Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
No Boyd? I like him and i had him in 2012, although he leaves me a bit nervous most of the time.

I'd love to put him in but he is starting to get on with age, if he blitzes the pre season though he might sneak in.

Conca Truck

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
My latest article for SuperCoach HQ

Normally the midfield isn't the place where you should be taking risks in your SuperCoach side.

But with the announcement of the rule changes for SuperCoach 2013, you will now be able to have eight scoring midfielders, up from six in previous years, which means you can now afford to take some risks and go for a unique player.

A lot of your opponents will go safe with Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Cotchin and Murphy in their midfield, but I will go through 15 players that I think that are worth having a punt on, to give you that point of difference compared to your opponents.

Uniques
Josh Kennedy

One of the SuperCoach stars this year averaging 120 points and finishing third in the competition for total SuperCoach points. Kennedy is a very underrated player and is ultra consistent, only dropping below 100 points on four occasions (97, 94, 90 and 84 which isn't too bad at all). I haven't heard many people talk about this guy, but he will be a great unique pick up. The only negative is, he will be pretty expensive due to his amazing 2012 season.

Brett Deledio
It seems that Deledio will lose his DPP status in 2013, meaning he can only be selected as a midfielder. Many people will be selecting his Tiger teammate in Trent Cotchin, but Deledio can be just as good and he would make a great point of difference. Deledio only dropped below 100 on 3 occasions (91, 91, 67), so is very consistent. He has averaged over 100 in the past five seasons, so he is a proven gun and a safe midfield option.

Matt Priddis
Priddis had another fine year in SuperCoach, averaging a solid 114 (if you take out his score of 24, which was injury affected). Priddis never seems to get a tag from the opposition and is a ball magnet. Not many of your opponents will go with Priddis and he is a slightly cheaper option, due to that score of 24 where he suffered concussion, so if I was looking for a unique option, Priddis would be the pick of the bunch, due to his price and scoring ability.

Andrew Swallow
The tackling machine averaged 109 SuperCoach points this season, which included seven scores of 120+, so he does have a huge scoring ceiling. I would expect Swallow to step it up again next season, in his second season as captain. The only knock on Swallow would be to add some consistency, as he had eight games this year where he scored under 100.

Kieren Jack
After a disappointing 2011, Jack bounced back this year with a very good season. He averaged 112 SuperCoach points for the year and did average a whopping 128 from rounds 8 to 21. If Jack can produce that form again next season, than I would definitely consider him as he will be a very unique pick.

Jack Redden
Redden had a solid year averaging 102 SuperCoach points, but capped it off with a great finish to the year averaging 116 from round 17 onwards. I would expect Redden to continue to improve with the addition of Moloney into the midfield and a fit and firing ruckmen, Matthew Leuneberger will be back from injury, which will give Redden first use of the ball and only increase his SuperCoach scores.

Brad Ebert
Ebert's move from West Coast to Port Adelaide saw him increase his SuperCoach average from 63 the year before to 100 this season, that's a whopping 37 point increase! Ebert had 11 scores over 100 this season and averaged 112 under care-taker coach Gary Hocking. Port Adelaide are on the rise, and so is Brad Ebert, so if you’re willing to take a risk, Ebert is your man.

David Mundy
Mundy was on fire in 2011 averaging 118 SuperCoach points, before breaking his leg. Mundy was still recovering from his leg early in 2012 and only had one score over 100 in his first 14 games of the season. Towards the end of the year Mundy looked like he was getting back to his best averaging 126 in the last three rounds and continuing that over into the finals, scoring over 100 in both of Fremantle's finals. Mundy is a great unique choice and will be fairly cheap, so I would defiantly consider him.

Break Out Contenders
Daniel Hannebery

Hannebery is a SuperCoach gun in the making and has averaged 83, 84 and 82 in the last three years and is very durable, missing only three games since 2010. Hannebery stepped up in the big games for the Swans this year, averaging 109 SuperCoach points in the finals. He does have a big ceiling with four scores over 120 (not including finals) but he definitely needs to add some consistency to his game. He had five scores under 50 which shows he can go missing in some games. But with another pre season under his belt, he should continue to improve in 2013 and add some consistency to his game.

Mitch Duncan
Showing lots of promise in 2012, Duncan has shown in patches he will be a great player in the future, with five big scores over 100. Duncan averaged 80 SuperCoach points for the year and finished the year off averaging 97 from the last three weeks. Duncan does need some improvement, as he had 12 games where he scored under 80. If Duncan can add some consistency to his game, he may be someone to consider as a break out year in 2013 is looming.

Mitch Wallis
Entering his third season in 2013, Wallis is a prime candidate for a break out season. He will play every game if fit in this young Bulldogs line up and has showed some good signs that he will be a great player. He averaged 87 SuperCoach points in 2012 and that included six scores over 100. Wallis is the future for the Doggies and will be a SuperCoach gun, but will 2013 be the year he has a break out season?

David Swallow
The number one draft pick from 2010, he is one of the most talented young players going around. Swallow's 2012 season was ruined with injury only playing the 12 games and averaging 78 SuperCoach points, but if you take out his two games where he was subbed out, he averages 86. If Swallow can stay fit next season, he is surely ready to explode and with the help of Gary Ablett in the Suns midfield, Swallow could take his game to the next level.

Claye Beams
In 2013, I am hopeful Beams can have a season like his brother Dayne did this year. Claye Beams only played the eight games in 2012 for a 66 point average, but when you take out his two sub affected games, it bumps his average up to 81. He also finished the season in fine form averaging 99 SuperCoach points from his last three games.

Value for Money
Brent Moloney

It was a disastrous year for Moloney in 2012. He averaged a disappointing 67 SuperCoach points, after 99 in 2011. But a change of clubs to Brisbane in the Free Agency period and all of a sudden it makes Moloney a SuperCoach option again. A new environment will benefit Moloney and he won't have trouble getting games. Moloney will be a good option, because he has shown he is a proven scorer and will be cheap!

Luke Ball
Ball missed most of 2012, with a horrific knee injury, in which he sustained in round 3. Ball is reportedly making good progress from his injury and will be fit and firing in 2013. Ball is a proven scorer in the past and he is cheap due to him only playing the three games. Watch how he goes over the pre season and definitely consider him as he should be able to raise his average back up into the 90's.

http://www.supercoachhq.com/16/post/2012/11/a-new-approach-to-the-midfield.html

Jul 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Could be the year for filling the side with premium fwd, def and rucks from the start and going for a complete rookie midfield. That's where the biggest cash cows will no doubt be, especially with the increased mid. Might just test that theory this year and see where I end up.

Impromptu - Your 8 rookie mids is looking so 2010 now mate! Gunna have to roll with the TEN rookie midfield!

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
Impromptu - Your 8 rookie mids is looking so 2010 now mate! Gunna have to roll with the TEN rookie midfield!
Why not take it one step further and start with a 30-rookie team? Put the balls on the line and use those extra trades and banked ~$7mil to have a fully upgraded side by the end of round 14, assuming no injuries etc :) (and some serious plumetting of premo prices/rookie price increases)

Personally I look forward to bringing in Tippett in the second half of the year after the round 12 bye for $150k with the remaining $160k to be paid outside the cap, but keep that hush hush

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
My latest article for SuperCoach HQ

Normally the midfield isn't the place where you should be taking risks in your SuperCoach side.

But with the announcement of the rule changes for SuperCoach 2013, you will now be able to have eight scoring midfielders, up from six in previous years, which means you can now afford to take some risks and go for a unique player.

A lot of your opponents will go safe with Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Cotchin and Murphy in their midfield, but I will go through 15 players that I think that are worth having a punt on, to give you that point of difference compared to your opponents.

Uniques
Josh Kennedy
One of the SuperCoach stars this year averaging 120 points and finishing third in the competition for total SuperCoach points. Kennedy is a very underrated player and is ultra consistent, only dropping below 100 points on four occasions (97, 94, 90 and 84 which isn't too bad at all). I haven't heard many people talk about this guy, but he will be a great unique pick up. The only negative is, he will be pretty expensive due to his amazing 2012 season.

Brett Deledio
It seems that Deledio will lose his DPP status in 2013, meaning he can only be selected as a midfielder. Many people will be selecting his Tiger teammate in Trent Cotchin, but Deledio can be just as good and he would make a great point of difference. Deledio only dropped below 100 on 3 occasions (91, 91, 67), so is very consistent. He has averaged over 100 in the past five seasons, so he is a proven gun and a safe midfield option.

Matt Priddis
Priddis had another fine year in SuperCoach, averaging a solid 114 (if you take out his score of 24, which was injury affected). Priddis never seems to get a tag from the opposition and is a ball magnet. Not many of your opponents will go with Priddis and he is a slightly cheaper option, due to that score of 24 where he suffered concussion, so if I was looking for a unique option, Priddis would be the pick of the bunch, due to his price and scoring ability.

Andrew Swallow
The tackling machine averaged 109 SuperCoach points this season, which included seven scores of 120+, so he does have a huge scoring ceiling. I would expect Swallow to step it up again next season, in his second season as captain. The only knock on Swallow would be to add some consistency, as he had eight games this year where he scored under 100.

Kieren Jack
After a disappointing 2011, Jack bounced back this year with a very good season. He averaged 112 SuperCoach points for the year and did average a whopping 128 from rounds 8 to 21. If Jack can produce that form again next season, than I would definitely consider him as he will be a very unique pick.

Jack Redden
Redden had a solid year averaging 102 SuperCoach points, but capped it off with a great finish to the year averaging 116 from round 17 onwards. I would expect Redden to continue to improve with the addition of Moloney into the midfield and a fit and firing ruckmen, Matthew Leuneberger will be back from injury, which will give Redden first use of the ball and only increase his SuperCoach scores.

Brad Ebert
Ebert's move from West Coast to Port Adelaide saw him increase his SuperCoach average from 63 the year before to 100 this season, that's a whopping 37 point increase! Ebert had 11 scores over 100 this season and averaged 112 under care-taker coach Gary Hocking. Port Adelaide are on the rise, and so is Brad Ebert, so if you’re willing to take a risk, Ebert is your man.

David Mundy
Mundy was on fire in 2011 averaging 118 SuperCoach points, before breaking his leg. Mundy was still recovering from his leg early in 2012 and only had one score over 100 in his first 14 games of the season. Towards the end of the year Mundy looked like he was getting back to his best averaging 126 in the last three rounds and continuing that over into the finals, scoring over 100 in both of Fremantle's finals. Mundy is a great unique choice and will be fairly cheap, so I would defiantly consider him.

Break Out Contenders
Daniel Hannebery
Hannebery is a SuperCoach gun in the making and has averaged 83, 84 and 82 in the last three years and is very durable, missing only three games since 2010. Hannebery stepped up in the big games for the Swans this year, averaging 109 SuperCoach points in the finals. He does have a big ceiling with four scores over 120 (not including finals) but he definitely needs to add some consistency to his game. He had five scores under 50 which shows he can go missing in some games. But with another pre season under his belt, he should continue to improve in 2013 and add some consistency to his game.

Mitch Duncan
Showing lots of promise in 2012, Duncan has shown in patches he will be a great player in the future, with five big scores over 100. Duncan averaged 80 SuperCoach points for the year and finished the year off averaging 97 from the last three weeks. Duncan does need some improvement, as he had 12 games where he scored under 80. If Duncan can add some consistency to his game, he may be someone to consider as a break out year in 2013 is looming.

Mitch Wallis
Entering his third season in 2013, Wallis is a prime candidate for a break out season. He will play every game if fit in this young Bulldogs line up and has showed some good signs that he will be a great player. He averaged 87 SuperCoach points in 2012 and that included six scores over 100. Wallis is the future for the Doggies and will be a SuperCoach gun, but will 2013 be the year he has a break out season?

David Swallow
The number one draft pick from 2010, he is one of the most talented young players going around. Swallow's 2012 season was ruined with injury only playing the 12 games and averaging 78 SuperCoach points, but if you take out his two games where he was subbed out, he averages 86. If Swallow can stay fit next season, he is surely ready to explode and with the help of Gary Ablett in the Suns midfield, Swallow could take his game to the next level.

Claye Beams
In 2013, I am hopeful Beams can have a season like his brother Dayne did this year. Claye Beams only played the eight games in 2012 for a 66 point average, but when you take out his two sub affected games, it bumps his average up to 81. He also finished the season in fine form averaging 99 SuperCoach points from his last three games.

Value for Money
Brent Moloney
It was a disastrous year for Moloney in 2012. He averaged a disappointing 67 SuperCoach points, after 99 in 2011. But a change of clubs to Brisbane in the Free Agency period and all of a sudden it makes Moloney a SuperCoach option again. A new environment will benefit Moloney and he won't have trouble getting games. Moloney will be a good option, because he has shown he is a proven scorer and will be cheap!

Luke Ball
Ball missed most of 2012, with a horrific knee injury, in which he sustained in round 3. Ball is reportedly making good progress from his injury and will be fit and firing in 2013. Ball is a proven scorer in the past and he is cheap due to him only playing the three games. Watch how he goes over the pre season and definitely consider him as he should be able to raise his average back up into the 90's.

http://www.supercoachhq.com/16/post/2012/11/a-new-approach-to-the-midfield.html

Swallow really interest me, think he can average 100+. Want to put him in but with Ablett and Jaeger I don't want three GC mids.

Keep Mundy a secret ;)

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Why not take it one step further and start with a 30-rookie team? Put the balls on the line and use those extra trades and banked ~$7mil to have a fully upgraded side by the end of round 14, assuming no injuries etc :) (and some serious plumetting of premo prices/rookie price increases)

Personally I look forward to bringing in Tippett in the second half of the year after the round 12 bye for $150k with the remaining $160k to be paid outside the cap, but keep that hush hush[/quote]

Your not Jeffrey are you?

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
could not wait, hows it look?

Rookies will cost more than what is stated imo but hey its what we got atm

Goddard, H SHaw, Waters, Grimes, heppell, Docherty, Telrich, Vlastuin

Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, N Jones, Fyfe, Crouch, Viney, O'meara, Lonergan, Kavanagh

Goldstein, Leunberger, Witts, Grundy

J Kennedy, Rockliff, Darling, Sylvia, Thomas, Stringer, Menzel, K Lucas

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
could not wait, hows it look?

Rookies will cost more than what is stated imo but hey its what we got atm

Goddard, H SHaw, Waters, Grimes, heppell, Docherty, Telrich, Vlastuin

Swan, Pendlebury, Murphy, N Jones, Fyfe, Crouch, Viney, O'meara, Lonergan, Kavanagh

Goldstein, Leunberger, Witts, Grundy

J Kennedy, Rockliff, Darling, Sylvia, Thomas, Stringer, Menzel, K Lucas

I wouldn't pick Stringer, can't see him playing more than 10 games. Here is what I've got so far..

Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Duffield, Atley, Vlastain, Pittard, Doherty

Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, Mundy, Hannerbry, Crouch, Omeara, Wines, Hrovat, Viney

NicNat, Luey, Grundy, Nicholls

Buddy, Rockliff, Bartel, Thomas, LeCras, Menzel, Staker, Lee

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I wouldn't pick Stringer, can't see him playing more than 10 games. Here is what I've got so far..

Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Duffield, Atley, Vlastain, Pittard, Doherty

Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, Mundy, Hannerbry, Crouch, Omeara, Wines, Hrovat, Viney

NicNat, Luey, Grundy, Nicholls

Buddy, Rockliff, Bartel, Thomas, LeCras, Menzel, Staker, Lee

Really thought he was ready made and had been reported to have made a good impression/body of a 25yo ect?

Is obviously early and rookies will change heaps is just a bit of fun to get me through the day atm haha

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Really thought he was ready made and had been reported to have made a good impression/body of a 25yo ect?

Is obviously early and rookies will change heaps is just a bit of fun to get me through the day atm haha

It's all about his leg being right. It's not like we're in a huge rush to get him on the field. Only bulldog rookie I would pick Hrovat as he should play 20+ games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 4, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets
It's all about his leg being right. It's not like we're in a huge rush to get him on the field. Only bulldog rookie I would pick Hrovat as he should play 20+ games.
Just like C.Smith? lol

Bulldogs have Cross, Boyd, Griffen, Libba, Wallis, Stevens, A new Cooney, Lower, Prismall and Smith before you think about the new draftees. I think there is a huge rest, sub risk.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Just like C.Smith? lol

Bulldogs have Cross, Boyd, Griffen, Libba, Wallis, Stevens, A new Cooney, Lower, Prismall and Smith before you think about the new draftees. I think there is a huge rest, sub risk.

Hrovat will play before Prismall and Lower. He will 100% play games, maybe more a a forward but he will play.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
What about Lachie Hunter? He could plau up forward too?

Not ready for AFL yet, can't see him playing more than 10 games. If he does get in the team I'd expect him to average 60 odd.

From the bulldogs I'd say the only relevant supercoach players are Boyd, Griffen, Wallis, Libba, Hrovat and maybe Howard. Not alot of value for us.

I'd back Wallis and Libba to have their standard 'third year break outs' and average 95+.

Conca Truck

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Not ready for AFL yet, can't see him playing more than 10 games. If he does get in the team I'd expect him to average 60 odd.

From the bulldogs I'd say the only relevant supercoach players are Boyd, Griffen, Wallis, Libba, Hrovat and maybe Howard. Not alot of value for us.

I'd back Wallis and Libba to have their standard 'third year break outs' and average 95+.
Yeah agree with you there.
What about Koby Stevens and Jackson Macrae?

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yeah agree with you there.
What about Koby Stevens and Jackson Macrae?

Macrae no chance, will play the year in the vfl. Built like a stick.

Stevens should play every game, but mainly off a flank. Could be good value. Would go Wines, Crouch, Viney etc over him though.

Rolling with this for the moment, will change when I bother accounting for byes etc. (also haven't used fan planner, so the cap will probably be an issue)

Goddard, heppell, Gibbs, Birchall, Broughton, Docherty (Terlich, Clurey)

Watson, Cotchin, Ablett, Mundy, Wines, o'meara, Viney, Vlastuin (Hrovat, Mayes)

Luenberger, Naitanui (Grundy, McBean)

Franklin, Rockliff, Thomas, Ryder, lecras, lee (stringer, Kennedy)

Notes.
I think lake will allow either Birchall and suckling to venture further up the ground, but Birchall has been good to me recently so he gets the nod.
Broughton will probably burn everyone again, but I think with 30 trades you can afford to risk it.
McBean probably won't play next year, but I like the versatility that 3 R/F's gives me.
Differing reports on stringer, but for now I go with him until I get proof he's not good to go.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I'm I the only person getting all over Duffield? Look at his last 8 or so rounds last year. Plus Broughton, Roberton, Lower all leaving mean he is easily best 22.

liam_13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good too see this page has shown I'm not the only one starting early.

I was pretty bored, and I understand the prices are probably different, but this was my first effort on fanplanner

liam Fanplanner squad in the Super Coach competition coached by liam. Salary cap left: $5,400.

Bryce Gibbs, Hamish Hartlett, Jack Grimes, Dyson Heppell, Sam Docherty, Jackson Thurlow
Jasper Pittard, Brent Staker

Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Trent Cotchin, Marc Murphy, Luke Shuey, Luke Ball, Koby Stevens, Jaeger O'Meara
Nathan Hrovat, Jack Viney

Dean Cox, Matthew Leuenberger
Daniel Currie, Brodie Grundy

Lance Franklin, Tom Rockliff, Dale Thomas, Jonathon Brown, Mark LeCras, Travis Varcoe
Daniel Menzel, George Horlin-Smith

liam_13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Koby Stevens surely will get a gig?

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Koby Stevens surely will get a gig?

I think Toumpas, Viney, Couch, Omeara, Hrovat are all better options. He will get games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back