SuperCoach resources.... Your rating of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you blame them? Sure, there's heaps of great posters here (especially this time of year), but as the season comes closer more and more people come in. People who add nothing.

I'd much rather have a group of people who love the game and want to talk about it seriously, over having people like thetradesman who rocks up for three weeks a year, tell everyone Cotchin is going to win the brownlow, then disappears for another eleven months.

End of the day it should be a nothing matter.

Woah, hold up.
Cotchin is gonna win the Brownlow so I don't see what the problem is here... :p

Just wondering why the SCE forum can't be read only so that all BF users have access? Pages can still be clean and all users can view info?
This is a good call. No reason why this could not be done whilst maintaining the objectives that people claim SCE exists for.

This is a good call. No reason why this could not be done whilst maintaining the objectives that people claim SCE exists for.

What do we need to do to make this happen?
I suspect by asking the SCE thread read only to everyone is that there will be sub threads created in the main SC board commenting on the SCE thread. Hopefully this will encourage some of the SCE members to respond as well.

Win win for all.
Let's get this done would be awesome

Whoever was asking about Paige's position last year, it was 32,494. (RAMPAIGE) which I dare say would be lower than 90% of this board.

Yikes. Last year was my 2nd SC season ever. Did better than that.

Thanks to this board, of course. (But no thanks to that spud Cotchin who spent 13 weeks losing me money).

What do we need to do to make this happen?
I suspect by asking the SCE thread read only to everyone is that there will be sub threads created in the main SC board commenting on the SCE thread. Hopefully this will encourage some of the SCE members to respond as well.

Win win for all.
Let's get this done would be awesome
Don't see how opening the SCE board to public viewing will help their chance of taking out 1st prize in league rankings.

Mate, let it go. Who cares if they want to talk amongst themselves?

That was my easy version ;)

Bagging JM is not ok.

Eh, if it's done in good humor, why not?

Also, what's the big deal about SCE? Let them do their thing. I'd rather have more opinions and info to pull from anyways. If they want to wall themselves off, let it be. Maybe worry more about improving the info and gamesmanship on this side of the wall - as someone said earlier, imagine the hubbub if BigFooty Div 2 topped an SCE league.

Defeats the purpose of SCE opening the board up to read/write or read only for everyone. We use a number of strategies that we discuss throughout the year and last year was a prime example where we were behind YSCC the whole season bar last round. If our board was open than I have no doubt YSCC would be on here and we may not have got over the line.

There is good information in these pages of the main board, be grateful that you have good and regular contributors on this board now as it wasn't always like this, in a few weeks though once SC opens for everyone expect the boards to be flooded, SCE doesn't want to troll through or comment on 1000's of 'Rate my Team' posts. We don't even rate each others team in SCE and have no idea until lockout is complete round 1.

There's every chance a BF tragic/Div 2/Team league will knock off a SCE league. The gap has narrowed so much now because we all have access to information that was never there a few years ago. The game is a lot easier now than it ever was which makes it a lot harder to break away from the packs.

The fact that you guys are in the forums shows that you know more than the average SuperCoacher out on the street and are more committed but without trying to sound arrogant about it, bide your time, continue the good posts and reap the rewards.....

So SCE was created to keep the regular posters around and for them not to have to go through the masses posts.

Now the main reason to keep its contents confidential and hidden is to help it win the overall league standings.

I have no problem with that, it is however nice to now have that clarified though.

So SCE was created to keep the regular posters around and for them not to have to go through the masses posts.

Now the main reason to keep its contents confidential and hidden is to help it win the overall league standings.

I have no problem with that, it is however nice to now have that clarified though.
It was created for both reasons you mentioned.

A few of us noticed in 2008 that many of the best players on BigFooty were leaving to start up new fantasy forums. We decided to create our own group to compete with these new forums across leagues. In some years there has been money on the line in regards to overall league rankings.

Defeats the purpose of SCE opening the board up to read/write or read only for everyone. We use a number of strategies that we discuss throughout the year and last year was a prime example where we were behind YSCC the whole season bar last round. If our board was open than I have no doubt YSCC would be on here and we may not have got over the line.

There is good information in these pages of the main board, be grateful that you have good and regular contributors on this board now as it wasn't always like this, in a few weeks though once SC opens for everyone expect the boards to be flooded, SCE doesn't want to troll through or comment on 1000's of 'Rate my Team' posts. We don't even rate each others team in SCE and have no idea until lockout is complete round 1.

There's every chance a BF tragic/Div 2/Team league will knock off a SCE league. The gap has narrowed so much now because we all have access to information that was never there a few years ago. The game is a lot easier now than it ever was which makes it a lot harder to break away from the packs.

The fact that you guys are in the forums shows that you know more than the average SuperCoacher out on the street and are more committed but without trying to sound arrogant about it, bide your time, continue the good posts and reap the rewards.....

Fair enough appreciate the feedback

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was created for both reasons you mentioned.

A few of us noticed in 2008 that many of the best players on BigFooty were leaving to start up new fantasy forums. We decided to create our own group to compete with these new forums across leagues. In some years there has been money on the line in regards to overall league rankings.

How many members are a part of the SCE boards?

So when will us regulars SC board posters (Tragics) be getting our own private BF SC forum?

because you know, we are the ones who keep this forum very active (in a good way) and we might be tempted to leave & go somewhere else/make our own forum if every n00b can see/read all our awesomely brilliant SC strategy as well. :rolleyes::rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back