Supporters... Let's make a stand! (Get the Bark back!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gilbee9

Team Captain
May 9, 2003
Parkdale
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
I go to the games... Week in and Week out... And one thing I have noticed is that we are not loud enough! I look at other teams and their crowd acts as a 19th man on the field... It's time we used our voices! It pumps up the players.. Brings life into the game!

We need to be ferocious with our voices, Yell and scream how you want the boys to attack the football... Let's be heard.. No longer do I want to sit back, clap and chant bulldogs like the Brighton all girls choir... I want to start acting like well en dowered, chest beating carnivores...

We are apart of this club too... We need to set the tone!

Don't sit back and call a player not hard enough when you haven't said a word all game! Stand up and be proud to be Red, White and Blue and show everyone that we are all in this together....

We are Dogs... We need to get our Bark back!!

I love the idea of chanting "Footscray" ... I think this is a must!

Could we perhaps bark like Dogs after a goal... And i'm not talking like a miniature poodle named muffin... I am talking like a rottweiler crossed pit bull named Ian... (Similair to Rick Steiners bark)...

I am open to anything... We have really gone into our shell as of late as a club... Yes, I know there is not much to cheer about... But we can find something.. Let's get this club back on track...

We don't need James Sherry telling us to get loud!.... We should be loud...

And when Terry Wallace comes on the screen from SEN... Boo him! Hiss.... Hiss!! or Chant "Weasel".. Weasel"

I love the idea of chanting "Footscray" ... I think this is a must!

Could we perhaps bark like Dogs after a goal...
which is why people don't chant when we kick goals.

Do you supporters do anything other than run the club down...? Seriously? Let's try something different.. Because at the moment we are hardly inspiring supporters! Writing off players after 10 games.. There is nothing but negative attitudes amongst the supporters on this board and it makes me ashamed to go to war with you guys each week.. Let's stop being negative and quit the poor us mentality.. How about we focus on strictly positive stuff.. Christian Howard's game against brisbane.. Not bad for a 3rd year player.. Cordy against north and port.. Smith on debut.. It's gonna be a long road but let's all rebuild this club too... We can play a part.. The negative attitudes are going to get us no where!!

Gilbee9, I was very disappointed in our supporters at the game on Sunday, yes I knew we were going to lose, but they were so dam quiet.

I think we should get some of us together from BF to yell, scream, boo etc in one part of the ground, at least we will make some noise.

Pick a home game, pick a quarter, meet behind the cheersquad and make a heap of noise. Focus on one chant so the people not in on it can get the drift, drop the anxiety about being overt in their passion and voila you've done something. You've exerted your power as a fan on the game day experience, if you do it often enough, it becomes culture.

All Dogs fans need to understand that there are not many of us, therefore you cannot be a passenger. Be a fan. Be involved in the game at some level, don't just consume it.

I'm there every home game in the cheer squad im pretty loud when it comes to abusing umpires and opposition and to be honest no offense but there are lots of old ladies in there who for obvious reasons are not very enthusiastic, younger members should be put in there as well to try and give the squad some life it's really dull and has been for a couple of years

And I support a Footscray chant now and again also what about a collingwood style bbbuuullldddoooggggsssss chant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sit in Asile 22, which is next to our race, on the Cheer Squad or Footscray End side. We chant after every goal, just not enough people there to make it really loud. One of the downsides to barracking for a Club like ours.

What about meeting up outside the cheers squad for the Carlton game? We need to tie our scarves a certain way so we know we are BFers or risk siding up to the wrong person with a deranged smileo_O

Beileve me im easily spottable 6ft 5 and usually sit near the back of the cheer squad

Making noise and getting the crowd involved is one thing, but when barely any of the players want to take the game on and put their head over the footy it won't exactly make a lot of difference.

I go to as many games as possible and do let my opinions heard, which always goes up in relation to how many beers I consume.

Don't mind the idea of meeting up and making a bit of noise, but I think it would be down right awkward haha. I think something like this will end up occuring

This thread is stupid. You can't honestly think that people are going to be vocal and cheer the tripe that this football club has put up this year.

Why don't the players and coaches make a stand and start being a competitive professional football team rather than an absolute rabble. The worst bulldogs team in my life. Even worse than the Rhodes era.

I don't know if I'm remembering things incorrectly because it was a long time ago and I was pretty young, but I seem to recall a dog bark soundtrack playing over the loudspeakers every so often when the Bulldogs kicked goals out at Optus Oval.

I wonder why they don't do something similar these days.

I don't know if I'm remembering things incorrectly because it was a long time ago and I was pretty young, but I seem to recall a dog bark soundtrack playing over the loudspeakers every so often when the Bulldogs kicked goals out at Optus Oval.

I wonder why they don't do something similar these days.

It used to bark when we kicked goals, or they'd play a bit from Who Let the Dogs Out by the Baha Men :)

Another fav was the dog that used to appear on the scoreboard at Etihad in the earlier days, the only problem was often it would be the screensaver showing while you heard the Dog :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back