum at least what was your number so I can verify if you are actually fair dinkum or not!

No. Never said it was. And I never said we'd made a breakthrough and that we were better neither. Just said we were working on it. Either way all of that combined STILL doesn't count for racism. And from what I can ascertain those boys in the ute play Seniors and just came down to watch and hurl abuse (some of which racist). Last time I checked that was still in the club. And you don't want to even acknowledge it.

Also why are you worried about my club? Last I checked we're not the ones on trial. And you STILL haven't proven anything that you knew what was going on or ANYTHING to clear your club's name. Hell nobody is even sure if you're an actual player!

No that is not the reason we forfeited someone in our team had a relative who commited suicide during the same week and we were struggling to have enough numbers. All those things contributed to us forfeiting. Our players werent scared to face the consequences they were worried about playing that team with finals coming up..because if your club carried on like they did the previous time they met then there were sure to be serious injuries especially to the smaller player funnily enough.

And to the next thing...do i play? yeah i play 1's, my names Michael D'Arcy i wear no. 37 and wore no. 18 when we played you down there. I play in the ruck. Wanna know anything else?

You cant keep reverting back to the racism thing half the guys over there were mutli-coloured anyway. And they dont play seniors they were a year or two older then us and just friends of the players. So move on!

Since when are we on trial? to who? you and ya mate? I would barely call that "on trial" and why should we have to clear our name to you? the question is not who am I but who are you? you havent, how can i be sure that your an actual player. and what does it matter anyway im not sure.

By the way your quick too find all the flaws in the club but you are yet to acknowledge the things that I have written that are correct?

No that is not the reason we forfeited someone in our team had a relative who commited suicide during the same week and we were struggling to have enough numbers. All those things contributed to us forfeiting. Our players werent scared to face the consequences they were worried about playing that team with finals coming up..because if your club carried on like they did the previous time they met then there were sure to be serious injuries especially to the smaller player funnily enough.

Seriously that has to be the weakest excuse I've ever heard for forfeiting. Especially when said factors can be eliminated by control of your own behaviour.

And to the next thing...do i play? yeah i play 1's, my names Michael D'Arcy i wear no. 37 and wore no. 18 when we played you down there. I play in the ruck. Wanna know anything else?

Ah yes that ruckman, whenever attempted to trash talk was always put to shame. Mind you, I would be just plain rude not to mention how you play and that is very well. Good ruckman, got a few taps and great around the ground. However from memory you were one of those trying to antagonise our players. No wonder why you can't see fault in what you do, you might not even know you do it and if you do then, well, re:coward argument

You cant keep reverting back to the racism thing half the guys over there were mutli-coloured anyway. And they dont play seniors they were a year or two older then us and just friends of the players. So move on!

Er no they weren't. Not that day. Again though you can't know that without actually being there. Again basing a comeback based on what you heard instead of what you actually know. How can one move on when an argument has not been properly rebutted with fact, just opinion?

Since when are we on trial? to who? you and ya mate? I would barely call that "on trial" and why should we have to clear our name to you? the question is not who am I but who are you? you havent, how can i be sure that your an actual player. and what does it matter anyway im not sure.

Referring to the point that this thread isn't on Caboolture but one's opinions on the Sunshine Coast teams. I am an Under 18's and Reserves/Seniors player. I wear 24 in 18's, 35 in Ressies and the Seniors game I played you I was 22. My "mate" is my brother who was in the crowd that day and heard everything.

By the way your quick too find all the flaws in the club but you are yet to acknowledge the things that I have written that are correct?

That's because most of the time they are flat out false, it's you who refuse to acknowledge the rebuttal.

If u call that a poor excuse mate youve got to be kidding yourself. A family member of one of the players passed away during the week and some of our younger top up players were too afraid to play because of the incidents of the previous time we played, which i may add had absolutly nothing to do with the incident with the ppl on the ute. certain caboolture players were targetting younger, much smaller players some only 15 yrs old and by targetting i dont mean tackling hard i mean raising elbows, making threats etc. some of which occured before the 1st bounce. as for the incident with the boys on the ute i was right next to the incident, i was playing at full foward at the time down the end of the ute and i must say the boys were giving it to some of the caboolture players, but no more than what happens at any other game and at no stage did i hear any rascist remarks. And i can say for a fact that some of the ppl on the ute were multi-coloured.

If u call that a poor excuse mate youve got to be kidding yourself. A family member of one of the players passed away during the week and some of our younger top up players were too afraid to play because of the incidents of the previous time we played, which i may add had absolutly nothing to do with the incident with the ppl on the utecertain caboolture players were targetting younger, much smaller players some only 15 yrs old and by targetting i dont mean tackling hard i mean raising elbows, making threats etc. some of which occured before the 1st bounce.
as for the incident with the boys on the ute i was right next to the incident, i was playing at full foward at the time down the end of the ute and i must say the boys were giving it to some of the caboolture players, but no more than what happens at any other game and at no stage did i hear any rascist remarks. And i can say for a fact that some of the ppl on the ute were multi-coloured.

Yeah mate I too played at Full Forward that day and my brother was also around the ground hearing such comments. We know what we heard and saw. So do the players involved. It's damn insulting to think our players would just come out and snipe, and also insulting to dismiss any form of severe antagonism.

At the moment I don't care, neither of you have kept a straight story in responding to this, it's pathetic. First it was just because you were scared, then it's mixed in even though another Caloundra player only heard that it was because of the suicide and nothing else (which is highly understandable alone as a reason not to play and I send my condolences) but then you change your stories. Apparently some players weren't there, some were there, some can vouch the hotpies did play that day, others say he didn't. I'm not sure why I keep bothering with this. It's not worth the effort. You keep shooting yourselves in the foot and pretend as if you didn't. We know what we heard, we know what we saw and fact of the matter is you've done nothing to better my image on Caloundra (which again is the point of the thread...stick to it).

Caboolture may be quite bad, but Caloundra is far worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back