Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

His disposal efficiency is an issue and that will impact his SC scoring potential, he is going to get a lot of time in the middle and a lot of contested ball which is good for points but unless he fixes up his disposal he will make a lot of clangers. On the plus side he is priced at 72 which he will easily have covered. If he can cut out a couple a clangers each game and get his disposal efficiency up 5-10% I think he can seriously average 105-110. But that looks to be atleast another preseason away now, I'd expect 90-95 from him and take any more than that as a bonus. I'm trying to get him in but he doesn't really fit in with my structure

Do you think Nic Nat is fully fit and could play a full season this year? It's harder to pick him with no ruck cover
Thanks for the reply on Adams. Food for thought. He will be picked if some of the debutaunts end up as subs.

Re Nic Nat. No-one knows really, our board is confused as hell. Has been reported he has had a first full preseason. Then rumors of hip/back problems surfaced. Then he only plays the last of the Nab and only a bit in the centre? Its all confusing so I cannot give you a clear answer.
Personally, I think the club is being extremely cautions with him and keeping their cards close to their chests. I really reckon he is actually good to go and the club are playing funny buggers. having said all that? I took him out of my side when he didn't front up in the second Nab.
Sorry, not much of an answer but as I said, the waters are very muddied. Too hard basket.

Thanks for the reply on Adams. Food for thought. He will be picked if some of the debutaunts end up as subs.

Re Nic Nat. No-one knows really, our board is confused as hell. Has been reported he has had a first full preseason. Then rumors of hip/back problems surfaced. Then he only plays the last of the Nab and only a bit in the centre? Its all confusing so I cannot give you a clear answer.
Personally, I think the club is being extremely cautions with him and keeping their cards close to their chests. I really reckon he is actually good to go and the club are playing funny buggers. having said all that? I took him out of my side when he didn't front up in the second Nab.
Sorry, not much of an answer but as I said, the waters are very muddied. Too hard basket.
Sorry to hijak this, see you're talking about Naitanui, but where would you see Sheed this year? And is young Cavka a chance to get games?

Sorry to hijak this, see you're talking about Naitanui, but where would you see Sheed this year? And is young Cavka a chance to get games?
No probs man. Cavka may get a couple of games at end of year when we miss the eight and we pump games into the kids. Sheed is best 22, he was literally my first picked this year. He will make around 200k hopefully, he is just a cash cow for me. Had a good preseason and showed a fair bit in the NAB
Tommy Lamb would also be a good prospect with Darling out. He should start on ground IMO. I don't have lamb but if he starts and another fwd rookie is sub, I'll be going all Sam Kekovic on his ass! :cool: (meaning I'll put him in!:D)

In terms of some of our players currently at a lower SC price point:

N. Brown / A. Oxley / B.Maynard / N. Freeman / P.Karnezis

which do people have in their team and why / why not?
I am looking at Oxley but don't know a lot about him, seems outside best 22? Is that correct?
Also Karny I have atm. Hopefully not sub. Brown will be a very good choice, solid 50 each week, perfect Job security too.

No probs man. Cavka may get a couple of games at end of year when we miss the eight and we pump games into the kids. Sheed is best 22, he was literally my first picked this year. He will make around 200k hopefully, he is just a cash cow for me. Had a good preseason and showed a fair bit in the NAB
Tommy Lamb would also be a good prospect with Darling out. He should start on ground IMO. I don't have lamb but if he starts and another fwd rookie is sub, I'll be going all Sam Kekovic on his ass! :cool: (meaning I'll put him in!:D)
Yeah, saw a bit of Lamb vs Freo. He looks a talented kid and not easily overawed, should have had two goals to his name, too, no way was that touched.
Have Sheed in, too, so your assessment was music to my ears :)

I am looking at Oxley but don't know a lot about him, seems outside best 22? Is that correct?
Also Karny I have atm. Hopefully not sub. Brown will be a very good choice, solid 50 each week, perfect Job security too.
ATM I have Brown, Karnezis and Freeman, but not sure if Karnezis will get a game, Freeman I'm a bit more confident on. On Oxley, am interested to see others' assessment as his preseason form was a real positive for me, but I'm also not sure whether that will get him a game early doors. Decisions, decisions

ATM I have Brown, Karnezis and Freeman, but not sure if Karnezis will get a game, Freeman I'm a bit more confident on. On Oxley, am interested to see others' assessment as his preseason form was a real positive for me, but I'm also not sure whether that will get him a game early doors. Decisions, decisions
Gee the Pie supporters are really 50/50 on Karnizis. Really really hard to see where he gets in. Last year he screwed us all over, false dawn this year? Will be interesting to see if he and Oxley get in. Oxley I'm keeping a close eye on.

Have a great day Gutsy! :thumbsu:

Gee the Pie supporters are really 50/50 on Karnizis. Really really hard to see where he gets in. Last year he screwed us all over, false dawn this year? Will be interesting to see if he and Oxley get in. Oxley I'm keeping a close eye on.

Have a great day Gutsy! :thumbsu:

I think most of us want him to get a game, because we have a habit of being too defensive with our small and medium forwards. This would signal a more adventurous game plan. He will get games. Job security is a worry.

I think most of us want him to get a game, because we have a habit of being too defensive with our small and medium forwards. This would signal a more adventurous game plan. He will get games. Job security is a worry.
All about performance isn't it. JS not a problem if I have cover..... and thats a big if :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys after some genuine thoughts on Swan. How's his preseason been, how much midfield time will he get, are his high scoring fantasy days done?

Really unsure on what to think of Dane, would love some thought and opinions on those that follow him the closest.

Hey guys after some genuine thoughts on Swan. How's his preseason been, how much midfield time will he get, are his high scoring fantasy days done?

Really unsure on what to think of Dane, would love some thought and opinions on those that follow him the closest.

His preseason was going fantastic, then he didn't do a great deal in the NAB. That said, anyone who has followed Dane's career closely will know he does what he needs to when it matters. When it does not....

He played through injury most of last year and his SC average went down by 31.1. That is too big a number for it to be a coincidence. Long story short, I think now that he is available as a forward, anyone who doesn't pick him should just give up now. Barring another season completely wrecked by injury, he will be a top 6 forward without a shadow of a doubt.

His preseason was going fantastic, then he didn't do a great deal in the NAB. That said, anyone who has followed Dane's career closely will know he does what he needs to when it matters. When it does not....

He played through injury most of last year and his SC average went down by 31.1. That is too big a number for it to be a coincidence. Long story short, I think now that he is available as a forward, anyone who doesn't pick him should just give up now. Barring another season completely wrecked by injury, he will be a top 6 forward without a shadow of a doubt.
Thanks for that mate, I had to trade around a few rookies last night which cost me a bit of extra coin. Poor old Swan was the man I had to let go.

It's really improved my bench and will help me on the way of making extra coin but I've got to way up if I can let my field suffer a bit because of it.

Whilst I've got you and are talking about rookies what is Oxley's job security like and I'll big Mason Cox get any games this season?

Thanks for that mate, I had to trade around a few rookies last night which cost me a bit of extra coin. Poor old Swan was the man I had to let go.

It's really improved my bench and will help me on the way of making extra coin but I've got to way up if I can let my field suffer a bit because of it.

Whilst I've got you and are talking about rookies what is Oxley's job security like and I'll big Mason Cox get any games this season?

You're welcome.

Oxley is likely to get a few games but has next to no job security. Our small to medium defensive positions are our most uncertain right now. He uses it well though and can take intercept marks so should score ok if he does establish a spot. I don't think he is a likely sub candidate either due to the role he plays, which is a bonus.

Cox is very unlikely to debut ealry season and probably won't play at all this year barring an injury catastrophe.

If you are playing SC, Swan is a necessity IMO. As a forward at 450K, you will regret not having him I reckon.

It won't shock me if Mason Cox plays a game or two over the year but he'd be lucky to play the third that would see his price increase so he ain't no cash cow that's for sure. Thing is, apart from your part-timers in White and Gault, he is all we have after Witts and Grundy. So you never know what might happen. I've got him at R3 mostly because of his price and DPP factor

If you are playing SC, Swan is a necessity IMO. As a forward at 450K, you will regret not having him I reckon.

It won't shock me if Mason Cox plays a game or two over the year but he'd be lucky to play the third that would see his price increase so he ain't no cash cow that's for sure. Thing is, apart from your part-timers in White and Gault, he is all we have after Witts and Grundy. So you never know what might happen. I've got him at R3 mostly because of his price and DPP factor
Why mate? Has he had a great preseason? Has he got over his hip operations well? Still not sold.

Sell him too me my friend! :)

No problem Tradespert . No, not at all. They play completely different roles.

Oxley is a medium defender and Thomas is a midfielder who has stints forward. If anything Thomas being suspended would make doubly certain that Adams is a lock and make it easier for Blair, Freeman and De Goey to get into the side. I had high hopes for JT this year. This is a real bombshell. Keefe I don't rate much but a long term suspension will hurt our depth.

G'day guys, can anyone please shed some light on freeman? Really though he would have been best 22 for you guys this year and with all that's been happening to your midfield with injuries and now possible suspensions I don't understand why he isn't a lock? Please help.

Why mate? Has he had a great preseason? Has he got over his hip operations well? Still not sold.

Sell him too me my friend! :)
I really don't think you can afford to leave Swan out. Whilst the rookies will get you cash, Swan will get you points.
Has played two great quarters, one in a NAB cup against WB when all players were down and one in an intraclub, showing just what he is capable of.
Will easily go up to the $600K mark. He is a real bargain and dual position.
Also given the loss of Beams and then Greenwood, may spend more time in the midfield than Buckley may have originally planned. BTW, he also can kick a couple of goals each game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back