FTA-TV SPOILERS: Survivor: Second Chance S31

Remove this Banner Ad

ahh what a great season. the hunters becomes the hunted :$

Jeremy going to go all the way if they dont listen to Ciera and start hunting him down.

Also- re. the reward challenges. I reckon it's grossly unfair the left out person DOESNT go on reward.

I think it should be the other way round- bonus for not being picked you get to go on reward. And that way people will be pissed for getting picked.

And- they should show the picking of the teams too.

I could agree but it was Abi who missed out, so * it. She gets no reward :D

I just caught up on the whole series this week.

I'm really enjoying it - but it's annoying, confusing, and it borders on disrespectful that people are being referred to by their surnames. It's a minor gripe, but it's pissing me off.

I still have a slight crush on Cierra, I hope she wins... I doubt it's going to happen though.

I have plenty more thoughts about it. But I have a terrible memory, and I still don't actually remember peoples names until we're in the final 10 or so (made harder by the above complaint about using peoples surnames.)

I'm really enjoying it - but it's annoying, confusing, and it borders on disrespectful that people are being referred to by their surnames. It's a minor gripe, but it's pissing me off.

Out of curiosity, why do you find it disrespectful? I might be unaware of a certain social norm, but I have not considered this to be a problem hitherto.

Not sure who was behind the first Australian Survivor, but this one has the support of Probst and his team apparently.

I vaguely remember the first Australian Survivor. From memory ex-Hawthorn player Robert Dickson, that also did many awesome football doco's won.
Sadly the guy died in Africa or something a few years back in a car accident ? I think he wife was South African.

I vaguely remember the first Australian Survivor. From memory ex-Hawthorn player Robert Dickson, that also did many awesome football doco's won.
Sadly the guy died in Africa or something a few years back in a car accident ? I think he wife was South African.
Savage should be careful then.

just had a quick google
found it was a car accident in 2009
Football career
Dickson made his VFL debut with the Hawthorn Football Club in 1988 after being recruited from Morwell, Victoria. He was a fringe player for the Hawks who played in the midfield (at 180 cm and 75 kg), and spent a lot of time in the reserves side. He was selected as an emergencyfor the 1989 VFL Grand Final. He went on to play 17 games (kicking 12 goals) for Hawthorn in 3 seasons from 1988–1990. He then moved to the Brisbane Bears where he played for one season, in 1991. He played in the 1991 reserves premiership side for Brisbane (coached byRodney Eade).

Media career
In 2001 Dickson competed in the Australian reality TV show, Australian Survivor, where he made the final two against Sciona Browne, and won with a 5-2 vote.

Following his football career Dickson became a film director, directing the television documentaries The Passion to Play, Shane Crawford Exposed and The Essence of The Game, which was commissioned by the AFL to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the birth of Australian rules in 2009.[1]

Death
Dickson, 45 and his 5-year-old son Byron died in a car accident whilst on holiday in South Africa on 11 April 2009. Rob's oldest son Gabriel, 8, died on 15 April 2009 in the Unitas Hospital due to injuries sustained in the crash.[2][3]

I still have a slight crush on Cierra, I hope she wins... I doubt it's going to happen though.

I have plenty more thoughts about it. But I have a terrible memory, and I still don't actually remember peoples names until we're in the final 10 or so (made harder by the above complaint about using peoples surnames.)

I think majority of the players consider it an honour for Probst to call them by their surnames.

Isn't it a way to differentiate between two competitors with the same first name?
For the Kellys yeah but Stephen gets called Fishbach, then there's Savage as well.

Usually it's a term of endearment from Jeff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure that Spencer was wearing a shirt and Stephen was not. This would've slown Spencer down significantly.
Stephen didn't exactly have the most graceful entry into the water. It looked like he was a schoolboy being pushed in unknowingly by mates.

The way things are going, if Cierra or Wenthworth make it to the end, one of them will win it. Totally outwitting, outplaying and outlasting at the moment.

Isn't it a way to differentiate between two competitors with the same first name?
In part, but I think it's a Jeff Probst thing. When Jeff rocked up to Terry he said something like "Hi guys, it's Probst!" :D

In part, but I think it's a Jeff Probst thing. When Jeff rocked up to Terry he said something like "Hi guys, it's Probst!" :D

I think it started out as a natural endearment thing and then Cochran picked up on it and wanted the acknowledgement from Probst to be called by his last name like Colby et al and it's a been a bit more manufactured since.

Geez jeremy getting a 2nd idol and Fishbach getting an advantage... talk about having power in the game. I think Stephen definitely painted a target on his back getting the advantage though. Tasha will orchestrate something now and probably target Stephen. But as it stands i would be suprised if Jeremy didnt finish top 3 now. Spencer has the last 2 tribals voted for the wrong person, so he will be looking to take the initiative soon as well.

Really glad to see the major alliance get split in half though. Getting tired of hearing Fishbach talk about the "evolution" of survivor though. Its as though he thinks he is the centrepiece of the greatest game of chess ever held

Geez jeremy getting a 2nd idol and Fishbach getting an advantage... talk about having power in the game. I think Stephen definitely painted a target on his back getting the advantage though. Tasha will orchestrate something now and probably target Stephen. But as it stands i would be suprised if Jeremy didnt finish top 3 now. Spencer has the last 2 tribals voted for the wrong person, so he will be looking to take the initiative soon as well.

Really glad to see the major alliance get split in half though. Getting tired of hearing Fishbach talk about the "evolution" of survivor though. Its as though he thinks he is the centrepiece of the greatest game of chess ever held

Spencer definitely voted for Wigglesworth. The end credits where they show who voted for who were deceiving as Spencer wrote down Kelley Wi on his parchment.

Stephen didn't exactly have the most graceful entry into the water. It looked like he was a schoolboy being pushed in unknowingly by mates.

The way things are going, if Cierra or Wenthworth make it to the end, one of them will win it. Totally outwitting, outplaying and outlasting at the moment.

giphy.gif

Not sure that getting yourself into the bottom alliance and then being used as pawns in the majority's blindsides because you're too useless to be considered a thread should be considered outwitting and outplaying.

Wentworth at least made the idol play at the right time. Ciera's entire gameplan at the moment revolves around saying "Make a move! I'm on the bottom and I don't like it!" The same as every single person on the bottom ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back