Survivor Series 2014

I can't explain how much I would mark out if this happened.

He doesn't even need to change his character, would be perfect as a heel.

It would be cool but then would defeat the whole purpose of having the match. However that is WWE logic.

Makes as much sense as having Big Show turn

Perhaps but during the first segment of Team Cena I was wondering who will turn and pretty much sat on Big Show for it. Wasn't surprising to me at all.

Perhaps but during the first segment of Team Cena I was wondering who will turn and pretty much sat on Big Show for it. Wasn't surprising to me at all.

Not surprising... but as for making any sense?

Not surprising... but as for making any sense?

When has Big Show ever been trustworthy, seems to always turn. Sense or no sense... ;)

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
And that says a lot for being able to use your absence to build hype.

This probably belongs in the "unpopular opinions" thread - but hype is really all Sting is. If it weren't for his matches with Ric Flair no one would know who he was, because while he had some good matches with guys like Vader, Cactus Jack and Barry Windham, he would have been completely insignificant if it weren't for the Flair match(es).

He then caught on with a hot angle as The Crow at the right time (ie. when WCW needed a saviour) - but I defy you to find me even a 4 star match that he had as The Crow Sting. And none of that happens without Flair anyway.

Yes, it was Flair's job to make new stars, and you could probably say the same about plenty of other guys, who were only really relevant when they were with Flair.

But the Sting hype train just drives me insane, because Steve Borden himself has driven it for so long.

For a long time ive found sting (and the clash 1 match) highly overrated. I think easily his best matches (not including wargames) and best performances were against vader. Possibly the best underdog babyface vs monster heel matches ever

as well as the dearth of quality matches, with the exception of the beginning of the character until starrcade 97 (granted, a pretty long time), ive just never found crow sting very interesting.

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Just watched the show then and Ziggler's superman effort was so stupid it detracted from everything else that went on.. At the very least Ziggler should've swapped places with Ryback, even then it still would've looked ridiculous. Did Ziggler even hit a move on Harper or did he just roll him up? If you enjoyed this match you have no right to complain about Cena matches ever again. At least Cena looks like he could beat up three men. Was just laughable in the end and totally detracted from Sting's return.

Also nothing good happened on this show. It's almost as if they were giving this one away for free.

I can't explain how much I would mark out if this happened.

He doesn't even need to change his character, would be perfect as a heel.

Better then the Crap they actually put up

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Never watched WCW in my life and still marked the **** out over String!

Overall an average PPV that was saved by the last twenty minutes and by god that was a good twenty minutes.

I know this is nitpicking but I don't understand the logic behind having 3-1 in the Authority's favor and not trying to get Ziggler counted out when he was already down and out. I know from an entertaining perspective that's boring but I like booking to be logical. They can get away with it if it's 3-1 in the faces favor because they win the honorable way but not when the heels are out in front. End nitpicking.
i was thinking the exact same thing. Just beat the crap out of him outside the ring, get a double clunt out and win. Would get good heat.

Had a feeling it was gonna be Sheamus

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Watch the Elimination Chamber match from NYR 2006. Cena was getting booed.
You misinterpret, you said if it was Cena doing what Dolph was doing now your heads would explode, to which I responded yes my head would explode if it was Cena in place of Dolph because Cena has been doing that same Superman thing for a decade whereas Dolph has not.

Baird

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
You misinterpret, you said if it was Cena doing what Dolph was doing now your heads would explode, to which I responded yes my head would explode if it was Cena in place of Dolph because Cena has been doing that same Superman thing for a decade whereas Dolph has not.
Cena doing it for a decade is irrelevant because he was getting booed for his booking as early as 05/06.

The difference between Cena being the underdog and Dolph being the underdog is that Dolph can actually play the part
This exactly.

For a lot of those near falls, you would have believed it if Ziggler didn't kick out. But if Cena was there? You wouldn't have been nearly as engrossed because you knew he would kick out.

Back