Wii/U Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't planning on getting the 3DS version but $44 I couldn't help picking it up. Unfortunately I suck at Smash Bros.

Mario used to be awesome. Then they wrecked what made him great. So hard for me to do anything decent with him.

He's actually pretty good at working up basic damage on his opponents - but you have to do that, because he's not strong enough to KO his opponents on anything other than 100%+.

I cancelled my preorder at JB. 44 > $80
$80!? I have never heard of a $80 3DS game...

Anyhow...

It's great to have such a strong representation of Fire Emblem characters in this iteration. I find Robin's move set to be quite versatile, with magic mapped to the special moves, and the levin sword for ordinary attacks. Lucina's fate as a Marth clone is somewhat disappointing, although given the source material, it's probably appropriate. It wouldn't hurt to perhaps put some of the older characters out to pasture, especially when they're not frontline Nintendo franchises like Mario Bros and LoZ.

$80!? I have never heard of a $80 3DS game...

Anyhow...

It's great to have such a strong representation of Fire Emblem characters in this iteration. I find Robin's move set to be quite versatile, with magic mapped to the special moves, and the levin sword for ordinary attacks. Lucina's fate as a Marth clone is somewhat disappointing, although given the source material, it's probably appropriate. It wouldn't hurt to perhaps put some of the older characters out to pasture, especially when they're not frontline Nintendo franchises like Mario Bros and LoZ.
I would have preferred Chrom to Ike but I guess they didn't want three characters from the same game.

Jesus. I'm halfway through doing Classic mode with the roster. I learnt I am useless with Meta Knight.
Him too.

Kirby and Bowser wreck All-Star's s**t with their Down-B Stone/Ground Pound thanks to the opponents being on defensive handicaps. Should've finished Hard with them instead of trying 9 times with Marth. I managed to win but such anger ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rosalina is going to be right up there.

Really looking forward to seeing how tournaments shape up. I'm expecting a lot more counter picks and characters based on matchups instead of just a tier list.
Yeah I agree. All the characters seem to be too dimensional now to have a tier list. I'm best with Link, but Rosalina, Lucina (I'm bad with Marth), ZS Samus and Mega Man are all pretty fun to use for me at the moment.

this game owns!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marth is still my man but I haven't experimented much. Toon Link seems even weaker.

This game is fun but I hate how it's on the 3DS. Can't play more than an hour at a time. I will play the s**t out of the Wii U version with my GC controller - when's it coming to Australia?

Also, Little Mac is a f***ing beast and I can't wait to unlock Duck Hunt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back