Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
I know this probably does come from a little bit of gloating on my part

BUT

In light of what has happened in the last 3 years, the time has surely come for the operation of ASADA to be reviewed by a Government Inquiry or indeed be directly reformed by the Minister for Sport Sussan Ley.

There can be no doubt that the length of the investigation and the lack of powers in terms of forcing testimony need to be looked at and with the utmost haste, so that ASADA can do it's job properly from here on in.

BUT

In light of what has happened in the last 3 years, the time has surely come for the operation of ASADA to be reviewed by a Government Inquiry or indeed be directly reformed by the Minister for Sport Sussan Ley.

There can be no doubt that the length of the investigation and the lack of powers in terms of forcing testimony need to be looked at and with the utmost haste, so that ASADA can do it's job properly from here on in.

The liberal party said it was a witch hunt from day one, now there in government you don't think there might have been some behind the scene deal. It's a win for the afl and the government, weather it is a win for football I don't no but heard on the radio that Lance is thinking of becoming an Aussie :rolleyes:

BUT

Just rack it up as another stunt by the incompetent Gillard government, hey pazza?

Just rack it up as another stunt by the incompetent Gillard government, hey pazza?
Are you being ironic?

The time between the announcement and now has proven that there were a bunch of players interacting with party drugs, performance-enhancing drugs and the criminal underworld, in the major football codes (remember the fixing that happened at Southern Stars), alongside the very strong evidence of borderline behaviour associated with Dank. I've never understood the argument that the sports-loving public shouldn't have been told.

Nothing will happen until the dust has settled and the whole supplements saga is actually finished with pazza so you might have to wait a while yet until the appeals are done with. If ASADA appeal and win then everything takes on a whole different look.

Was reading the Herald-Sun and the Senate is already pushing for an inquiry in to the organisation so it appears there's a bit going on.

Was reading the Herald-Sun and the Senate is already pushing for an inquiry in to the organisation so it appears there's a bit going on.
Is the senate pushing for it or the Herald-Sun, me thinks the latter.

The speed at which the Senate moves on enquiries means that the appeals process will probably be over before they begin anyway.

ASADA has had a clean out at the top anyway recently so I'd rather sit back and see what they do over the next 6 months.

The one thing I will bet is that if you're on the Essendon or Collingwood lists expect some out of competition wake up calls at 6 am as ASADA come knocking on your front door over the next few months.

Last edited:
It's funny how these things go exactly as you expected them too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pazza playing the OJ Simpson role perfectly.

Is the senate pushing for it or the Herald-Sun, me thinks the latter.

The speed at which the Senate moves on enquiries means that the appeals process will probably be over before they begin anyway.

ASADA has had a clean out at the top anyway recently so I'd rather sit back and see what they do over the next 6 months.

The one thing I will bet is that if you're on the Essendon or Collingwood lists expect some out of competition wake up calls at 6 am as ASADA come knocking on your front door over the next few months.

If it is the HUN that pisshead Robbo won't be behind it that's for sure given his love for James Turd.

So what is the issue ? Dont bother investigating something obviously going on and just let it fester ?

Or be given more powers to address it ?

Surely we dont believe it is some big old conspiracy against poor little Essendon ?

Note that the ones pushing this conspiracy theory usually have great disdain for conspiracy theorists ?

Bolt is at the head of the line, if you want a real laugh have a look at his take today

Bolt is at the head of the line, if you want a real laugh have a look at his take today
Had a quick look:
The Australian Crime Commission, Clare announced, had just produced a report with findings that were “shocking and will disgust Australian sports fans”. It had found “the use of prohibited substances including peptides, hormones and illicit drugs is widespread among professional athletes” .

“We’re talking about multiple athletes across a number of codes. We’re talking about a number of teams,” thundered Clare.
Has anything since Jan 2013 disproved any of that?

He thinks it was all a distraction. Because remember how everyone got distracted from the issues and voted Labor back in at the 2013 election? Remember how there wasn't an on-going reminder of poor administration everyday in the media to help create fatigue as the Liberals repeatedly claimed Labor was also overseeing poorly administrated bureaucracy and policy?

And because Bolt is completely disingenuous he then argues that Labor wanting the 'distraction' to finish quickly to help with re-election. What? So they didn't want the distraction? Then why did they talk it up as a distraction...?

Maybe Labor actually thought the report was bad seeing as sport is a huge part of our culture; maybe they were happy to help the Feds and ASADA in trying to flush out more info and scare the major football codes into getting more disciplined, and maybe then wanted to get a result quickly when ASADA dragged their feet in the hope of getting more evidence (which it seems they failed to do).

Oh, but I must be biased to believe all those perfectly-sensible reasons for their actions, rather than the conspiracy theories that blame Labor for everything and ignore the revelations and actions taken since their announcement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back