Geelong
makes cox even more attractive

18009491.jpg

Firesnake

Draftee
Feb 2, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tell me what you think of this team. I still can't decide whether I go Selwood + Varcoe + Rookie ....vs... Mundy + Watts + Rookie. I just don't think varcoe will score that highly coming back from injury, even though Selwood is likely to...any thoughts?

TEAM NAME: Dan's Drongos
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, G. Broughton, L. Osborne, B. Goodes, J. Pittard (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, L. Ball, O. Wines, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, S. Rowe)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Rockliff, S. Johnson, D. Martin, T. Varcoe, B. Macaffer (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $24,200

This team seems like a great scoring team,...Only issue is, you have no DPP in the Midfield....they are all locked. Do you see this becoming a problem through the season, not being able to move them around?

This team seems like a great scoring team,...Only issue is, you have no DPP in the Midfield....they are all locked. Do you see this becoming a problem through the season, not being able to move them around?

why do u think dpp is important - many varied views going around but with only 18 playing in a bye week it has become less important IMHO, but interested in your view

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
DPP is nice when it fits in with your plans, but should be limited to rookies or players you would have picked in your team regardless of DPP. Plonking a DPP in your midfield could be at the expense of a 110-120 points per game player. Not worth it.

In regards to DPP, I agree with 1989. However, if you've got similar players & you project only a 10 point diff, then it's worth considering.

The other thing is in years gone by we have 2 mid emergencies for 6 players. This year it's 8, might that make a difference?

It probably will to me as i play cash leagues & generally go one mid premo short, so if after the NAB there is a fwd or back mid that looks like he'll average ok, a little less perhaps, i'll take him.

fishtopher

Senior List
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I totally agree that the quality of your team should come well ahead of thinking about DPPs but if it's a line ball decision then the DPP option has a lot of things going for it.

First off it can give you more depth to cover players that are out. Eg. Say you have four rookies in your backline, say Docherty, Terlich, Stevenson & Goodes (M/F) but only Terlich is getting a gig, but you also have Valstuin playing but sitting on your bench in the mids. Switch Goodes and Valstuin and you are covered.

They can also come in really handing when trading. At this stage I have Staker in my forward line (regardless of whether or not I go with Broughton in the backs). This gives me an extra option with trading. Obviously I can do a straight upgrade or downgrade with him in the forward line, but where it gives you more flexibility is if you can use him in conjunction with your backline for a trade. Say Docherty gets to the milking stage and there are no decent backline rookies coming through but there is a gun forward rookie about to hit the bubble. I can milk Docherty, move Staker into the backline and pick up the forward rookie.

I used it a lot last year and not just through the MBRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back