List Mgmt. Swans Best 22 for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Jetta having a poor 3k time trial doesn't surprise me. He's built for speed not for distance. If he was anywhere near the leaders I'd question why they were training him to be a distance runner.

Jetta having a poor 3k time trial doesn't surprise me. He's built for speed not for distance. If he was anywhere near the leaders I'd question why they were training him to be a distance runner.

Pretty much this.

I would want to know Jetta's 3K Time compared to say last year and maybe even the two years before that until I judged his "performance". Only the time matters, not the position or how they looked while running it. Basing anything on a time trial is just asking for trouble without context to previous years and any possible factors involved (injury and differences in training loads).

How does a player who kicked 45 goals and was stiff to miss out on AA just 2yrs ago end up like this?

:(

Injuries in 2013 leading to 2014 and a change in role. 2012 Jetta is different to 2014 Jetta due to the fact they play different positions/roles but are considered to be doing the same damn thing. See S120 post for a better explanation.

Personally, I have a feeling he might be right about Jetta, though naturally I hope I'm wrong.

It is difficult to follow his logic at the best of times, but he has consistently harped on about 'getting his head over ball'. 2012, Jets' best year, he never put his head over the ball. So, my question is, do we want him to put his head over the ball to appease the 'don't tell me I know boats brigade' or do we want him to play his best footy?

It is difficult to follow his logic at the best of times, but he has consistently harped on about 'getting his head over ball'. 2012, Jets' best year, he never put his head over the ball. So, my question is, do we want him to put his head over the ball to appease the 'don't tell me I know boats brigade' or do we want him to play his best footy?

Do you understand the concept of an outlier? Jets had an exceptional year in 2012, but in many ways that year wasn't the norm. He was the leading goalkicker in a team that didn't have a dominant forward. I thought he did ok this year playing a different role as others have said, but that doesn't mean there aren't areas in his game that he can improve. What is so hard to follow about that?

Interesting would of ended up with a ~30 goal season playing a entirely different role.
Think people wouldn't have cared about his year but still be pissed about his GF. We had 3 guys kick 30 or more goals this year. We should have 5-6 next year.

Do you understand the concept of an outlier? Jets had an exceptional year in 2012, but in many ways that year wasn't the norm. He was the leading goalkicker in a team that didn't have a dominant forward. I thought he did ok this year playing a different role as others have said, but that doesn't mean there aren't areas in his game that he can improve. What is so hard to follow about that?

Do you understand the concept of outlier?
By your logic we should be deriding Ted because his goal kicking is ordinary, or Mighty Mouse because his tap ruck work is useless.
Jets has been made to sacrifice his goal kicking for his delivery into forward 50, to the benefit of the team.
He has been moved closer to stoppages and gets derided for supposedly not putting his head over the ball.
IMO much of the criticism directed at Jets is because of his laconic style and therefore unjustified.
Contrary to popular belief I don't think his value to the team was any different in 2012 to what it was in 2014.
Does he have things to work on? Who doesn't?

FB. Ted Richards, Heath Grundy, Nick Smith

HB. Dane Rampe, Sam Reid, Jarrad McVeigh

CE. Dan Hannerbery, Tom Mitchell, Lewis Jetta

HF. Keiran Jack, Lance Franklin, Ben McGlynn

FF. Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett, Harry Cunningham

RU. Mike Pyke, Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker

INT. Jake Lloyd, Craig Bird, Gary Rohan
SUB. Dean Towers

EME. Isaac Heeney, Zac Jones, Toby Nankervis

----
That's what I'd do. To start the season anyway.
If Reid isn't tried in the backline, the match committee must find a few games to throw to Aliir or X Richards.

Had a go at a side in five years.

Jones, Aliir, Alex Johnson
Rampe, X Richards, Towers
Hewett, Mitchell, Hanners
Rohan, Reid, Heeney
Jetta, Nankervis, Franklin
Naismith, Mills, Parker

Kennedy, Lloyd, Cunningham, Dunkley

The mids look great. Just gotta hope the talls go with them.

Do you understand the concept of outlier?
By your logic we should be deriding Ted because his goal kicking is ordinary, or Mighty Mouse because his tap ruck work is useless.
Jets has been made to sacrifice his goal kicking for his delivery into forward 50, to the benefit of the team.
He has been moved closer to stoppages and gets derided for supposedly not putting his head over the ball.
IMO much of the criticism directed at Jets is because of his laconic style and therefore unjustified.
Contrary to popular belief I don't think his value to the team was any different in 2012 to what it was in 2014.

That's all fine, but I'm baffled as to how you came up with the sentence in bold from what I wrote - classic strawman, don't twist other people's words for the sake of your own argument. I said I thought he was ok. We are covering old ground.

HAMMER.NAIL.HEAD. :thumbsu:

I think Jetta has done his best work on the outside, in space. I like to see him carry the ball 50m before delivering it another 50m. At his best, this is what he has done. In 2014 he was closer to the contest and when he had the ball, looked up the ground and kicked it. The positive is that these kicks were often the right choice. I think the shin splints have a lot to do with the decline since 2012 and the different role he has played.

When it comes to criticism, I don't recall many suggesting he "put his head over the ball," he isn't the right build for it. Rather, the issue has more often been raised that he doesn't work hard enough to chase and man up when the opposition has the ball.

Despite his awful Grand Final, he still has a place in the team next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta polarises Swans supporters views on his worth to the team. A speedy squib is always going to have
positives and negatives. His negatives are magnified by the fact that he plays in a team that prides itself
on work ethic, hardness at the man and the ball and above all else an honest selfless attitude. His Work ethic is arguable unless he is on the end of it, Hardness at the man and the ball is null and void which would make it very difficult to say he has an honest selfless attitude. So in summary I am Jack of people making excuses for blokes like him and Reid being on Longmire's protected species list.

He didn't squib the Grand Final, unlike some others. He took some hits, got physical and, um, as a result, he was useless to us.

Very little info being released concerning preseason. Hard to guess if best 22 rejuvination is on the cards or not. Will be good to see the Swans take the field again soon.
i doubt they would release this much this side of the new year.

Very little info being released concerning preseason. Hard to guess if best 22 rejuvination is on the cards or not.
The one article so far has been about the great condition Rhyce Shaw is in, a blow to all those here that want him dropped.

The one article so far has been about the great condition Rhyce Shaw is in, a blow to all those here that want him dropped.

I genuinely don't know if this post implies that you want him in the side and are happy that the media department at the club which is as one eyed as any other club's is talking him up, or if you're skeptical about what they're writing and sarcastically celebrating his "strong pre-season form".

You're a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a vest.

I genuinely don't know if this post implies that you want him in the side and are happy that the media department at the club which is as one eyed as any other club's is talking him up, or if you're skeptical about what they're writing and sarcastically celebrating his "strong pre-season form".

You're a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a vest.
I'm surprised, I will try to be blunter/more obvious. I like Rhyce Shaw - good leadership, takes the game on. Disagreed when many here wanted him dropped for 'youth'. Media department sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back