Competitions SUPERCOACH/DREAMTEAM DISCUSSION THREAD 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought i'd get one of these happening as soon as possible for supporters to come in and ask SC/DT related questions about our players.

Just going through the SC team selector now and * me... picking a reasonable back 6 is a nightmare. Hurn and Waters are literally my only 2 locks, thankfully both are under priced.

Have a strong feeling everyone will be going with the same forward/ruck combo of Ryder & Lycett too.

Is Priddis good value? :p

* Seriously though, I've always though Hurn is just below premium in terms of total output however the captaincy will fit well. I'm keen to see if they release him forward of centre more..

Waters although cheap is very risky, I only allow myself 1 or 2 injury prone cheapies these days as I tend to burn too many trades otherwise.

Last edited:
Thought i'd get one of these happening as soon as possible for supporters to come in and ask SC/DT related questions about our players.

Just going through the SC team selector now and **** me... picking a reasonable back 6 is a nightmare. Hurn and Waters are literally my only 2 locks, thankfully both are under priced.

Have a strong feeling everyone will be going with the same forward/ruck combo of Ryder & Lycett too.
Ryder will be s**t as he only scores well as the only ruck or main ruck ! Lobbe is an average forward so he will ruck and Ryder will spend more time forward . It showed that when Ryder had to split the ruck with bellchambers his numbers dropped .

Yeah, Hurn simply doesn't get the ball enough to be considered a premium fantasy player. Waters is on for me, but i'll believe that one when i see it.

Fair point about Ryder, but you're missing the fact there is only 1 ruck bench now, making dual position coverage more important then ever, and Ryder and Lycett are pretty much the only 2 forward/ruck options to go with.

Probably better in the long run because they've added another midfield bench spot. That 4th ruck usually does * all during the season anyway TBH

I usually always roll with 3 rucks playing anyway (simmo yarrrrr!) it's served me well in the past so the ruck changes really won't have an effect on me.

Pridda is great, very consistent. Solid 95-110 a week.

Waters will be a lock for me, other than that I don't see any Eagles slotting in. Maybe Newman if he crushes NAB, but I don't know his price at all.

Pridda is great, very consistent. Solid 95-110 a week.

Waters will be a lock for me, other than that I don't see any Eagles slotting in. Maybe Newman if he crushes NAB, but I don't know his price at all.
Naitanui has to be a lock.
The new rule of hit outs to disadvantage deducting a point is huge IMO.

Lycett to be strongly considered and Yeo as the backs are piss weak, his average should go up substantially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get Nicnat every year, he's great in SC. Lycett gets a starting position in my forward line.

Will pass on Yeo. He's at that awkward price where he's not a premium, and he's not going to make you a huge deal of money (probably go up 80k max)
In regards to Yeo, I'm just not sold on any of the back line premiums this Year.
I think his production won't be that far off the top line players in that position and the money saved is better off spent plumping up key point earning areas.

In regards to Yeo, I'm just not sold on any of the back line premiums this Year.
I think his production won't be that far off the top line players in that position and the money saved is better off spent plumping up key point earning areas.

Yeah i agree, will stick to a solid like Simpson. But Hurn isn't a 'premo', waters is touch and go, Malceski is at a new club and overpiced, Hodge is surely going to be slowing down again.... there aren't many good options at all.

This will be a Yeo's breakout season, but he's surely not going to average more then 90pts at best, despite all the extra posessions he may get. I just don't think it's worth taking the punt on him considering he's not a cash cow, and he's not a premo either.

Still... if you pick the right mid ranged priced player and he has a huge season, like i did with Macrae last year, you'll have bargain on your hands. Depends on how much time you think Yeo will actually get in the mid this year, Macrae played full time on the wing or in the guts so he was always around it, but Yeo just pinch hitting won't be enough.

Yeah i agree, will stick to a solid like Simpson. But Hurn isn't a 'premo', waters is touch and go, Malceski is at a new club and overpiced, Hodge is surely going to be slowing down again.... there aren't many good options at all.

This will be a Yeo's breakout season, but he's surely not going to average more then 90pts at best, despite all the extra posessions he may get. I just don't think it's worth taking the punt on him considering he's not a cash cow, and he's not a premo either.

Still... if you pick the right mid ranged priced player and he has a huge season, like i did with Macrae last year, you'll have bargain on your hands. Depends on how much time you think Yeo will actually get in the mid this year, Macrae played full time on the wing or in the guts so he was always around it, but Yeo just pinch hitting won't be enough.
Normally I'd agree with you but with SC re-structuring (players) for the back line and the starting price of Yeo, if he averages 90, for that line, he'd go damn close to being a keeper. Especially given the starting price differential.

Normally I'd agree with you but with SC re-structuring (players) for the back line and the starting price of Yeo, if he averages 90, for that line, he'd go damn close to being a keeper. Especially given the starting price differential.

That's a big IF though chief. You're right though, at the moment a 90av in the backline is about the best you can hope for until it opens up a bit during the season.

I don't think he'll get that high though. 80-85 av tops for me, which would be a huge jump from his 65 average now.

That's a big IF though chief. You're right though, at the moment a 90av in the backline is about the best you can hope for until it opens up a bit during the season.

I don't think he'll get that high though. 80-85 av tops for me, which would be a huge jump from his 65 average now.
A big if indeed.
I managed to jag a top 250 score in 2012 by sticking with gut instinct, I've decided that I need to go back to my roots of season 2015.
Usually analysis paralysis kicks in and I regret not sticking with my initial move.

I think I'll stick by my guns this year...I'm very happy the loop hole has been made a little more of a gamble too.

Unless they are going to end up being a keeper mid prices are useless unless they have a big discount
I wouldn't want to keep an 80-85 player like yeo as I strive for the best 6 back men .
Better option is get a rookie that will hopefully average 65 but make you $200000 in the process then spend money elsewhere .

I'm very much a guns and rookies player but finding undervalued premiums is where the skill comes in .

Unless they are going to end up being a keeper mid prices are useless unless they have a big discount
I wouldn't want to keep an 80-85 player like yeo as I strive for the best 6 back men .
Better option is get a rookie that will hopefully average 65 but make you $200000 in the process then spend money elsewhere .

I'm very much a guns and rookies player but finding undervalued premiums is where the skill comes in .

My sentiments exactly, which i pointed out previously.

Macrae i ended up keeping the entire year before finally trading him out in the finals, but i really don't expect Yeo to lift his game 'that' much.

I'm more of a guns and rookies kind of guy as well, unless it's an obvious huge discount like Waters, which is always touch and go based on Nab form.

Daniel Rich? Cheap, but he's in the same boat as Yeo for me, an awkward price which might not be worth it.

Macrae and libratore will find it tough this year with the 2 main tagged players griffin and cooney gone .

I'm also a G&R type of man but my question is, given the available players...Is 90 a keeper this year in the back line?
All the big scorers bar Mal aren't available anymore.

For SC, sure, but for DT, Kreuze and Luey are too good to pass up.

Yeo as a back could be interesting.
Kruzer has been reported to spend a lot of time as a forward .
Will Leuy be sharing the ruck with stefan Martin ? It will effect both players output

Stefan Martin is a bullshit fantasy player. That bloke just runs around getting cheap stats like a midfielder, it's unbelievable.

Not sure how far his touches go when it comes to winning the game for Brisbane, but he can definitely find the ball. Too expensive now though for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back