List Mgmt. Swans Best 22 for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the best 22 is pretty much as mentioned. Dont think there will be too many surprises come round one. But what will be interesting will be who will make up the emergencies.
Heeney, Jones, Derickx and Laidler are probably the next best available but so many could push for a senior spot.

We clearly have the depth to get to the finals but only our best 22 will get us through the finals. Player management will be key and last year was a vast improvement on 2013.

Brandon Jack. Where the hell are you ? Go and grab a position and make it yours before you slide into obscurity, remembered only as 'Kieran's brother'.

Pardon the intrusion, but how do you guys see Heeney actually fitting in to your B22 this year if at all? I think you guys are probably the only side in the league, including the Hawks, where he wouldn't be close to a walk up start in round 1. I dont think its ever as simple to say Malcho out and someone else straight in - and I'd obviously have a fully fit Mitchell and a shuffling of deck chairs the most likely scenario if you did.

I get the feeling he won't come in until mid year at best, but what do you guys think?? Great talent though!

Pardon the intrusion, but how do you guys see Heeney actually fitting in to your B22 this year if at all? I think you guys are probably the only side in the league, including the Hawks, where he wouldn't be close to a walk up start in round 1. I dont think its ever as simple to say Malcho out and someone else straight in - and I'd obviously have a fully fit Mitchell and a shuffling of deck chairs the most likely scenario if you did.

I get the feeling he won't come in until mid year at best, but what do you guys think?? Great talent though!
Assuming everyone is fit mitchell will more than likely come in for malceski.

If jetta, lloyd, mitchell, Bird or Shaw dont perform early in the season expect to see Heeney debut in the early rounds if reserves form warrants it. Another couple of kids zac jones, who debuted last year, and george hewitt will also be in line for a seniors spot.

How are things down at glenferrie? What changes if any are you expecting?

A few times the Swans have named kids as fly away emergencies to get them around a team environment for a weekend. Hewett and possibly another flew to WCE last year off memory. Perhaps Heeney will start there. Would think Jones would be unlucky as would Mitchell if they get leap frogged straight away by Heeney.

Midfield/half forward/half back getting into the side will probably be in this order:
Mitchell > Jones > Towers > Hewitt > Heeny

Horse loves Towers so can see him getting a few goes next year

Cheers. You would even throw Perris in there too with a propper injury-free preseason? I love what you guys are doing with the academy. Mills next year after these guys is daylight robbery for a premiership contender.

Jealous as a hawk supporter. Our ability to contend in the future will depend on getting a Heeney-type or two to take over the lost star power as Mitchell and Hodge pull up stumps. Normally it's insanely hard to get those matchwinning types finishing where Sydney/Hawks do. Anderson and JOR could be it for us. But Mills/Heeney/Dunkley/Perris(?) are almost garaunteed to outshine them.

Good luck next season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not aiming or caring to meet your expectation to be honest. Id suggest not having a go at people with backhanded remarks. That's childish.

I rather have people post based on fact rather than misinformation. No issue having an opinion regarding Jetta (which others do share) but at least make sure sure your judgement isn't clouded like another (grumpy) poster who holds the same opinion regarding Jetta with incorrect information. Thats my issue, not the opinion itself.

My understanding is Jetta has never been a great "trainer" as such and not coincidently the year he spent running with Jack was his breakout one. Happy to be told I am wrong with this.

Obviously 2013 was a injury write off and with 2014 I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt coming back from a year off.

If he is injury free this year I truly hope he performs. There are not many like him ion the game and he is special.

Personally I couldn't give a stuff how they "train" as long as they play well but, through anecdote and evidence both personal and observed, the better you train the luckier you get in your chosen field so cross fingers and I hope he nails it this year.

Mickey O was never a great "trainer" but I'd take him in our fwd line any day of the week....

As you say MarkP, it's all about how they perform on game day, in the heat of battle does he give his all? That kinda stuff. I believe to make it to that level of competition you'd have to have worked particularly bloody hard just to make it there let alone make a few seasons of consistant seniors footy like Jets has.

We aren't in the rooms or coaches meetings so we have no idea what they want out of Jetta. I could just as easily say I reckon the coaches & fitness gurus told him to hold back. How do we know otherwise? Who's to say he's not then completing training perfectly as expected? We just don't know. I'm sure if he was as lazy and useless as some on here make out he wouldn't be anywhere near senior selection or at our club.

I'm giving Jets the benefit of the doubt.

I'm giving Jets the benefit of the doubt.
As I think we all should. He did some good things last year and from memory only had the 1 truly horrible game (where most of the team did as well). If he has more games like that during the year, he can go to the reserves for a while

As I think we all should. He did some good things last year and from memory only had the 1 truly horrible game (where most of the team did as well). If he has more games like that during the year, he can go to the reserves for a while
And that's where he should be starting

You're being as truthful about Jets' performances as Abbott is about his own.

Personally, I have a feeling he might be right about Jetta, though naturally I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Perhaps he might be like our last premiership player to wear #32, a good player who only had one or two really good seasons in him. Anyway, we shall see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back