List Mgmt. Swans board trade period discussion: Part 2 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

What bloody nonsense.
He can't stay on the rookie list, we haven't upgraded him, we re-signed Shaw what's Biggs supposed to do?

Well according to all and sundrie on here Shaw is finished so his spot is up for grabs isn't it ? Btw I could not give a flying **** weather you regard it as nonsense or not.
Regardless Biggs is run of the mill anyway. Depth player at best.

Top 4 (delistings not included)

Hawthorn
In: Frawley, O'Rourke
Out: Hallahan, Sewell

Port
In: Ryder
Out: Cassisi

Norf
In: Waite, Higgins
Out: Greenwood

Sydney
In:
Out: Malceski, Membrey, Biggs, Roberts-Thomson

Hawthorn

Port

Norf

Sydney
In:

Need to punch a wall rising.

Hawthorn

Port

Norf

Sydney
In:

I don't really count any of Membrey, Biggs, LRT or ROK as bad losses. They played in a combined 10 or so games last year in seniors and I think we can replace that output and depth from elsewhere on the list. The loss of Malceski is enormous though and that alone puts us at a disadvantage relative to the other 3 teams that made the prelim finals and what they did over the trade period.

semantics, just pointing out all is not lost.
There's a reason the "Top 4" was linked to "traded/FA players" - because those are the clubs that are currently the best, and more interested in immediate performance than 18 year old draftees. I could do a feature on GWS if we want the topic to change to "which clubs killed the acquisition of draft picks".

You forgot O'Keefe
Delisted: http://www.afl.com.au/news/features/retirements-and-delistings

semantics, just pointing out all is not lost.

No it is not semantics.

It has never been about everything being lost.

But like the one armed paper-hanger the job becomes a lot more problematic and prone to errors that are hard to fix. That's the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd suggest that all things considered we've been totally screwed over. Banned from trading and losing Biggs and Membrey for squat. Good grief!

Farking reamed plan and simple but not totally our fault.

Lost players that were pushing for seniors and we have developed for * all.

Good top end talent but our depth is purely kids , lets hope we get a few mature age recruits.

Shaw , Goodes on last legs and declining backline and the loss of an All Aus HB in Mal.

Get an injury to Ted/Reg and XR is next best atm

Ryder is a huge get and is Frawley.

I hope Heeney shits on all off them picks

I hope Heeney shits on all off them picks
I hope he doesn't play a single game in 2015 to retain some tiny shred of hope that we can get Mills. If Heeney plays and dominates, we will definitely lose him.

Last year from the team that won the GF v Freo Hawthorn lost Franklin, Guerra & Bailey, plus Ellis, Osborne and Savage.
They traded in McEvoy (oh and drafted Gartlett with pick 38).
Team didn't do too bad in 2014.

Swings and roundabouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back