Wii/U Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

Remove this Banner Ad

*Puts fingers in ears* La la la la la la

eh
As expected, boring roster is boring. Too many returners, not enough exciting newcomers.

Dark Pit- what a joke

Dr. Mario? **** me, can it get any dumber?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bleh. Hate leaks. Thankfully have avoided this one - thanks for using spoiler tags all.

Me too! Have now avoided Reddit as a result. Ninty did a great job hyping this game up with all the teasers only to have some guy from NOA ruin it for most people

I say good on him. Don't know how any of you can see the fun side of these teases; it's not a hugely anticipated event, it's just smash bros.

I say good on him. Don't know how any of you can see the fun side of these teases; it's not a hugely anticipated event, it's just smash bros.

I don't really mind either way with this game, but leaking stuff like this is always pretty low, companies target exact moments to release information to build up hype and maintain a presence in the media.

Some guy leaking it all at once ruins the plans Nintendo may have laid out.

Also, I still remember playing SSB on 64 and not using the internet a whole lot back then I was so excited when a character was unlocked and not knowing who it was, so it'd be nice to have that once again.

You say a lot of things.
that are right.
I don't really mind either way with this game, but leaking stuff like this is always pretty low, companies target exact moments to release information to build up hype and maintain a presence in the media.

Some guy leaking it all at once ruins the plans Nintendo may have laid out.

Also, I still remember playing SSB on 64 and not using the internet a whole lot back then I was so excited when a character was unlocked and not knowing who it was, so it'd be nice to have that once again.
Sure, but it could be interpreted as a blessing in disguise. Nintendo hasn't exactly been good at marketing over the last few years, so maybe they had it wrong with these slow paced, self-indulgent reveals.

On another note
Dr. Mario, far out. Give me one good reason for why he should be back in the game.

I'd say they've got it pretty right considering the hype I see on Reddit and various game sites after each reveal.

Nintendo need to give people a reason to buy their console considering the slow start it's had, constant reminders of games like SSB is a great way to motivate people to buy.

I'd say they've got it pretty right considering the hype I see on Reddit and various game sites after each reveal.

Nintendo need to give people a reason to buy their console considering the slow start it's had, constant reminders of games like SSB is a great way to motivate people to buy.
That's a fair argument, however given they did they exact same thing with Brawl which was on a console that sold enormous amounts early, I have a feeling they were just playing it safe & going with what worked before.

I'll sound like a broken record saying this, but a better way to give people a reason to buy the console would be to have a better roster. Why Charizard? Why not the 6th-gen fire pocket monster?

That's a fair argument, however given they did they exact same thing with Brawl which was on a console that sold enormous amounts early, I have a feeling they were just playing it safe & going with what worked before.

I'll sound like a broken record saying this, but a better way to give people a reason to buy the console would be to have a better roster. Why Charizard? Why not the 6th-gen fire pocket monster?
They mostly cater to Japanese audiences (obviously). Charizard's popularity has been rock solid since the start so it doesn't surprise me that he sticks around. The Japanese consumers were the only reason Jigglypuff got a gig.

The X/Y 'new' roster sucked balls anyways. I can't think of a decent fire Pokemon that isn't the starter equivalent.

I'm realising that I approached this game in entirely the wrong way. I should've waited for an annoucement, made the preorder as soon as possible and then ignored any and all spoilers. The game cover would've spoiled a ton but I would've done what I could.

tl;dr I'm an idiot.

Who would you like in the game that isn't involved? There' so many characters I'm not sure if I can think of anyone else I'd want. Moot point anyway, I think I know who I'll be using mostly now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back