Competitions SUPERCOACH/DREAMTEAM DISCUSSION THREAD 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah i agree, will stick to a solid like Simpson. But Hurn isn't a 'premo', waters is touch and go, Malceski is at a new club and overpiced, Hodge is surely going to be slowing down again.... there aren't many good options at all.

This will be a Yeo's breakout season, but he's surely not going to average more then 90pts at best, despite all the extra posessions he may get. I just don't think it's worth taking the punt on him considering he's not a cash cow, and he's not a premo either.

Still... if you pick the right mid ranged priced player and he has a huge season, like i did with Macrae last year, you'll have bargain on your hands. Depends on how much time you think Yeo will actually get in the mid this year, Macrae played full time on the wing or in the guts so he was always around it, but Yeo just pinch hitting won't be enough.

That's a big IF though chief. You're right though, at the moment a 90av in the backline is about the best you can hope for until it opens up a bit during the season.

I don't think he'll get that high though. 80-85 av tops for me, which would be a huge jump from his 65 average now.

It does for me personally. Yeo is a walk up starter for us each week and will hopefully be seeing significant midfield minutes this year.
I stayed off Yeo for the fact i already had Waters and Hurn in my backline, but now Beau is dead get on the Yeo train son.

When we discussed this at Xmas and I had him in my team, you didn't seem to think he'd be worth keeping.
Do you think with Waters out it'll positively affect his average?

When we discussed this at Xmas and I had him in my team, you didn't seem to think he'd be worth keeping.
Do you think with Waters out it'll positively affect his average?

Hmm not really, that was before i spent so much time scraping bottom of the barrel for solid backline options. My opinion on starting Yeo has changed with Waters hurt. Not because it affects Yeo's scoring obviously, but because a better option is now gone.

Solid backline locks aren't really plentiful this year, so the punt on Yeo's awkward price is worth it with the amount of midfield minutes he'll get.

Hmm not really, that was before i spent so much time scraping bottom of the barrel for solid backline options. My opinion on starting Yeo has changed with Waters hurt. Not because it affects Yeo's scoring obviously, but because a better option is now gone.

Solid backline locks aren't really plentiful this year, so the punt on Yeo's awkward price is worth it with the amount of midfield minutes he'll get.
See how his nab form goes

Yeah, the backline is pretty darn weak this year...As you know, even before Waters I thought he was worth the risk.
He was going to be a POD for me, now I fear a lot more people will nab him and my team won't be different enough from the masses. (to a point)

Getting the backline right this year is really important to the rest of the structure of my team that I want to employ.

Hi to all you Eagle supporters over there in WA, hope you have a good season. My wife has created an All Female Fantasy League hoping to generate some interstate competition between female footy fans, so if there are any Female Eagle supporters willing to have a go and join up, the invite code is X7KT96T3.

Hey guys. Just a quick one. Malcolm Karpany... Any chance this year?

And Tom lamb if you don't mind... Thanks

Big chance. Could possibly start round 1 if he impresses throughout the nab.
Ok great... Let's just keep that between us... Thanks mate!

As we near the start of the pre-season games, the proper research for our dream teams begin.

Although it's a bit too early to tell how West Coast will go, given our very inconsistent few seasons, I'll do my best to give an early indication of some players to watch out for.

When we have a few more games I'll add more comments on players who are looking like taking the next step or most likely to debut.

As for now, a few quick notes:

Nic Naitanui - It's been said many times on this board, but Naitanui has FINALLY had a full pre-season, while this doesn't automatically mean he'll gun it, he's giving himself the best opportunity to have a best ever season. Last year because of playing most of the year injured his price is lower. When given the #1 position last year he averaged 92 in DT (opposed to a 73 average for the year), so combine a full season as #1 and a pre-season it adds up to some great value.

He's even better again in Supercoach where in the 5 games without Cox he averaged 120!!

Even at this early stage - I have him as a lock!

Scott Lycett - Two rucks from the same team isn't always a great decision, but Lycett has already proven to be a pretty handy point scorer with an avg. of 72. A score of 119 in the last match when he was a clear number 2 is a great indication of his scoring potential, Naitanui scored 112 in that game, so the two of them were both able to score well. That game was very one-sided, so don't expect big scores like that every week, but it shows Lycetts' potential. Playing as an outright #2 will help him and with Darling injured early he'll get a lot of chances up forward where he's showed some potential (4 goals against Collingwood).

Lycett isn't a lock, but a good pick up in the forward line if you want a Ruck/Fwd DPP.

Elliot Yeo - The backs are very tough this year, so it's worth taking note of Yeo and how he lines up during the NAB games. Word is he'll be getting a fair go through the midfield, he showed a bit last year when swapped from defence to fwd/mid before getting injured - 83 (Coll), 81 (North),100 (Hawks). Not a lot to go on, but against good opposition he was able to find a lot of the ball and most importantly took a lot of marks 7-8 each game. I wouldn't say lock him in, but take note of him this year.

Mark LeCras - While he's never quite reached elite status in the Dream Team world, this has often been because of injury. Broken just about bone in his body, so with a full pre-season and looking fresh this could be the year where he really steps it up.
Last year from 15 games he had scores of 139, 133, 133, 112 so he certainly has the potential to go BANG!
Unfortunately there are times he goes missing, where he went under 70 six times, once due to injury. With more time in midfield it is hoped these lower scoring games are minimised, as he has a great fantasy game - locks of marks, kicks, tackles and goals.
Not one I'd take, but could be a good POD, especially if you're going for a league win where his big scores could net you a few wins.

Players to watch in NAB:
Duggan
Sheed
Shuey
Gaff
Lucas
Lamb
McGovern

And Tom lamb if you don't mind... Thanks

He's a bit of a wildcard, wouldn't be surprised if he gets used as an impact sub in a few games this year.

With Darling struggling with his foot injury, he will be competing with McInness for a spot to back up Kennedy/Resting ruck.

He's a bit of a wildcard, wouldn't be surprised if he gets used as an impact sub in a few games this year.

With Darling struggling with his foot injury, he will be competing with McInness for a spot to back up Kennedy/Resting ruck.
Thanks mate... One to put on the watching!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will definitely be interesting to watch, genuine x-factor but is prone to brain farts as well.
As a kid, I guess you get that. Sounded like he showed real promise against the all stars. Hope you guys have got a steal...

I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about Hurn in my backline.

Generally 'burn' simply doesn't get enough of the ball to be considered a premium, he runs away from an easy touch and averages 85-90 odd.

But i figured after his strong finish to 2014, and now being given the captaincy he's going to take the next step. Then i see his 50SC game today an i just scratch my head. I think 'A.d.d' aka Heath Shaw would be a better option.

Yeo and Shep look like viable defenders this year. Mcinnes could be a cheap rookie dependent on NAB cup form

If he can keep up some solid form and break into the team for round one is there anyone else who thinks jackson nelsons worth a look?

If he can keep up some solid form and break into the team for round one is there anyone else who thinks jackson nelsons worth a look?

Worth a look but mid only unfortunately. Priced cheap at $117 or there abouts.
Would lock him in if he was named round 1 and in the backline.

Worth a look but mid only unfortunately. Priced cheap at $117 or there abouts.
Would lock him in if he was named round 1 and in the backline.

Yeah its a shame hes not listed as a defender would have made dealing with the backline positions a bit easier, cheers dude

Yeah its a shame hes not listed as a defender would have made dealing with the backline positions a bit easier, cheers dude
I'd still consider Nelson over Duggan for a mid rookie spot.

3 rookie spots in SC this year.
Duggan will be treated like Sheed was last year and play a handfull of games and cop a vest here and there.

With Emac and waters gone. Ellis and Yeo through the midfield in parts and McGovern pinch hitting forward against the teams with smaller forward lines there is a spot for a clean and good decision maker like Nelson.

Looks the pick of the bunch. Still keen to see Duggan's left foot in action today though.

I'd still consider Nelson over Duggan for a mid rookie spot.

3 rookie spots in SC this year.
Duggan will be treated like Sheed was last year and play a handfull of games and cop a vest here and there.

With Emac and waters gone. Ellis and Yeo through the midfield in parts and McGovern pinch hitting forward against the teams with smaller forward lines there is a spot for a clean and good decision maker like Nelson.

Looks the pick of the bunch. Still keen to see Duggan's left foot in action today though.
So is this with Dom Sheed to take a regular spot in your opinion?

So is this with Dom Sheed to take a regular spot in your opinion?
Yes.
Nelson wont play midfield. Duggan will get a few games with the vest, quite like Sheed last year.
Nelson with the backline outs mentioned should get a go.
Nobody saw Waters and EMac going out with in the space of a couple of weeks and as much as it sucks it's great for the young guys development, especially for Nelson and McGovern.

Yes.
Nelson wont play midfield. Duggan will get a few games with the vest, quite like Sheed last year.
Nelson with the backline outs mentioned should get a go.
Nobody saw Waters and EMac going out with in the space of a couple of weeks and as much as it sucks it's great for the young guys development, especially for Nelson and McGovern.
Waters hasn't played for 18 months. He might take Butler's spot, but not Waters'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back