Surkin

Remove this Banner Ad

I havent spoken to him but rather got a FB status and photo of him in hospital saying as much. Was playing 2s for Lang Lang and copped one, I guess. Im sure he will be on here soon enough to let us in on the circumstances.

Haha thanks guys.

Just collected the ball and copped a good fair hip and shoulder from Shane Brewster just after half time that knocked the stuffing out of me. Being the tough nut I am I returned to the field but felt something was wrong. Got progressively worse after the game and had to get my mate to drive my car home. Was in a bad state when I got home and mum insisted she take me to hospital, just as well as turns out it was a lacerated spleen. Looks like I'll have to spend the next couple of weeks in the hospital.

Sorry to hear that Surkin, i take it you were playing 1's then if Shane Brewster layed the hip and shoulder. All the best in your recovery.

Not allowed to play any contact sport for 6 months Plugger. I'm the twos runner though. Finally found a position to match my ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you did the board plugger?
Not this year, mate. Runner and loving it. Still an assistant coach and Chairman of selectors but I get the chance to have an impact directly during the game instead of waiting until quarter time. Of course I look like a big jaffa in the orange, but there is less risk of me ending the game with a green whistle in my gob...ha ha!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back