Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Happy Poo

All Australian
Jul 11, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Flyers, 76ers, Eagles, Phillies
hi so I just moved to adelaide this year and I support collingwood magpies and obviously im missing out on a lot of games that I would see if I was in melbourne, so I kinda was looking at port magpies and the possibility on going to a few of those games as im not going to be supporting another afl club other though port magpies apparently is pretty much port power. anyway I was wondering if port magpies fans feel about this as I know port and collingwood and kind of rivals because of sharing the same colours and mascot. but is there anyone else who supports collingwood and port magpies and not port power, all I know is just my new maths teacher who supports port magpies and collingwood but then changed to port power when they came into the afl.

or should I just go for another sanfl team and if so which one? I do live near glenelg, and is it just port and adelaide that are affiliated with afl teams?
also do you say sanfl like sanfull or do you say the letters as S A N F L

hi so I just moved to adelaide this year and I support collingwood magpies and obviously im missing out on a lot of games that I would see if I was in melbourne, so I kinda was looking at port magpies and the possibility on going to a few of those games as im not going to be supporting another afl club other though port magpies apparently is pretty much port power. anyway I was wondering if port magpies fans feel about this as I know port and collingwood and kind of rivals because of sharing the same colours and mascot. but is there anyone else who supports collingwood and port magpies and not port power, all I know is just my new maths teacher who supports port magpies and collingwood but then changed to port power when they came into the afl.

or should I just go for another sanfl team and if so which one? I do live near glenelg, and is it just port and adelaide that are affiliated with afl teams?

firstly there is no such thing as port power. its port adelaide, not port power, not gold suns, not west eagles, not greater giants, port adelaide. there have been plenty of collingwood fans who support the magpies over here, plenty of magpies supporters who support collingwood too, maybe a few have jumped of our magpies now we are fully aligned with our port adelaide afl side. please dont go for any other sanfl side, they are all not worthy. get onboard the maggies, head to alberton and have a good day.

My father used to support the SANFL magpies and collingwood during the VFL days. He switched to the crows when they entered, then finally to port who his heart always lay with, he was just waiting for them to enter the AFL.

So it's definitely not odd to support the sanfl maggies and collingwood. I for one, welcome you to support the mighty magpies. You won't regret it, even if a few of our AFL lads play for the maggies. It's a great club with a soul that burns for victory, I also like to feel Port and Collingwood have a small connection over the J-Mac tragedy. So if there was an SANFL team to support, let it be us.

if you want to support the magpies, then you will be supporting another AFL club. our reserves, to be specific. soon the club will rub off on you and you'll be checking out the seniors at Adelaide Oval. welcome to Adelaide and the Port Adelaide family. :D

Come and join the mighty Tiges, get down to Snouts bar on a Friday night for the home games. its a great atmosphere have a few beers and walk home. Forget the AFL franchises heres your opportunity to be part of a real local club, without all the AFL BS. Sanfull sounds great!!!!!!

Come and join the mighty Tiges, get down to Snouts bar on a Friday night for the home games. its a great atmosphere have a few beers and walk home. Forget the AFL franchises heres your opportunity to be part of a real local club, without all the AFL BS. Sanfull sounds great!!!!!!

mighty tigers would be like richmond mate - pretenders and you will be sadly disappointed every friggin year! so cheer cheer the black and the white! you will love the mascot too!! ;-)

There's only one thing you need to know about Glenelg. Port Adelaide have won more grand finals against Glenelg than Glenelg have won grand finals.

John Cahill, Mark Williams, Greg Phillips, Bruce Abernethy, Nathan Buckley, Russell Johnston and Stephen Bomber Clifford are all Port Adelaide greats who have shared time with Collingwood.

Come aboard the Magpies, get yourself a three game AFL membership and watch Collingwood play Port and Port play AFL teams that are your sworn enemy as a Collingwood supporter. You get to barrack for the Power in 2/3 games and as Meatloaf sang two out of three aint bad. :thumbsu:

Uncle is a Port magpies and Collingwood main

honestly just get a port 3 gamer

My Father is a Port Adelaide man who supported Collingwood in the VFL. Naturally he barracks for all the PAFC teams but he can't relinquish his love for Collingwood except for when we play them once or twice a year. Love his Loyalty.
It will be far easier for you, and much more rewarding,supporting the Magpies in South Australia than the gay bays, that's for sure.

mighty tigers would be like richmond mate - pretenders and you will be sadly disappointed every friggin year! so cheer cheer the black and the white! you will love the mascot too!! ;-)

I dont barrack for Richmond unfortunatly to have a big footy account you must list an AFL franchise (Richmond has the same colors as a true local club which is the reason for listing them) . Just goes to show the level of corporate influence that the AFL has over the real footy.

I dont barrack for Richmond unfortunatly to have a big footy account you must list an AFL franchise (Richmond has the same colors as a true local club which is the reason for listing them) . Just goes to show the level of corporate influence that the AFL has over the real footy.
I'll translate:

A true local club = not good enough to make the national comp
Real footy = skills are da bestests, we don't play like AFL's insert Gotch, McGregor, Hocking, Basset, Stevens

How does it feel being left behind?SA Great, Kick a Vic, Heaps Good

Also, I'm sure the OP is just taking the piss.

I'll translate:

A true local club = not good enough to make the national comp
Real footy = skills are da bestests, we don't play like AFL's insert Gotch, McGregor, Hocking, Basset, Stevens

How does it feel being left behind?SA Great, Kick a Vic, Heaps Good

Also, I'm sure the OP is just taking the piss.

Yeah, but lucky I'm happy to stand on the hill pay $6.50 for a full strenght beer and $4 for a pie. Spoke to a mate who told me it was $13.50 for a Bourbon at Adelaide oval and $8 for a pie, seriously that's HEAPS GOOD. Love to watch the local team instead of watching arial ping pong at AFL level, only my opinion but much prefer the closer in play with a lot more contested posession, not as pretty too watch in some peoples opinions, but not mine.

So does it feel like I'm being left behind? I personally think not, but then again thats my opinion, and thats all that matters to me. Probably why I am expressing my opinion on an SANFL wall.

Yeah, but lucky I'm happy to stand on the hill pay $6.50 for a full strenght beer and $4 for a pie. Spoke to a mate who told me it was $13.50 for a Bourbon at Adelaide oval and $8 for a pie, seriously that's HEAPS GOOD. Love to watch the local team instead of watching arial ping pong at AFL level, only my opinion but much prefer the closer in play with a lot more contested posession, not as pretty too watch in some peoples opinions, but not mine.

So does it feel like I'm being left behind? I personally think not, but then again thats my opinion, and thats all that matters to me. Probably why I am expressing my opinion on an SANFL wall.
But SANFL still isn't grass roots, at my local SFL game i can pay $5 for a beer and $3 for a pie

I know 75% of the people playing and there is a better atmosphere than at 75% of SANFL games, oh yeah i can also sneak in/not pay at 80% of the games i go to (thats because half of them are home games and you don't need to pay if your a player:p)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your mate was getting ripped off bacause no one else was paying that. Even if it was $13 that's money that enables your s**t club to pay it's exorbitant salary cap. So next time you need to sprook your NO AFL IN THE $ANFL or "real football" crap maybe don't do it on the Ports board. If you feel a need a little more respect should be given to one of the clubs that puts food on your table.

Real club pls.

every single player on glenelgs list would swap it all to be on an afl clubs list, every single coach at glenelg would swap it all to be coaching at an afl club. lets be honest nick stevens is only at glenelg so it can be his stepping stone to move on to bigger and better things. i love sanfl footy, always have, always will, but lets be honest here....

But SANFL still isn't grass roots, at my local SFL game i can pay $5 for a beer and $3 for a pie

I know 75% of the people playing and there is a better atmosphere than at 75% of SANFL games, oh yeah i can also sneak in/not pay at 80% of the games i go to (thats because half of them are home games and you don't need to pay if your a player:p)

Ya reckon the atmosphere is better there I played for the winnies for 8 years before going amatuer league

Your mate was getting ripped off bacause no one else was paying that. Even if it was $13 that's money that enables your s**t club to pay it's exorbitant salary cap. So next time you need to sprook your NO AFL IN THE $ANFL or "real football" crap maybe don't do it on the Ports board. If you feel a need a little more respect should be given to one of the clubs that puts food on your table.

Real club pls.

You have included this on the SANFL board, you do realise this dont you. If you dont want to be part of it leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have included this on the SANFL board, you do realise this dont you. If you dont want to be part of it leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do realise that the Maggies are an AFL reserves team yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I cared about the opinions of the the red tin brigade I would've tried harder to not get kicked off that awful Facebook page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"...though port magpies apparently is pretty much port power"
They are the same club. It's like rockin' up to a local amateur club and supporting the reserves but not the league. I'd personally find that weird.

"...is there anyone else who supports collingwood and port magpies and not port power"
I believe there are but I think a majority of that brigade has now left. Their distorted views on PAFC, in whichever way they wanted to support us, has now been cleared up. I think there would be an 'embarrassment factor' if they continued turning up to Port Magpie games whilst sporting their Collingwood/St.Kilda/etc gear (as they have done in the past).

"...my new maths teacher who supports port magpies and collingwood but then changed to port power when they came into the afl."
Perhaps change your perception on who he always prioritized. Many Port supporters followed another AFL club prior to PAFC joining the national comp. Maybe he never 'changed'; he probably 'followed' Collingwood but has always 'supported' PAFC'.

"...or should I just go for another sanfl team and if so which one? I do live near glenelg, and is it just port and adelaide that are affiliated with afl teams?"
Although the club would always welcome new supporters, I think that you'd have to realize that if you support the Magpies, you're supporting the PAFC. Put it this way: I wouldn't go for Collingwood reserves if I were to move to Melbourne. It would essentially be supporting the Collingwood Football Club. So, to answer your question, if you've moved to Adelaide, support everything PAFC and you'll have a wow of a time:p. But if you want to keep supporting your proud, historic and successful football club, keep supporting Collingwood.
I guess it also depends on the type of 'supporter' you are. If you feel comfortable with supporting two clubs then jump on board. However, if you go down that path, many of us would appreciate it if you didn't say "I go for Port Magpies because they're not the same club" Pfffft - embarrassing! HUGELY disrespectful!

"also do you say sanfl like sanfull or do you say the letters as S A N F L"
Great question. I believe 'sanfull' is a term 'interstaters' first began using - and weirdly South Australian's are starting to pronounce it that way. Possibly because various recruits for the 'big stage' came from the the 'Wofful' and 'Sanfull".
Personally, i'm a traditionalist and prefer to pronounce it as an acronym S A N F L but do as you please. Some pissants may arrogantly correct you ;)

Seriously its up to you you could g choose to barrack for them even though they are the reserve its still a competition at a local level. Even though Im a Port Adelaide supporter but Ill barrack for Collingwood if they are not playing us based on an individual game basis. SO if they are playing the Crows I will definitely be behind them to win and disgrace the Crows. Because I grew up with the Collingwood connection with Port Adelaide before it entered the AFL I dont really see a reason why you cant support the local Magpies and still go for your Collingwood. Youll find that you proably will barrack for the Port Adelaide AFL team when they are not playing you much the same way I do living here in Melbourne. I still have a soft spot for the Collywobbles even though the majority of their fan base is pretty scary hahaha.

edit***

Oh and we have a lot in common besides the mascot and colours we are despised in our states :))

"also do you say sanfl like sanfull or do you say the letters as S A N F L"
Great question. I believe 'sanfull' is a term 'interstaters' first began using - and weirdly South Australian's are starting to pronounce it that way. Possibly because various recruits for the 'big stage' came from the the 'Wofful' and 'Sanfull".
Personally, i'm a traditionalist and prefer to pronounce it as an acronym S A N F L but do as you please. Some pissants may arrogantly correct you ;)

And then there's people like me that pronounce it "Snafl" :)

um..... just incase you missed it

13817377443_455e37ae91_b.jpg

have a nice day.

um..... just incase you missed it

13817377443_455e37ae91_b.jpg

have a nice day.
Nah

Didnt miss it, was there.

You think how people still talk about The GF when Wayne Harms knocked the ball back into play against collingwood 30 years later and how Collingwood were robbed of a Premiership. Imagine the talk or disgust (most normal people wont even recognise the victory) in Port using a $2.5 Million dollar salary cap on an SANFL team when the opposition get to use $340000 on an entire SANFL squad. Im sure you if you do win a GF, it will be labelled a totally cheated premiership victory for the next 100 years. As long as you can defend the right to pay 1000 percent of a salary cap of your opposition unless you play the crows , all good.

Cheating would be breaking the rules. We're playing by the rules and regulations - The same rules and regulations agreed to by the league and to those clubs, such as yours, who agreed to them. We're playing with the cards we've been dealt with.
We get what we deserve. Unfortunately, it's taken 20 odd years to get to experience a moment like this. Thankfully, we never ever give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back