Discussion Supercoach, DT and AF Question & Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DPC3

Draftee
Feb 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great write up SK.

Newnes is in over 15% of teams so no pressure :).

Steven is great value but what's holding me back is whether he will get tagged more this year than he did previously and end up being a non-keeper. You mentioned Montagna is the likely target but do you see Steven getting more attention?

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
For those with Tim Membrey i'd seriously consider Christian Salem who is around the same price as him.

Tim plays more of a position where he probably won't score much while Salem looks to be playing a half-back role where he should rack up touches and probably be a better/faster cash cow.

Worth watching those two over the NAB.

Yep, spot on.

Salem is a bit of a gift this year because he was sub-effected so often last year. Will make good coin, and still score in the 60s/70's IMO.

Like everyone else, my biggest headache is defence. Seriously considering mid-pricers all the way. Just not sure the "premiums" will deliver a premium score when you compare their price vs a mid or forward option.

DPC3

Draftee
Feb 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep, spot on.

Salem is a bit of a gift this year because he was sub-effected so often last year. Will make good coin, and still score in the 60s/70's IMO.

Like everyone else, my biggest headache is defence. Seriously considering mid-pricers all the way. Just not sure the "premiums" will deliver a premium score when you compare their price vs a mid or forward option.

Agreed - but history shows us that its very hard to pick (sub 400k) mid-pricers from Rd 1 that convert to keepers - Jaensch is the only one in the past 2 seasons that averaged 90+ and only a handful went 80+. As a strategy you are really banking on using most of them as stepping stones which uses up trades which I'm not prepared to do. If the NAB throws up some decent mid-pricers I'll switch strategies but for the moment I'm going 4 prems + Newnes down back.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agreed - but history shows us that its very hard to pick (sub 400k) mid-pricers from Rd 1 that convert to keepers - Jaensch is the only one in the past 2 seasons that averaged 90+ and only a handful went 80+. As a strategy you are really banking on using most of them as stepping stones which uses up trades which I'm not prepared to do. If the NAB throws up some decent mid-pricers I'll switch strategies but for the moment I'm going 4 prems + Newnes down back.

The difference for me this year is the quality (or lack of) solid defensive premium options this year. Usually they throw a couple of freebie, like McVeigh, swallow etc. This year there just isn't the same quality IMO.
Having said that, I'm usually pretty conservative so I'll probably end up with 2 premiums, 2 mid pricers and some rookies.
Also, I can't load my midfield up too early with keepers, need to keep some spots for the guys who Harv breakout years that I haven't seen coming!

Who is shaping to be preferred run-with tagger this year for the Saints?

Curren or Weller?

It seems like Weller in mids, Curren seems to be played more as defensive fwd ATM

TN25

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
Who is shaping to be preferred run-with tagger this year for the Saints?

Curren or Weller?
I think Curren will be the go to run with tagger. Wouldn't pick either in fantasy though

SK_MD_#7

Captain Dunstan
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey All,

i noticed Jack Steven only scored 40 SC points in your first game, should anything be read into this or was he just taking a back seat letting the younger guys have a go etc?
He is being eased back into it. Played about 30-35% of the game before being subbed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One other one guys;

How is Geary looking? Had him last year and he crippled me once he went down; is he in full training and looking good?

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
One other one guys;

How is Geary looking? Had him last year and he crippled me once he went down; is he in full training and looking good?

Back in full training and has participated in both our intra-club and first praccy match against the Lions. He's looking great and I think he scored his highest ever SC score against the Lions. Will see if he can back that up later today.

As for whether he's a good pick, may have to defer to others who know SC is a little better!

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
Sounds like Membery. T. had a quiet day. Is he still worth a slot as a cash making rookie for Supercoach?
Thankyou.

* Was there any acknowledgement for the Captains late sister? I hope Nick tears this year up. (just not against us, with no Emac, we have no-one to stop him!!! :oops::cry:)

Sounds like Membery. T. had a quiet day. Is he still worth a slot as a cash making rookie for Supercoach?
Thankyou.

* Was there any acknowledgement for the Captains late sister? I hope Nick tears this year up. (just not against us, with no Emac, we have no-one to stop him!!! :oops::cry:)

Get on Lonie instead.

Thanks for the ryply, any particular reason? Lonie is first year and Membry is at least mature.
FWIW I can't see Lonie outscoring Membry but can I get your thoughts? *I know Lonie is cheaper! :)

With our current injuries, and based on pre-season form Lonie is likely to get midfield time. Membrey not getting much of the ball even in NAB challenge.

Double the Fist

Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
With our current injuries, and based on pre-season form Lonie is likely to get midfield time. Membrey not getting much of the ball even in NAB challenge.
Membrey will most likely score like a KPP.
Thanks guys. Back to the bloody drawing board !!!!!

Really wanting Members because of his maturity. Lonie a pretty mature young fella eh? If he will get mid time, thats a huge call.

On another note, just a quickie on how you think richardson is going?

On another note, just a quickie on how you think richardson is going?

Hard to tell, because the usual measure of win:loss doesn't apply here.

Development of our young list is where it's at.

But from all accounts, seems to be doing really well.

Double the Fist

Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
Hard to tell, because the usual measure of win:loss doesn't apply here.

Development of our young list is where it's at.

But from all accounts, seems to be doing really well.
I know that, seems tho nothing bad is being said about him. I heard Watters was not in good form right from the start. I was impressed with Adam Simpson, the way he came to the club and got things slowly done, without fanfare and any ruffling of feathers. Seems Richo is going quietly about his business. Good luck to you guys! :thumbsu:

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry, my pocket posted.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425791227316.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425791227316.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 5
I've got Newnes over Steven narrowly, Steven will probably get higher scores but the ability to put Younger Jack into the backline tips it for me. Gone off Membrey at the moment, sure he'll play but his kicking was too wibbly yesterday.

Current Saints in my line-up: Wright, Goddard MKII and Newnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back