FTA-TV Supernatural

Remove this Banner Ad

Season finale in a couple of days. Last couple of episodes have had a few feels.

Still a very good standard but I think they have one more full season in them before they're stretching it. Would prefer it go out on a high.

One more season before they're stretching it? They've been stretching it ever since the end of season 5!!

Last few eps have been enjoyable though, always like it when we get a few non filler eps in a row.

Well I thought 'jumping the shark' and 'flogging a dead horse' were a bit unfair to the show. :)

Agree that 'Swan Song' would have been the perfect ending for the show, geez hard to believe theyve just about done double the amount of episodes since that finale!

They lost me this season. Watched the first 2 eps and the last episode. Watching the last episode tonight, didn't feel as though I missed a thing.

Wanted to enjoy this season, but just struggled to get on board. Loved Cain as a character (dat dialogue during the Dean fight), but the mark of Cain arch didn't really do anything for me. There had to have been a better way of dealing with Abbadon than adopting the oldest curse in the universe?

It seemed like short-cuts were taken to progress the story (granted that's a difficult thing to do after ten seasons).

Charlie's death at the hands of the Frankensteins? Carver pls. Now all of a sudden there's a new enemy is revealed in the final episode - sound familiar? (Leviathans, Falling Angels, etc in seasons past). Death's death was a strange one. Why hand over the only thing that can kill you to a volatile, cursed dude with a big brother complex who has demonstrated time and time again his stance that nothing trumps family or the love he has for his baby brother?

Perhaps Dean felt he was past the point of no return (i.e. if he didn't kill Sam, Death would have anyway). I hate that it takes out such a big player in the game who would have come in useful purging the Darkness - somehow I don't think Cass and Crowley will have the juice - perhaps this opens the door for Michael and Lucifer to re-enter the game board somehow?

I also think there's so much untapped stuff with the men of letters hideout/library.

I've been noticing that Padalecki's acting has struggled a bit, particularly in the heart-felt brother speeches. Just not getting it from him anymore. Having said that, he was superb in the bar scene.

+1 for the 'should have ended after S5' crew.

I somehow still enjoy the show though :)

Last edited:
The show goes from the boys fighting together one season to them being at odds the next. Rinse and repeat. The substance is always the same.

Not wrong with assessent there and bang on Spudregus_87 & Elixuh

The scene with burning Charlie, Star Wars style was some soap level acting by the Pad-man, but the bar scene was great.

Does seem a bit rinse and repeat now, Sam or Dean face death or worse over entire season/have choice to make sacrifice/choose themselves at the end/open the doors for evil to be unleashed on the world on mass.

Storywise the show clearly has been lacking for many seasons but the acting and writing of the episodes themselves has still been of hood quality.

I'll still watch the show no-matter how s**t it gets, but I hope for the shows legacy, next season is the last and they go out on a high.

And also reckon the show would be better served as a 10 episode season with slightly longer eps, which obviously on their current network won't happen.

Yeah the killing of death just seemed stupid, thought the character was always an interesting one to go/bail to.

And how do they honestly stand any chance of fighting off whatever the hell this darkness is when god needed help from all the angels to win that battle? So either god returns or something else ridiculous is made up on the spot.

What even happens with Death being dead? Does another reaper just take his spot? And did his weapon crumble? Would assume it would basically be their most powerful weapon if it didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the way they script the show + the fact that its been going for so long, I would expect their final season to include a lot of reminiscing and role reprisals from characters we may not have seen in some time.

I would expect the finale to be epic.

I thought it was a solid season, without being great.
Always good for a few laughs + monster slaying!
The darkness seems like it will be overpowered/unstoppable on first impression.

Was good to hear Wayward Son again at least.

I'm sick of the conflict between Sam and Dean. Hoping for a strong finish, although ratings are very strong so season 12 is probably a lock if the main guys sign on

With the way they script the show + the fact that its been going for so long, I would expect their final season to include a lot of reminiscing and role reprisals from characters we may not have seen in some time.

I would expect the finale to be epic.
Finally got around to finishing this season, and I hope Season 11 is this.

The show is way past it's expiry date. Like a few seasons past.

I won't abandon it, heck, I've invested 10 seasons, I'm too far in to quit now.

I honestly can't see it getting any better. It's quite clear that the show's writers capabilities are very limited. Granted, the first few seasons of the show were great, but... we've gone through the same sequence of events literally like 5-6 times now.

There's no character growth in the main 3 characters; Sam, Dean and Castiel. Crowley has done a bit, and I've actually liked what they've done with his character. But the other 3 spout the same spiel and make the same mistakes.

Bring on Season 11 and let's hopefully end Supernatural on a somewhat positive note, before it's too late.

It would have finished at season 5 if they wanted an epic finale. Would have been perfect. Now they'll just keep going for ratings. Is still ok with occasional great eps but mostly average filler.

Season 11 is now two episodes in for those still watching this :thumbsu:

I'm just about to hit play on Episode 2, but the opener had one or two interesting developments:

A lot of setup stuff that we're used to (Sam & Dean have caused a s**t-storm, now have to clean it up, Cas in strife with heaven, etc. I can't help but pick out the similarities between The Darkness and the Leviathans.

Most promising aspect however was...

THE MENTION OF MICHAEL & LUCIFER AND THE CAGE!! :D

200.gif

Really really hope this isn't a tease and we actually get to see the Arch-Angels return this season. The Darkness is the oldest thing the brothers have come up against, so they're going to need some firepower to combat it. Not to mention tapping into the season five storyline/characters would be a welcome presence after the somewhat repetitive story lines of the most recent seasons.

For me, the series ends with D&S sacrificing themselves to save humankind, but I guess ratings will have a lot to do with that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back