Superbowl XLIX

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
he is right among the players, got no idea how he pulled that off.

Aug 22, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did anyone notice Hutchy on the field lent over and touched the Vince Lombardi trophy as former St Lious Rams Super Bowl MVP quarterback Kurt Werner slowly walked the trophy to the stage??

I yelled Hutcy at the TV screen and then spent the next 2 hours wondering if he had a US look a like. Elbows on 5aa saw it as well, and said Hutchy tweeted about it from the field. I wonder how much he paid for the privledge.
Yeah my mate on Facebook posted a snippet of footage with him walking around looking like a clueless Aussie tourist nuff nuff, he gets around for a journo & loves getting to Superbowls don't think he's missed one in a while.

he is right among the players, got no idea how he pulled that off.

The yanks sell everything so I wouldnt be surprised if he paid somewhere between $20k and $50k for the right to do it. Or his Croc media accrediation got him on. He goes to the US a lot with his media company and gets bloody good access to officials of both NFL and teams and with big sponsors and US sports media.

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
The yanks sell everything so I wouldnt be surprised if he paid somewhere between $20k and $50k for the right to do it. Or his Croc media accrediation got him on. He goes to the US a lot with his media company and gets bloody good access to officials of both NFL and teams and with big sponsors and US sports media.
There are a number of packages that you can buy through the NFL that allow you to get on the field after the game (amongst a number of other benefits).

The cheapest, ticket only, price that includes on field access, is around $US4.5K.

One of the best days of my life. I love the PAFC over all but that was the best game of anything I've been to bar none, even better than the 2004 prelim.
What about 2002 when Adam Vinatieri kicked the field goal to win with a minute to go and with his great kick in the snow and wind to win the AFC game??

Last edited:
What about 2002 when Adam Vinatieri kicked the field goal to win with a minute to go to go with his great kick in the snow and wind to win the AFC game??
I wasn't at that game and even if I was it wouldn't compare to Superbowl XLIX. One of the greatest Superbowls ever. Redemption.

I wasn't at that game and even if I was it wouldn't compare to Superbowl XLIX. One of the greatest Superbowls ever. Redemption.
So you were in Phoenix? How much did a ticket cost you? where/how/who did you purchase it from?

So you were in Phoenix? How much did a ticket cost you? where/how/who did you purchase it from?
Yeah I sure was. The ticket was 3k which I got right after the AFC championship game, the same seats were going for 11k the night before the game. I met PhoenixPower in Phoenix and we hung out/went in to the game together. It was a mind blowing experience.

Theres photos and video here

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/your-usa-nfl-trip-in-pictures.534162/page-18

Thanks for the link. some nice photos. I wondered if you caught up with PP.

Where did you buy your tickets from? my mate a few years ago got a call from his cousin in Pittsburgh to tell him he had a ticket for him for the Steelers AFC championship game in Pittsburgh. He jumped on a plane on the Tuesday. He tried to get a ticket for the Super bowl after they won but said he couldnt get one. If he did he had to work out whether he could stay in USA or come back 2 weeks later.

Last edited:
Back