Superbowl XLIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Always take the day off to watch the Superbowl, great event.

So far NE dominating the stats in all areas except for the scoreboard.

Don't care who wins.

Oh please please please please PLEASE fall off, Katy.

Ha !

Reminded me of this

FarSide-CatFud.gif

I think everyone watching this is as dumbfounded as the commentators. Seattle 4 points down with 20 seconds left. 1st down and goal with about 8 to go. Lynch runs to 1/2. He has shown himself nearly unstoppable and there are 3 opportunities to get that 1/2m. Seattle THROW the ball which is intercepted.

Nice little potential omen, the last time the Pats won the Superbowl was in 2004 which was also the year we won the premiership.

Also was interesting to see the Hawks going down, hopefully the Hawthorn Hawks premiership run comes to an end in a similar fashion.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone watching this is as dumbfounded as the commentators. Seattle 4 points down with 20 seconds left. 1st down and goal with about 8 to go. Lynch runs to 1/2. He has shown himself nearly unstoppable and there are 3 opportunities to get that 1/2m. Seattle THROW the ball which is intercepted.
All of the above.

All of the above.
The amount of knowledge I have of American football could be written on the back of a postage stamp but even I was shouting 'What!' when that ball was thrown. Malcolm Butler, the rookie who made the interception was interviewed. I would much sooner have heard an interview with Russel Wilson, Marshan Lynch or the coach of Seattle.

The amount of knowledge I have of American football could be written on the back of a postage stamp but even I was shouting 'What!' when that ball was thrown. Malcolm Butler, the rookie who made the interception was interviewed. I would much sooner have heard an interview with Russel Wilson, Marshan Lynch or the coach of Seattle.
they interviewed pete carroll (seattle head coach) after the game, tried to justify the decision by saying they were playing for third or fourth down and taking as much time off the clock. basically got too clever and stuffed up. amazing play by butler though, read it, stepped up and sent lockette flying...
not sure why belichick didnt call a timeout at the 55 second mark, horrible time management that turned out to be a blessing after the interception. had seattle scored that would be questioned as much as the shocking pass call.

they interviewed pete carroll (seattle head coach) after the game, tried to justify the decision by saying they were playing for third or fourth down and taking as much time off the clock. basically got too clever and stuffed up. amazing play by butler though, read it, stepped up and sent lockette flying...
not sure why belichick didnt call a timeout at the 55 second mark, horrible time management that turned out to be a blessing after the interception. had seattle scored that would be questioned as much as the shocking pass call.
Didn't watch it once they had got to presentations so I missed that bit. The patriots official website was updated with a bit about their disbelief at Carroll's decision. As to playing for third or fourth down, that sounds like a pretty poor attempt to explain it away. I can understand why they could be worried about the Pats winning in the last seconds, they've done it before. But they could have run to take time off the clock.

John McEnroe on the last few seconds of SuperBowl XLIX :

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!

Why can't Pete Carroll just say it was the wrong thing to do? The likely answer is that some Seattle fan would find a way to sue him for pain and suffering if he admitted liability for the loss. It is America, after all.

Last edited:
John McEnroe on the last few seconds of SuperBowl XLIX :

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!

Why can't Pete Carroll just say it was the wrong thing to do? The likely answer is that some Seattle fan would find a way to sue him for pain and suffering if he admitted liability for the loss. It is America, after all.

I am wondering if Bill Belichick will come out and say this move was wrong

BB_Daughter kiss.JPG

If he did though he would offend those from the deep south #cletus

Nice little potential omen, the last time the Pats won the Superbowl was in 2004 which was also the year we won the premiership.

Also was interesting to see the Hawks going down, hopefully the Hawthorn Hawks premiership run comes to an end in a similar fashion.
Nope that is wrong about the last super bowl the pats won. This super bowl was played in February 2015 but the records NFL records say they won the 2014 season super bowl.

The pats won their previous 3 super bowls in January 2002 first one after September 11, January 2004 and January 2005.

so if the omen was to hold we had to win the flag in September 2014

Did anyone notice Hutchy on the field lent over and touched the Vince Lombardi trophy as former St Lious Rams Super Bowl MVP quarterback Kurt Werner slowly walked the trophy to the stage??

I yelled Hutcy at the TV screen and then spent the next 2 hours wondering if he had a US look a like. Elbows on 5aa saw it as well, and said Hutchy tweeted about it from the field. I wonder how much he paid for the privledge.

Did anyone notice Hutchy on the field lent over and touched the Vince Lombardi trophy as former St Lious Rams Super Bowl MVP quarterback Kurt Werner slowly walked the trophy to the stage??

I yelled Hutcy at the TV screen and then spent the next 2 hours wondering if he had a US look a like. Elbows on 5aa saw it as well, and said Hutchy tweeted about it from the field. I wonder how much he paid for the privledge.
i think he does tours or something similar in the states, maybe it had something to do with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back