Competitions SUPERCOACH/DREAMTEAM DISCUSSION THREAD 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin showed at Melbourne that when he is the only ruck he scores well .
In tandum he is average
Yep to expensive for mine too !
Big mummy on the other hand is reportedly having his best preseason ever .

Martin showed at Melbourne that when he is the only ruck he scores well .
In tandum he is average
Yep to expensive for mine too !
Big mummy on the other hand is reportedly having his best preseason ever .

3rd year in a row? Way too injury prone

3rd year in a row? Way too injury prone
Mumford didn't do a pre season last year and still killed it !
You do have trades and if you are going for overall ranking and miss the boat on a player averaging 140 over the first 6-8 rounds you can't peg the points back .

A mummy natanui combo could go ballistic at the start of the season then trade if one gets injured for a more reliable goldy or Jacobs

You do have trades and if you are going for overall ranking and miss the boat on a player averaging 140 over the first 6-8 rounds you can't peg the points back .

A mummy natanui combo could go ballistic at the start of the season then trade if one gets injured for a more reliable goldy or Jacobs

How did you fare last year in overall SC standings?

I did surprisingly well considering i just play SC for my local league win. Top 0%, finished ranked 511 or something from memory. But more importantly won my league for the second year in a row. Pretty much means i have a big johnson.

/flex

How did you fare last year in overall SC standings?

I did surprisingly well considering i just play SC for my local league win. Top 0%, finished ranked 511 or something from memory. But more importantly won my league for the second year in a row. Pretty much means i have a big johnson.

/flex
Good work it takes a lot of planning and luck to get top 1000 rankings especially now with the rolling lockout
Since we are comparing johnsons
688- last year
121- 2013
2 - 2011
Mine seems to be getting smaller :(

Good work it takes a lot of planning and luck to get top 1000 rankings especially now with the rolling lockout
Since we are comparing johnsons
688- last year
121- 2013
2 - 2011
Mine seems to be getting smaller :(
You finished 2nd in 2011...Holy s**t!!! :eek:

I thought I was good with a top 100 finish in 2012.
Your scores overall are excellent.

I've found with more an more info available, it's helped the average Joe.
I preferred the early days when you had to work out everything for yourself.

*** and I hate the byes, I'm never sure how to approach them.

You finished 2nd in 2011...Holy s**t!!! :eek:

I thought I was good with a top 100 finish in 2012.
Your scores overall are excellent.

I've found with more an more info available, it's helped the average Joe.
I preferred the early days when you had to work out everything for yourself.

*** and I hate the byes, I'm never sure how to approach them.
Top 100 finish is damn good I've only done it once but gone top 1000 4 out of last 5 years .
If your not within striking distance of the leader at round 6 your not a chance of winning
2nd in 2011 was a kick in the balls ! Lost by 60 Pts with sam Mitchell vs GC in the last round spent almost the second Half resting on the bench or forward to be cherry ripe for finals and McEvoy came down with gastro and posted his worst score of the year !

I find it hard now with the rolling lockout because people who can monitor and change their team all weekend have a huge advantage over people who can't

Also a lot of these SC/DT sites hand feed everything these days so doing research for yourself seems pointless .
You can find a breakout contender by looking at an upward trend in stats or have followed a players preseason to see they have a changed roles or have a mature age rookie up your sleeve that you have painstakingly found their Neafl stats for ..... Just to have someone hand it to the masses on a silver platter .

The byes are killer this year going to have to balance your team to have a chance or go hard early and take a hit !
No Ruck 4 sucks also as it was always a good loophole option without putting a position in jeopardy having no subs .

West Coast Eagles

player
position price
M. Priddis MID $611,000
L. Shuey MID $526,000
A. Gaff MID $526,000
M. Rosa MID $519,000
M. LeCras FWD $504,000
C. Masten MID $496,000
S. Selwood MID $459,000
S. Hurn DEF $451,000
M. Hutchings MID $448,000
J. Darling FWD $444,000
J. Kennedy FWD $442,000
N. Naitanui RUC $413,000
S. Lycett FWD, RUC $410,000
E. Mackenzie DEF $386,000
S. Wellingham FWD, MID $381,000
B. Sheppard DEF $377,000
J. McGovern DEF, FWD $370,000
S. Butler DEF $363,000
E. Yeo DEF, MID $357,000
X. Ellis DEF $352,000
J. Cripps FWD $350,000
B. Waters DEF $344,000
J. Hill FWD $328,000
P. McGinnity FWD, MID $315,000
J. Bennell DEF $291,000
L. Duggan MID $268,000
W. Schofield DEF $268,000
K. Lucas MID $259,000
D. Sheed MID $237,000
C. Sinclair FWD, RUC $230,000
M. Brown DEF $226,000
T. Lamb FWD $201,000
B. Colledge MID $179,000
M. Newman FWD $142,000
J. Nelson MID $142,000
S. Tunbridge FWD $142,000
D. Cavka MID $142,000
A. Waterman MID $142,000
M. Karpany DEF, FWD $133,000
C. Adamson DEF, MID $120,000
T. Barrass DEF $120,000
F. McInnes FWD $120,000
D. Main MID $120,000
P. Brophy MID $120,000
W. Maginness MID $120,000
R. Powell DEF $120,000

I was thinking of passing on Kreuzer & Leuy, just don't think they will score well and too risky, a mummy/NicNat combo looks damn tempting but!

How many eagles are too many? I normally tent to try stay away from eagles players whilst I'm supercoaching as I always seem to over rate them, on my watch list atm is Lycett, Nic, Yeo, Waters, Hurn, Karpeny. Lycett will most likely start up forward and I'll have Nic or another premo at R1 and possibly Bellchambers R2 (don't rate Ryder) Yeo, Waters, Hurn is probly 1 too many in def but.

I was thinking of passing on Kreuzer & Leuy, just don't think they will score well and too risky, a mummy/NicNat combo looks damn tempting but!

I have to agree.
Too much of a risk having two injury prone players on one line, especially the ruck now three players only are available.

I want Goldy/Nic Nat but given my preferred structure I'll have to settle for Leuy/Nic Nat.
I Leuy stays fit, he'll go large.
Closest ruckman in the comp left to Cox IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people think about Sheed? Under $250k, likely to play a high number of games (with other good sub candidates)... if he does well in the NAB cup I might consider him, if nothing else I see him getting to $350k fairly quickly.

What do people think about Sheed? Under $250k, likely to play a high number of games (with other good sub candidates)... if he does well in the NAB cup I might consider him, if nothing else I see him getting to $350k fairly quickly.
Not on my radar ! Too expensive will be lucky to average 80+ .
There are plenty of rookies that will average the same as sheed and make you an extra 100k in the process .

where will mcgovern play this year?

has an AWESOME sc>dt ratio
if he can have more sc>>>>dt scores he could be really good and its a goodtime to take a chance in the backline seeing it is so s**t this year
There are always a few players that go premo, as stated, given the available players in defence this year it could be a make or break kind of move.
I must admit, I'm really looking at him too but it's a big risk.

Im super keen on Yeo, but sad to see, there isn't overwhelming support for him on this page. Earlier in the best 22 i probed about him from Eagles fans and they generally were of the opinion that Yeo plays on the wing this year. Is that not the case.

If Yeo averages 85 it would be enough to keep him at D6 till at least his bye.

What role do you guys see him playing for the Eagles?

Im super keen on Yeo, but sad to see, there isn't overwhelming support for him on this page. Earlier in the best 22 i probed about him from Eagles fans and they generally were of the opinion that Yeo plays on the wing this year. Is that not the case.

If Yeo averages 85 it would be enough to keep him at D6 till at least his bye.

What role do you guys see him playing for the Eagles?
From all training reports and rumours Elliot Yeo hasn't had a very good preseason and probibly has lost some fitness. In some way his hand injury effected him even doing running. I'd suspect the club wants him to play more in the midfield but at the moment he can't train with the main group. I'd suggest to track him over the newt few weeks and in the NAB Challenge.

isnt he the best replacement for glass??
We have makenzie brown and schofield all 195+ defenders in their prime and all better defenders than McGovern .
McGovern IMO will be used as a swing man and may score well some games and poorly in others .

We have makenzie brown and schofield all 195+ defenders in their prime and all better defenders than McGovern .
McGovern IMO will be used as a swing man and may score well some games and poorly in others .

Debatable

Debatable
Schofield is a much better DEFENDER than McGovern !
Schofield took the 2nd key forward or resting ruck most of the year last year and did well IMO .
With the added bulk he has put on this preseason he should be able to mix it even better with the big KPF's and if he can do that he will have even more upside than brown .
Yes McGovern played some good games in defence mostly as the spare man , he is also an attacking weapon but when he had to be accountable you could see his inexperience .
Trying to take non percentage marks , going third man up and letting the ball go over the back , letting his man get goal side when the ball hits the deck and not spoiling to kill the ball coming in .
These are all things mcgovern needs to learn and improve on which schoey already does .
ATM schofield is the better defender who has the tank to keep up with high endurance forwards and the pace to cover repeat leads .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back