Competitions SUPERCOACH/DREAMTEAM DISCUSSION THREAD 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys thoughts on Elliott Yeo? Will he be used in the mids or is he going to stay down back?

He was going to play more midfield time, but with the loss of Emac and Waters he might be spending more time down back again.

Looked like he went at half pace to be honest. It was his first hit out for the year after all.

FWIW i've got him starting in my team, SC loves him when he's up and going and if you believe the hype about his pre season, he should be huge this year.

Hi Eagles,

The comments above about Nic Nat have got me thinking. I am a miser, so I was going to go with Scott Lycett as my R2 and save 70k. I was thinking Lycett would go round pretty well this season, score some decent points and go up in price. But if Naitanui's in the kind of shape you're talking about, maybe I should forget about Lycett and go with Naitanui. He was a beast in 2012 and was more or less the reason I won my league that year (the league that counted most, that is).

Is Naitanui a no-brainer? Or is there enough upside in Lycett to tip the balance in his favour?

Either way, good luck for 2015!

Naitanui is injury prone, Lycett is not.

There was a breakdown somewhere where the games Lycett played in where he was the lead ruck, or one of 2 rucks his scoring jumped heaps. It was the stupid 3 ruck policy last year to accommodate Cox which hurt his early scores.

Naitanui still hasn't really proven himself after his injury, so who knows how reliable he'll be this year. This means Lycett will get more time in the action and can definitely go bang as we saw a few times last year.

If anyone is interested, feel free to join the league 817683. It was mainly WC board posters last year, but this time I have been slack in sharing it on the site/inviting others to join.

Any additions would be really appreciated.

If anyone is interested, feel free to join the league 817683. It was mainly WC board posters last year, but this time I have been slack in sharing it on the site/inviting others to join.

Any additions would be really appreciated.
Looks like I filled the last slot for you mate.

Irascible Priapism reporting for duty!!!!

Don't see nelson scoring much, more of a lock down role rather than distributer.

JS probably OK if he plays well, and considering Butler and Ellis's injuries he will get opportunity.

If he was listed as a back I'd be more inclined to get on, but as a mid, there are better options.

Agreed he won't score well, but I'm pretty confident he'll be in the side long enough to earn.

The mid rooks aren't as easy to pick especially if there is a GnR approach.

Teams tonight will see, exciting stuff :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got 100k spare in DT, is it worth investing it into dom sheed, is he a likely sub candidate and can he bring his avg up around 75-80 ? Cheers

He'll be in everyone's team by the end of the season.

53,89 and 65 in his last 3 vs the blues, his bogey team it seems.

I'll wait for the price drop before I consider Martin or Lids. Great first up score from McIntosh, happy I had him on the field.
I was seduced by Martin again, but I think he will be a reasonable scorer. I stayed away from Delids and Cotchin, good move. Mcintosh in the backline was a positive.

Chose Cripps instead of Dom, maybe a poor decision. Still its early in the season.

The ruck thing has me worried. The change in scaling for certain stats means it may be worth going cheap. Guys like Bellchambers and Leuey, which will free up cash to pick premiums in other position

Hey guys. Just interested in your thoughts on Lamb. Basically weighting up between Mccarthy (GWS) and Lamb + 50k. How much would you expect him to average (DT), where do you expect him to predominantly play, what's his job security like? etc?

I have all of Naitanui, Selwood, Sheed and Nelson this year in DT. Naitanui is just a lock, expecting him to be the number one ruck this year. Selwood is priced at an average of 81 - lock. I originally had Rich instead of Sheed but after a lot of rookies weren't named (which is why I have Nelson too) I had to free up some cash so I made the switch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back