Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

borrat

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
surely im not the only one already planning for next year??

brisbane might have a few good guys to pick from next year

luenberger will hopefully be pretty cheap although he might get a few games before the end of the season but hopefully wont score very well

really hoping sam docherty brisbanes 2nd 1st round pick doesnt play or doesnt score very well and is cheap and could be a really good 7th back option

luke hodge could be a really good option only played the 2 games although could be back before the end of the year like luenberger but like luenberger will hopefully not play or score very well

Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MUFC, Golden State Warriors
Was discussing this the other day. The Berger and Hodge if he was def-mid were the only two we could think of as well priced options at this stage. Was hoping for Mark Murphy to have a quiet return but he looks good. Hopefully he gets a very hard tag these next four weeks with Judd out and pumps out a few 70-90 scores.

Tom Rockliff as a mid-forward would be an instant lock with Buddy if they give him that. Bryce Gibbs will be looked at closely if he gets mid-def option. Most likely be saying goodbye to Deledio from the defence I am predicting if he is not positioned there anymore. Goddard will not be too badly priced even though he is not what he used to be.

Greg Broughton will be cheap and have a few of us tempted to take him off the "never again" list when Lyon plays him as a midfielder preseason then will use him as a regular sub just to troll us.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Brisbane - Leuenberger
Carlton - Walker & Yarran
Fremantle - maybe Mundy, Broughton is still averaging over 80 so would be around 400k
Hawthorn - Hodge
Melbourne - Sylvia especially if traded, Moloney
Port - Gray
St Kilda - Fisher
West Coast - Kennedy, Le Cras

The mid range picks will be needed as we won't be able to pick 7 or 8 GC/GWS rookies knowing that they will play like the last 2 years. It will be much harder to raise cash

Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Post above reminded me that we mentioned Yarran, Le Cras and Mundy. What about an untagged Travis Boak at Geelong? Probably not as he would most likely be available in the midfield only but he has knocked up some decent scores when he had more freedom in the past.

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
I heard Morabito has had more knee trouble. Should be cheap next year and if he is doing preseason could be good. Hard to predict prices next season. For all we know we might have 3 on the bench again with more byes. The only change i'd like to see is allowing us to have an EMG in each line. Maybe even have a partial lock out all weekend to allow for all these late changes. Just have a full lockout on friday for Captains and maybe trades. But allow us to put bench players in up until they have played.

What DPP changes do ppl think we will see? It would be good to see more R/F's With many teams playing two big men and having them FWD.

Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I heard Morabito has had more knee trouble. Should be cheap next year and if he is doing preseason could be good. Hard to predict prices next season. For all we know we might have 3 on the bench again with more byes. The only change i'd like to see is allowing us to have an EMG in each line. Maybe even have a partial lock out all weekend to allow for all these late changes. Just have a full lockout on friday for Captains and maybe trades. But allow us to put bench players in up until they have played.

What DPP changes do ppl think we will see? It would be good to see more R/F's With many teams playing two big men and having them FWD.

Very good point and would help massively with 6 byes likely next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

borrat

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
another one i forgot was travis varcoe who should hopefully be about 200k or cheaper

and also good that le cras wont be playing this year from a s/c point of view

dont think the pure guns and rookies will be much good next year

Crafted

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal

Dean Cox and maybe Paddy Ryder will be R/F's. Jack Watts F/D. Rockliff M/F. Gibbs D/M. Franklin M/F. Those are big ones I can see coming I think...

Dean Cox and maybe Paddy Ryder will be R/F's. Jack Watts F/D. Rockliff M/F. Gibbs D/M. Franklin M/F. Those are big ones I can see coming I think...

Agree on Gibbs, Cox and Ryder. Franklin will always be a forward, and I can't see Rocky being called a forward. I think CD might be more strict with their classifications of M/F. Beams, Sidebum, robinson, dangerfield will all lose their M/F eligibility I think.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Gumby if he is at a rookie price might be worth a gamble.

borrat

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
if there are going to be multiple bye rounds hopefully it will be better spread out and maybe even have a whole week off for the 2nd lot of byes

love_balls

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Stephen Curry
Deledio and Carazzo will lose their D/M. Heppell might regain it. Like someone else said most of the popular M/F will lose their DPP but hopefully Fyfe retains it as well. However if Fyfe was to be pure mid I think he'll be cheap enough. A lock for me.

I don't think Rockliff will be a M/F. Has played forward a bit more but I don't think CD want him to a M/F as he will be too popular.

I really want to see a R/M, although I understand that this would be hard to classify. Adds a new dynamic.

With the need for more mid pricers I'd take Luke Ball if he were able to do what Hayes has done this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back