Super Blues Weekend - Friday 20 February from 4pm & Saturday 21 February from 9.45am

Remove this Banner Ad

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks zeeCFC, Nick Holman and Cameron Giles, once their're up and about will give us more options and flexibility to the young 2014 draftees.
We have'nt been in this postion for a long time.
Some quality kids happy to play a part and be committed to the Baggers resurgence.
One has to give to Mick he's slowly shaping a brighter future for Blues.

This happened quite a few times on Friday.

Cripps generally took the ball from stoppages quite cleanly.

When tackled he ignored the tackler and kept his eyes up and hands free - then found the best option with a hand pass.

Tacklers were barely able to knock him off balance let alone stop him disposing of the ball.
Spot on. :thumbsu:

Definitely in the mix for 5 or so games in my opinion. Will need a very good 2014 in the VFL to get amongst serious senior footy in 2016.
Hoping his 2014 is a really solid year for him.

Big Sim

Cancelled
Apr 12, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks all for the reports and evaluations, great reading, heartening stuff. Love this time of the year: undefeated, equal top of the ladder, the entire squad burning up the track and sure to have career best breakout years...

After last year I promised myself I would keep the lid on this preseason. Ha!

Muss1035

I've been completely absent from BF over the weekend.

Can someone tell me how Walsh did?

Doesn't look out of place but he's not fast across the ground nor particularly clean with disposal.

If he looked like a kid you'd excuse him without a second thought, but this guy looks as though he's been in the system for years already.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Doesn't look out of place but he's not fast across the ground nor particularly clean with disposal.

If he looked like a kid you'd excuse him without a second thought, but this guy looks as though he's been in the system for years already.
That first line is a bit of a concern. If you aren't quick, your disposal needs to be great.

Any chance he plays seniors this season?

That first line is a bit of a concern. If you aren't quick, your disposal needs to be great.

Any chance he plays seniors this season?

I hope not as other rookies in Wood, Sheehan, Byrne and Johnson should be well in front.

If Walsh was to play it may make for bad news on our injury front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
I like this new commitment to tackling but geez I hope the medical staff were able to extract his head. Maybe if Cripps opened his mouth a bit wider, there night at least be some light at the end of the tunnel.
Reports that Matthew Watson is really struggling to fit in with this tackling style gameplan.

BuxbaumBixby

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I've been completely absent from BF over the weekend.

Can someone tell me how Walsh did?

I thought he did OK. I watched him pretty closely in the first half and he has a knack for getting into the right places. His pace will be an issue but given the right match-up looks like the sort of guy that will easily accumulate possessions. Better by hand than by foot. Was slow to contests in the second half. Will need to work hard for 12 months and build a tank.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I thought he did OK. I watched him pretty closely in the first half and he has a knack for getting into the right places. His pace will be an issue but given the right match-up looks like the sort of guy that will easily accumulate possessions. Better by hand than by foot. Was slow to contests in the second half. Will need to work hard for 12 months and build a tank.
Good to hear, appreciate the report mate :thumbsu:

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
Brock MkII ?

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
I watched him pretty closely in the first half and he has a knack for getting into the right places. His pace will be an issue but given the right match-up looks like the sort of guy that will easily accumulate possessions. Better by hand than by foot. .

Sounds like a description of the reigning brownlow medallist

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
just saw minimal highlights from foxsports of the practice game, BB really needs to learn how to bounce the ball when running, all 3 were pretty shoddy, even sheehan's bounce back better than BB's
He needs to have football in hand all day long to get better at bouncing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back