Competitions SuperCoach & Dream Team questions

Remove this Banner Ad

What's going on with Swan? I've got him in RDT and I'm so tempted to abort mission ASAP but at the same time it is the great Dane we're talking about.

Good to know this thread exists, probably should have looked to it for some pointers before choosing my squads, going OK in the NAB, badly in SC

Took a punt on Sam 'the Road Runner' Blease, Ben Kennedy, Fasolo, and Tim Broomhead up forward in SC (Blease and Broomhead on the bench).

Not a great idea, funnily enough, to load up on blokes out injured / not selected and thus scoring zero points.

John Butcher and Sam Frost were the only blokes I could trade in and stick to my salary cap, they'd better get 30 possies and kick 6 each next week.

Hi, Pies. Any comment on Scott Pendlebury's condition? Should I leave him in my DT and fantasy? Already had to suffer the loss of Barlow and although Cunningham from Sydney(my reserve) is scoring well for a rookie it would mean a significant drop in my score if he's out.

Hi, Pies. Any comment on Scott Pendlebury's condition? Should I leave him in my DT and fantasy? Already had to suffer the loss of Barlow and although Cunningham from Sydney(my reserve) is scoring well for a rookie it would mean a significant drop in my score if he's out.

He's listed as a test. But maybe you need to read our Quantifying BS loading thread :(

Good to see Fasolo back (though Kennedy and others have also staked a claim), but will hold Nathan Buckley and his team personally responsible if he tears it up this weekend and racks up the points - traded him last weekend thinking he was still a bit off returning. We're not mind-readers, Bucks, lift! ;)

Have Cloke in my elite team

have persisted with him so far

is he going to reach his scores of +90 again? or is it time to jump off?

Jonts i worry that you'll be on a roller coaster ride with him this year - our structures currently are so unsettled due to Brown and Reid missing. I'd probably jump off - and i love the bloke!

Maybe get him back once he's so much value you cant ignore him?

Jonts i worry that you'll be on a roller coaster ride with him this year - our structures currently are so unsettled due to Brown and Reid missing. I'd probably jump off - and i love the bloke!

Maybe get him back once he's so much value you cant ignore him?
How far away are they?

Have Cloke in my elite team

have persisted with him so far

is he going to reach his scores of +90 again? or is it time to jump off?

I'd stick with Cloke in elite even if its just for the Richmond game as he has scored well against them in the past. He should adapt to the new interpretations soon too so he can even out the a scragging he's subjected to. Hold for a week then assess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams will take a couple of weeks to get a gig in the seniors

Who would you take first out of the sc draft pool seedsman or Williams?

Does Marley Williams come back into the teams squad now that he has avoided prison time?

If so how long before he can break into the seniors?

Who knows? The club has said he'll be back when he is mentally and physically ready. Most people seem to think that will be after the bye and a few games in the Magoos.

Just adding to Suns' post up there, with the impending returns of Seedsman and Williams, might be time to start to consider moving Langdon on?

Langdon is on the periphery and may lose his position. He has played some good footy but still needs to polish off his game. His position in the most shaky in the backline but I must say I like what he adds back there.

Williams will take a couple of weeks to get a gig in the seniors

Who would you take first out of the sc draft pool seedsman or Williams?

Much of a muchness. I think Williams is the better placed to take Langdons position in defense. But Seedsman will also be pushing for selection perhaps at the expense of someone like Young. I'm not up on who from those two has the better the SC averages in past seasons so can't really judge them on that.

Langdon is on the periphery and may lose his position. He has played some good footy but still needs to polish off his game. His position in the most shaky in the backline but I must say I like what he adds back there.
Off the back of a great ANZAC day game, and arguably a BOG performance against the Blues, do you still reckon he will be pushed out eventually?

Off the back of a great ANZAC day game, and arguably a BOG performance against the Blues, do you still reckon he will be pushed out eventually?

Nah no way. Not now. Not unless his form really drops off anyway. He has been quality for us this season and I think he has sewn up his position provided he keeps performing. I think you should expect some hiccups, quieter games, just due to his inexperience. I'm going early here but he looks like he will play a lot of footy for us for a long time.

Any update on Fasolo?

Will he be back next week?

Is he likely to switch positions with Williams and others performing in that sweeping role?

Thanks in advance.

Sam Dwyer - Is he best 22 or likely to be in and out through the year?

Asking for Ultimate Footy :)

He's a fringe player. I suspect he will be in an out of the side. However everyone said that at the end of last year and he pretty much stayed in for the rest of the season once in. But this year we have much more selection pressure.

G'day Pie land. Just a quick question regarding Jamie Elliott. His huge increase this year. Is that just natural development or is he playing a different role that is helping his scores? (Or is this just an abnormal purple patch) Tempted to bring him into my SC side as a POD. Only 3% of teams have him at the moment. Cheers.

G'day Pie land. Just a quick question regarding Jamie Elliott. His huge increase this year. Is that just natural development or is he playing a different role that is helping his scores? (Or is this just an abnormal purple patch) Tempted to bring him into my SC side as a POD. Only 3% of teams have him at the moment. Cheers.

He's playing the exact same role as last year. He is just killing it. Many Pies fans believe he is elite for his position just he hasn't been noticed yet. He is different in that he is a lead up small as opposed to your traditional crumbing forward pocket. Whether he can keep it up who knows, but he continues to prove everyone wrong.

He's playing the exact same role as last year. He is just killing it. Many Pies fans believe he is elite for his position just he hasn't been noticed yet. He is different in that he is a lead up small as opposed to your traditional crumbing forward pocket. Whether he can keep it up who knows, but he continues to prove everyone wrong.
Thanks for the reply Quicky . I remember at the start of last year on AFL 360 Gerard Whately singled out Elliott as a future star. Looks like he is starting to prove that correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back