SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your midfield. I'm starting to warm to the 3 rookie back line aswell so I can't really fault that. I'm not sold on your forward line though, several iffy picks there for mine but if they pay off you'll be in an awesome position. Good luck
Thanks.
I have gone that way with the forwards because the premos do not really appeal to me.
I think Buddy will drop in price after the start of the season.

Thanks for the helpful feedback.
Here is second version:

DEF: Houli, Yeo, B Smith, Byrne, Wagner, M Brown (M. Hartley, Bonner)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Sloane, Rockliff, Wines, Libba, Francis (Jansen, Petracca, Polkinghorne)
RUCK: Martin, Blicavs (Grimley)
FWD: Martin, Barlow, Bird, Simpkin, Kennedy, Cockatoo (Kerridge, Kommer)
DEF and FWD lines look too light on paper. Would be the concern. May need to downgrade either Sloane or Wines and spread the freed up ammo.

Stacked MID looks awesome, but throws balance out of whack.

I know, something has gotta give to have 2 keeper rucks...

bastinac was in and out of our team last few years. imo Brisbane have a better midfield than we do.
id be very surprised if hes a 1st team regular. ordinary player.
my 2c

I agree. Brisbanes midfield if all up and running would be in the top half dozen in the league.

Bastinac fills an area of need for the Lions though, whereas he was one of many similarly skilled mids at North which pushed him out of that preferred role. I'll probably show up my semi-ignorance of NM's midfield stocks, but IIRC the likes of Ziebell, Swallow and Cunnington were all better extractors and general mids than Bastinac.

If he's still an effective in and under player he should walk straight in to the Lions team, as while Brisbane has players who are good at that they're actually far more effective spreading the ball (Beams, Rocky). The types of players who you'd think would be playing that role are historically indifferent at it at best (Redden although now gone, Robinson) or still developing (Robertson). Brisbane went out and targeted Bastinac, Jansen and to some extent Mathieson for a reason.

Bastinac fills an area of need for the Lions though, whereas he was one of many similarly skilled mids at North which pushed him out of that preferred role. I'll probably show up my semi-ignorance of NM's midfield stocks, but IIRC the likes of Ziebell, Swallow and Cunnington were all better extractors and general mids than Bastinac.

If he's still an effective in and under player he should walk straight in to the Lions team, as while Brisbane has players who are good at that they're actually far more effective spreading the ball (Beams, Rocky). The types of players who you'd think would be playing that role are historically indifferent at it at best (Redden although now gone, Robinson) or still developing (Robertson). Brisbane went out and targeted Bastinac, Jansen and to some extent Mathieson for a reason.
norths midfield for a few years now has been 1 dimensional imo. we lack outside speed/DE. But retain good-great inside mids.
With dal santo\wells getting injured last year it meant a larger role on the outside for higgins/boomer. Bastinac is a far better outside mid than inside. I was expecting much greater things from him. But a bloke my nan went to school with has out performed him.
I wish the bloke well. he did seem to always give his all. I just dont think he will be anything more than a depth player to the lions.

But the majority of these 'taker' type (this is my team what do you think?) new posters who only post their own teams and contribute nothing else don't come back more often than not, even when people are nice to them and help them with their team. And those that do come back don't do so until this time of the pre-season to post their new team, with nothing in between. The last 2 weeks before Rd1 is generally the worst, as every lurker and his lurking dog starts spamming this thread with their teams, frantically looking for a leg up on their SC league competition. Those last few weeks is generally when I take my annual leave from this forum topic, as you have to scroll through pages of n00b teams before seeing teams of regular posters who's teams I actually do want to see and discuss because are more often than not, they're in the same leagues as I'm in.

Having said that, I do comment on around 5% of new posters teams, the ones I see actually getting involved in the forum and at least give off the vibe that they're here not just to pick other peoples brains for their own team.

I wont flame rookies, especially people new to the forum with less than 100 posts but anyone who has 2000+ posts and comes to the SC forum without contributing is pretty sad. Rookie coach or not.

I'm back at work next week, ******* yay. Those last 2 weeks is when I do my final reseasrch on the players in my current team. Injuries, NAB scores and DE's. Roles they played. BE's and who they line up on in the first 6-8 rounds and my bye structure.

People just want validation. There's no point trying to look for the next 200k priced GAJ a week before round 1 on a forum full of newbies.
Anyone who's serious would be well past that by now. My team is 99% locked, minus rookies of course.

Maybe if rookies * with my structure I'll come in here and vent like Thomas pulling s**t up hill on a Monday.

Supercoach goss from today's intra club matches:

Collingwood:
- Adam Treloar
absolutely smashed it.
- Tom Langdon a standout down back.
- Draftee Tom Phillips looks to have adapted to the pace of AFL standard footy.

Richmond:
- Draftee Defender Nathan Broad doing extremely well on Jack Reiwaldt.
- Draftee Oleg Markov continuously intercepting reading the play well.
- John Ralph's best included Dusty, Rance & Conca

Essendon:
- Draftee Darcy Parish looks at home.
- Shaun Mckernan played well in the ruck.
- Zaharakis, Baguely, Goddard, Gwilt & Crowley named as their best.

Will post more later tonight as there's another 3 or 4 teams going at it as we speak!

Sounds like Crowley won't be used solely as a tagger. Could be an interesting choice, but I think there are better options in the mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supercoach goss from today's intra club matches:

Collingwood:
- Adam Treloar
absolutely smashed it.
- Tom Langdon a standout down back.
- Draftee Tom Phillips looks to have adapted to the pace of AFL standard footy.

Richmond:
- Draftee Defender Nathan Broad doing extremely well on Jack Reiwaldt.
- Draftee Oleg Markov continuously intercepting reading the play well.
- John Ralph's best included Dusty, Rance & Conca

Essendon:
- Draftee Darcy Parish looks at home.
- Shaun Mckernan played well in the ruck.
- Zaharakis, Baguely, Goddard, Gwilt & Crowley named as their best.

Will post more later tonight as there's another 3 or 4 teams going at it as we speak!
Parish, Hopper or Mills is going to Be the death of me

love this time of year!! thoughts on the first edition?

Attachments

• team 2016 v1.JPG
    team 2016 v1.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 5
what is the latest obsession with Rampe. Don't like the dahl pick, won't see much midfield imo.

Had Dahl last year and he didn't dissapoint. You might be right though, with libba back perhaps he'll have less midfield time.

Rampe averaged 90 odd for the last 7-8 games of last season after he was free'd up abit. Could have a breakout season.

87eaa27e1dd7be34844acb057c353238.png

Thoughts guys?
Heard Parish did well at the intra today, same with Eades and Tipungwuti.
I know it early, but anymore word on who else did well today?
have 60k left

Thoughts on team as it stands at moment?

- Whoever goes best in NAB out of Salem, Thurlow & Z. Williams will be D4.
- No Pendles I know I'm sorry :(
- If Fyfe dominates NAB I'll need to find a way to get him in...
- Whoever does better out of Simpkin/Parish in NAB gets M6.
- Gawn my POD R2 at moment I like!
- Trusting people saying Barlow will be back to 100+ consistently my F3.
- Picking Stringer to have a Supercoach breakout year my F4 POD.
- Whoever has better NAB out of Anderson/Duggan will be my F5.
- #GetOnTheCock
- $20K left.

SC 2016.jpg

Thoughts on team as it stands at moment?

- Whoever goes best in NAB out of Salem, Thurlow & Z. Williams will be D4.
- No Pendles I know I'm sorry :(
- If Fyfe dominates NAB I'll need to find a way to get him in...
- Whoever does better out of Simpkin/Parish in NAB gets M6.
- Gawn my POD R2 at moment I like!
- Trusting people saying Barlow will be back to 100+ consistently my F3.
- Picking Stringer to have a Supercoach breakout year my F4 POD.
- Whoever has better NAB out of Anderson/Duggan will be my F5.
- #GetOnTheCock
- $20K left.

View attachment 214849

I actually don't mind this

1 less premo in mids as some have, but your Defs, Rucks and forward lines are all pretty solid.

love the POD picks in your D4 and F4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back