FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 1 - Cont. in Pt. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Oh **** off Rove hosting NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
You know he has the blessing of Jeff Probst though right? Probst was asked who he'd want to replace him if he ever quit, and he said Rove.

You know he has the blessing of Jeff Probst though right? Probst was asked who he'd want to replace him if he ever quit, and he said Rove.

Yeah cause that is probably the only Aussie he knows of, cause he was in LA doing that show no one watches.

Yeah cause that is probably the only Aussie he knows of, cause he was in LA doing that show no one watches.
But they've obviously met before. And I don't mean Probst said Rove for an Australian Survivor. As in Jeff Probst would want Rove to replace Jeff Probst if Jeff Probst quit US Survivor.

I've always thought I'd be good at challenges, pretty athletic and all that. But I don't cope well with the cold and being hungry so probably not. Plus I have really bad eyesight so if anything happened to my glasses I'd be useless. Needing to be available for 10 flippin weeks puts me right out of contention too.

The worst things about being on Survivor imo:
- the cold/heat/ sun exposure (surely they are able to use sunscreen?)
- lack of food
- toileting. (do they have a proper toilet/ latrine?)
- "that time of the month". Omg is shitty enough IRL, let alone Survivor.
- not being able to brush your teeth.
- the insect bites.
(I had horrid mozzie bites while in the US. My feet swelled up it was shocking. Can only imagine would be so much worse on Survivor)
- and not having any family, friends, nothing and being completely out of your element.
- the 24 hours. We watch Survivor for 1 hour a week. Would not even compare to living it 24/7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently because of the lack of food and water, you only ever have to go the loo a lot less regularly than in the real world, so apparently it's not too bad. Unless you're Fishbach

But they've obviously met before. And I don't mean Probst said Rove for an Australian Survivor. As in Jeff Probst would want Rove to replace Jeff Probst if Jeff Probst quit US Survivor.

Rove's also a huge Survivor fan himself.

lion4life

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool; Washington Wizards
Anyone on BF going to apply?

I myself, wouldn't touch this show/experience with a 10-foot clown pole. Not my cup of tea, at all.

I'm personally going to have a go at trying to get on the show.

Timeline fits well with me just finished uni and having been a massive fan for ages, I'd be kicking myself if I at least didn't try :)

Just found this:
http://survivoroz.com/2015/11/20/australian-survivor-is-back/

One of these stood out to me

McGarvey stated “Our intention is that it will be multi-night but not every night.” That means more than likely we will have at least two episodes a week but no more than four. No comment has been made on the length of the episodes as of yet.

* off. Any hope that I had that the show would suceed is all but gone. They will ruin the show having it on 3-4 nights a week. Survivor works so well witht the episode structure that it uses. This Australian version will be so slow and boring with more than one episode per week. Just have a look at what Channel 7 did with The Mole. They ******* ruined it with four episodes a week.

I've always thought I'd be good at challenges, pretty athletic and all that. But I don't cope well with the cold and being hungry so probably not. Plus I have really bad eyesight so if anything happened to my glasses I'd be useless. Needing to be available for 10 flippin weeks puts me right out of contention too.
The 10 weeks was a surprise considering the game is played over 39 days. I'm guessing it's promotional and post-game conditioning included?

Just found this:

**** off. Any hope that I had that the show would suceed is all but gone. They will ruin the show having it on 3-4 nights a week. Survivor works so well witht the episode structure that it uses. This Australian version will be so slow and boring with more than one episode per week. Just have a look at what Channel 7 did with The Mole. They ******* ruined it with four episodes a week.
Sounds like they're trying to make it a similar progamming model to I'm A Celebrity...

Just found this:

**** off. Any hope that I had that the show would suceed is all but gone. They will ruin the show having it on 3-4 nights a week. Survivor works so well witht the episode structure that it uses. This Australian version will be so slow and boring with more than one episode per week. Just have a look at what Channel 7 did with The Mole. They ******* ruined it with four episodes a week.
I whole heartedly agree but theoretically if done right, having it on multiple nights a week could be a good thing. Imagine if it was three nights with the first show being the reaction to the tribal, plus a proper explanation of why people voted for they did, plus a reward challenge and reward, the second episode being the immunity challenge and a lot of strategy shown, and the third episode being a bit of strategy, and then a long tribal, that would actually be good.

Instead we'll get stupid twists, redemption Island duels and manufactured drama

Just found this:

So it's basically going to be The Block - Castaways. * that. There's a reason the show has been going for 30+ seasons, the format works.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
So it's basically going to be The Block - Castaways. **** that. There's a reason the show has been going for 30+ seasons, the format works.
Not to mention Australian tv stuggles to stick with the 43 minute shows for these sort of things. The amazing Race is a good example of it.

It could be good, we could see more Survivor S1 style hijinx that there just isn't time for on survivor these days.

Clearly god tier host is Grant Bowler.
For years I was convinced him and Jeff were the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back