Injury Swan out for month (was "... battling heel and wrist issues, Body all banged up")

SpongePie

Premium Platinum
Feb 14, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
He is going to smashing the Melbourne night scene for the next month. Dealers around the city will be making a fortune :D

<3 ya Swanny.

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gee... a lot of medical people post in the forum. I used to work in a hospital for a couple of years but I didnt do any patient stuff.... does that mean I can have an opinion on this?

well it seems to me that not all injuries require surgery. A sore foot might need rest Presti had plantar fascitis which didnt allow him to run on the track. You can get injections for it but it doesnt cure it 100%. Running around in a game isnt going to be painful but wont do longterm damage.

Buckley's comments about Swan being professional etc would support the presence of an injury that causes pain but isnt fixed by missing games.

I have had plantar issues on and off for years and in my case I was able to do pretty much anything with it. I could still run & jump but it would give some pain but it was mostly an issue in the mornings after waking up. For the first hour after waking I could hardly walk and then it would get better to the point that by midday I didn't notice it unless I was running or jumping. Advice I got was that rest won't help.. got given some exercises to do, anti inflams and that was it. For me it lasts 2-4 months and is recurring. So Swannie playing being allowed to play through it is no surprise and him having this rest is very optional I think.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I have had plantar issues on and off for years and in my case I was able to do pretty much anything with it. I could still run & jump but it would give some pain but it was mostly an issue in the mornings after waking up. For the first hour after waking I could hardly walk and then it would get better to the point that by midday I didn't notice it unless I was running or jumping. Advice I got was that rest won't help.. got given some exercises to do, anti inflams and that was it. For me it lasts 2-4 months and is recurring. So Swannie playing being allowed to play through it is no surprise and him having this rest is very optional I think.

Actually I was making a guess that Swan had plantar issues. However, if you look at his media interview, he actually says that he has actually done damage to those ligaments......so it tends to support my argument and also show that I am a fabulously knowledgeable contributor to the forum. If anyone wants any assistance with their life issues, feel free to message me. My rates are reasonable.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually I was making a guess that Swan had plantar issues. However, if you look at his media interview, he actually says that he has actually done damage to those ligaments......so it tends to support my argument and also show that I am a fabulously knowledgeable contributor to the forum. If anyone wants any assistance with their life issues, feel free to message me. My rates are reasonable.
Its so refreshing having insightful people like yourself and Bring_Back_Brad on BF. Your knowledge is invaluable and I give both of you the big :thumbsu:
I do have a problem you can help me with but it is not a life issue, just a general query.
Could you please explain why abbreviation is such a long word

Swan and Young got told home truths by the playing group at their meetings yesterday apparently

To be honest I don't believe it

Why these two over blokes like Blair, Toovey, Grundy, Cloke, White, doesn't make sense we have had some shocking players this year

I actually would be annoyed if Swan got pulled up in front of team mates we know his injured Whats ******* Tooveys excuse?

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood

Why these two over blokes like Blair, Toovey, Grundy, Cloke, White, doesn't make sense we have had some shocking players this year

I actually would be annoyed if Swan got pulled up in front of team mates we know his injured Whats ******* Tooveys excuse?
Good point BEEG if the playing group had a word to him about his performance.
The way I interpreted was that maybe they told him he has to have a rest and get his body fit. He probably insisted on continuing and they told him he needs to get himself right.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watched him closely on the weekend (simply because we were getting smashed) and he was moving fine. Didnt look in any discomfort and the wheels were pumping. Thought he was actually one of our better players on the day.

Stuff this cotton wool crap. The season isn't over yet.

Good luck with your new career as club doctor

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood

I would dare say every player was given some home truths. Inclusive of Swan and Young. I highly doubt it was just those 2....but then I would be just as surprised if they weren't on the end of some feedback after 2 weeks.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Its so refreshing having insightful people like yourself and Bring_Back_Brad on BF. Your knowledge is invaluable and I give both of you the big :thumbsu:
I do have a problem you can help me with but it is not a life issue, just a general query.
Could you please explain why abbreviation is such a long word

Sorry ...inappropriate deployment of a question unrelated to the substantial issues designated for this thread. Further inquiries pertaining to your issue may cause sudden and unexplained ( or surreptitiously curtailed ) withdrawl of your access privileges to the forum....

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry ...inappropriate deployment of a question unrelated to the substantial issues designated for this thread. Further inquiries pertaining to your issue may cause sudden and unexplained ( or surreptitiously curtailed ) withdrawl of your access privileges to the forum....
Well said but I think all your fancy writing was a vain attempt to try to mask the fact that you couldn't answer the question :)

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Round 21 is such an "odd" time to return, we have Brisbane at the G, the easiest game we have left, and by then we will probably know if we are a chance of playing finals or not.

Personally I don't think we'll see him again this year unless we head into round 21 inside or on the edge of the 8.

I think they've finally realised it needs some rest or it's gotten worse hence the time off. Probably needs a game or two to get back into form before Hawks and finals if we make it. Thus agree that if we aren't a chance of making finals by then than we probably won't see Swan again this year.

Send him to Arizona and get him right for our tilt at the flag.

Yeah, good idea, he can hang out here with deltablues , Arizona and me.

Dunno how 'right' he'd be for a tilt at the flag though :oops:

Yeah, good idea, he can hang out here with deltablues , Arizona and me.

Dunno how 'right' he'd be for a tilt at the flag though :oops:

Ah yes, Arizona, last Sunday was his first Pies game (via live stream presumably), while reading the game day thread. What fun for him. NOT!!!

Hang in there Arizona, new poster and Pies fan, it does get better. A lot better. Hopefully as soon as next week against the Crows.

Aug 15, 2009
The Devil's personal coke roadie
AFL Club
Collingwood

Well there is just one thing before you go... I've got this
sort of downy hair developing on my chest -- is that normal? Also, I get
so lonely and confused. I've written a poem about it; maybe you'll under-
stand. "Why do nice girls hate me? Why..."

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Well there is just one thing before you go... I've got this
sort of downy hair developing on my chest -- is that normal? Also, I get
so lonely and confused. I've written a poem about it; maybe you'll under-
stand. "Why do nice girls hate me? Why..."

1. waxing
2. get nastier and/or richer

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
"Tally ho, my fine saucy young trollop! Trip along here with all your cash and some naughty night attire, and you'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling from now until Christmas, you lucky tart! Yours, with the deepest respect etc. Signed, Reyk. P.S. Woof, woof!"

hmmm... i can see why you got the problem with girls. I suggest short term lease arrangements..

This comment from Doc Larkins scares the life out of me "The Pies have decided Swan will undergo conservative treatment rather than surgery and he will benefit from three to four weeks unloading, but there is still some risk his heel pain may recur"
How many times have we gone down the conservative path only for it to back fire and they end up needing surgery anyway?

DERKADERRR

All Australian
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
This comment from Doc Larkins scares the life out of me "The Pies have decided Swan will undergo conservative treatment rather than surgery and he will benefit from three to four weeks unloading, but there is still some risk his heel pain may recur"
How many times have we gone down the conservative path only for it to back fire and they end up needing surgery anyway?
Don't listen to doc larkins, all he does is speculate on what an injury is because there is no way he can get access to the actual information. I'm not a fan of him anyways, I remember a while ago he said that pendles had a serious knee injury and would miss a lot of weeks, nek minnit didn't miss a game.

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U

Doc Larkins. Enuff said.

You ever notice that when a Geelong player is injured he always tries to talk it down. Yet when a Collingwood player has a injury it's always worse case scenario from him.

Guy is a flog.

Back