Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys and girls I thought I'd finally take the time and introduce myself ...

Name: Glenn

Swans fan since: 1992

Favourite Swan: Paul Kelly

Favourite Current Swan: Adam Goodes

Favourite: Moment: it's a tie! Leo Barry in 2005 GF and Nick Malceski in 2012 GF both seen live!

Passions outside Swans: Travelling to all ends of the earth to experience the many cultures and sights that this magnificent planet has to over

So a little bit about me, I was born and bred in Western Sydney right in the heart of what is claimed as "Giants land" which is probably the reason why I despise them so much. Now I'm living in Perth, have been here for last 11 years and for all the ladies yes I'm single ;).

Obviously growing up in Western Sydney I played league on weekends and rugby at school and never really followed AFL until 1992 when the company I worked for at the time obtained a corporate box at the SCG, no one ever wanted to entertain at Swans games so me being me (free beer & food) I thought why not and the rest as they say is history!

As for now, I'm General Manager of Logistics Company so I spend quite a bit of time travelling the globe (probably why single) which in my mind I am living the perfect life cause I get paid to do something I love. Obviously the downside is I don't get to attend as many games as I wish I could but big footy definitely keeps me informed if not entertained especially the weekly podcast has kept me company during long airport layovers.

Hopefully this year will be able to make the pilgrimage to the MCG on the last Saturday in September and get the opportunity to meet many of the personalities of the BF Swans board.

Cheers and best wishes to all! :thumbsu:

Glenn aka westcoastswan

I'm Bungee and I'm a right bastard who enjoys winding up other posters. I like sex, afternoons and penguins. I have a dog called Licky and a squirrel called Marvin who wears a cape and red underpants. My favourite colour is rainbow. I like to eat unsalted butter, parsnips and freshly fertilised fish eggs. I once lived in Tasmania, where I briefly made sense. My art teacher said I was colour blind. What a load of crap.

I support Sydney because I like the colour blue.

I'm Bungee and I'm a right bastard who enjoys winding up other posters. I like sex, afternoons and penguins. I have a dog called Licky and a squirrel called Marvin who wears a cape and red underpants. My favourite colour is rainbow. I like to eat unsalted butter, parsnips and freshly fertilised fish eggs. I once lived in Tasmania, where I briefly made sense. My art teacher said I was colour blind. What a load of crap.

I support Sydney because I like the colour blue.

Given that Sydney is a city in Australia, how many carrots does the nation of Chad produce yearly?

Given that Sydney is a city in Australia, how many carrots does the nation of Chad produce yearly?
I reported this as inappropriate. Chad doesn't produce carrots. Expect a red card.

Whats up guys? I'm Nick, recently just moved from onsite to an office job and found myself with a fair chunk of time up my sleeve and discovered bigfooty. Thank god. My support for the Swans comes from as far back as my great grandfather/mother who, obviously, followed South Melbourne. Their support followed down to my Grandad and Grandma, onto my Dad, who coincidentally wound up working for the Swans in the 80's as their Phys Ed Coach & Runner - converted his then girlfriend who later became my Mum before marriage (vital), then onto me. I'm 25 and having a mad Swans supporter for a Dad meant I've been a member of the club for over 20 years, had my name put up on the Member Milestone Wall at the SCG last year I believe. Being a full AFL Member means I've been one of the lucky few who's seen the 2005 & 2012 Premierships live in the flesh (unfortunately 1996 & 2006 as well). 2012 GF for me turned out to be the greatest day of my life, I lost my Grandad during the week leading up to the first final in Adelaide, his departing song of course was 'Cheer Cheer' for his beloved Bloods, the whole week leading up to the Adelaide final was probably the hardest time our family has had to endure, during that week there'd be crazy coincidences such as a 5000 odd song iPod on shuffle playing Cheer Cheer about 6 times in the space of 4 hours, the boys getting up over the Crows brought the first laughter and smiles back to our faces since the day he passed earlier in the week. On we went to mission impossible: Collingwood at ANZ. The hoodoo was broken! I remember after the game driving home from watching at a mates place blaring Cheer Cheer the whole way. We were in a Grand Final! The week leading up to that game was the most nervous I'd been in my entire life. Up against the best team of 2012, on their home deck, on the last week in September. Driving to the game with my Dad, discussing ways of how we could win & how we shut down Buddy, the omen struck. Cheer Cheer starts playing on the iPod shuffle for what was probably the 10th time in as many days. That game was agonizing, I can't imagine what the players were going through, the both of us were on the edge of cardiac arrest. Then it happened, Malceski takes possession, throws it onto his shoe and sends it about 50m into the air. I truly believe to this day Grandad was up there guiding that ball through the sticks, saying his thank you to a club that gave him some of his greatest joys in life. His Bloods were home. His job was done. Now he can rest. One of my fondest memories of him was at the beginning of his illness at the 2005 GF, after the siren he burst into tears saying he never thought he'd live to see another Swans Premiership. His dream was fulfilled and 2012 was his thank you. The feeling I felt when that siren sounded in 2012 will never be beaten, that day was the single greatest day of my short life. The whole thing was something out of a movie script, we couldn't actually believe they'd won, the team wouldn't know, but they'd won it for him. That's what the Bloods are about. Only his old South Melbourne Swans could have a story like this. After many celebratory drinks it was around 6-7am and time to call it, when of course, no other comes on the ipod dock.. than Cheer Cheer.

And that's that, that's my Swans story. This club is special, whenever people ask who I support in footy I never feel quite as proud as I do when to say I'm a Swans supporter.

Looking forward to talking s**t about my great passion in life with you lot!

Bobby Kirk Kelly are my 3 favourite Swans
I am A Melbourne Swans supporter
I began following the Swans back in the 60's when I would go with my father & uncle to watch South Melbourne at the old lakeside oval standing under the scoreboard in the outer.
I grew up in a street surrounded by magpie supporters and suffered all through school with being the easybeat side in the VFL. My favourite memory from the early days was being there when we played Collingwood at the Lakeside oval in 1970 when, with Len Smith coaching us, we pulled off the impossible and beat them by 1 point with McKenna taking a mark after the siren. It was heaven!
When the Swans moved to Sydney I swore I would not follow them but here were the same players I idolised such as Barry Round, Mark Bayes, Ricky Quade & Mark Browning on TV each Sunday & they were winning!
I continued to follow the Swans through the highs & lows of the 80's and then my son was born in the late 80's. My wife said he should not be forced to follow an interstate football team so a Bombers jumper was purchased and I contemplated taking him along to see the Bombers as we live within a Buddy Franklin drop punt of Windy Hill even though my heart was not in it. The 90's and Plugger arrived and I would spend Sundays cheering on the big bloke with my son coming into the room wanting to know what a PLUGGA was. Over time he became enthralled with Plugga and before long he had lost all interest in the Bombers, (much to my wife's disgust) and a Swans jumper was purchased.
I have said on this site before. I followed the Swans for over 7 years to see the Swans play in a final, 1970, then a further 26 years to see them in a Grand final, 1996 and then finally 9 years later a premiership in 2005. I was lucky enough to be able to go to the 96,05,06 & 12 Grand Finals and my son joined me at the 05, 06 & 12 Grand Finals. The feeling in 05 was relief, that finally the drought was broken, (although from where we were sitting in the pocket on the opposite side of the ground to Leo's mark it was a sea of blue & yellow jumpers and I thought we were about to have victory snatched from us), 06 was bad but at least I knew we had one in the bag. 2012 was the year that I felt the Swans had finally got what we have never had, despite playing in 3 Grand finals in 10 years, respect! I know now that the Swans have the respect from all teams in the AFL, playing the Swans is never an easy match even if we are not winning.
My father died in 2000 and was not lucky enough to see the Swans win a flag although he was around in 1996. My son has been following the Swans for around 20 years and has been lucky enough to see 2 winning Grand Finals and many winning finals games in that time, I keep telling him just how lucky he has been and to enjoy it while it lasts although with Buddy firing and the gems that we seem to keep finding in the rookie draft it might last for a while.

Hello and Welcome.

I supported the Swans from a young age because I think they seem like a bunch of pretty chill dudes. Also my family are all Collingwood supporters, but I have all my original teeth so I think that disqualifies me from doing a good job at barracking for them.

My favourite player is Michael O'Loughlin because he kicked a whole bunch of goals and once screamed at some clown in the West Coast cheersquad. My favourite player in the current team is Dan Hannebery.

My favourite moments include but not limited to: 05 and 12 GFs, Beating Collingwood in the '12 PF, Beating St. Kilda in 04 and being at the game where Tony Lockett broke the goal kicking record although I was 5 at the time and don't remember it very well.

Name: Linton
Swans fan since: 1997 I think. Only have memories of being a Swans Fan
Favourite Swan: Adam Goodes / Barry Hall
Favourite Current Swan: Luke Parker
Second Favourite Team: Gold Coast or Western Bulldogs
Hated Team: Hawthorn, GWS, Collingwood and West Coast
Favourite: Moment: 05 or 12 Grand Finals, Jetta's 3 moments in the finals (Out running Dangerfield, Collingwood and Rioli)
Passions outside Swans: Cricket, Video Games, Theatre
If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: Gaming or doing something in the theatre world

Was never really into footy when I was younger. I started watching a little bit in 04 and a lot more in 05 and 06. Fell out a bit but really came back in during 2011. Since then rarely miss a game. I know a lot more about the game now and can really enjoy it. I'm a Melbourne based supporter. My entire family goes for a different team. My brother goes for West Coast. We didn't speak to each other for 2 weeks after 05 and 06.

Hi Folks,

Growing up in the rugby league heartland supporting my beloved eels and with a long long involvement with rugby union, my support of the Swans as far back as dr edelston has, until a few years back, been very casual.
As my three daughters grew up, my interest in the rugbies waned as my attentions focused on their participation in field hockey.
Now, with more free time on my hands, I have been captivated by Aussie Rules football. Love everything about it.... except those that think they are bigger than the game itself...... thankfully they are few and far between.
I sooo wish I had seen the light earlier.... fancy I might have done alright in and around the midfield lol.... and been in a much better position to spread the gospel.

I look forward to sharing thoughts about the Swans, and the game in general, with you all.

Cheers
Neil

Hi Folks,

Growing up in the rugby league heartland supporting my beloved eels and with a long long involvement with rugby union, my support of the Swans as far back as dr edelston has, until a few years back, been very casual.

As a longtime Canterbury Bulldog supporter I think it highly likely we would have screamed at each other from opposite sides of the field for many years:p The Swans, bringing sworn enemies together. Who knew.:D

As a longtime Canterbury Bulldog supporter I think it highly likely we would have screamed at each other from opposite sides of the field for many years:p The Swans, bringing sworn enemies together. Who knew.:D

I used to love going to the big games between the two..... 30,40,50000 marching into the game with high hopes..... 15,20,25000 leaving the ground absolutely shattered lol

As much as we hated each other, I think there was an a nice affinity between the clubs supporters :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, my name is Kaz, but you can call me Ticky.
I come from a long line of a family that supports no teams what so ever, in anything.:eek:
Tennis was our sport of choice and well, enough said really.
As such, I'm something of a black sheep in the family. I'm an avid cricket fan who spent way too much time perving on David Gower & Imran Khan from afar with binoculars at the SCG as teenager, because that's what girls did when we went to the cricket. Yes, I'm no spring chicken.

For a long time I went to NRL games (Canterbury Bulldogs) at Belmore Oval. Ah. Good times. On a brighter note this means rabid fans from other AFL teams intimidate me not all.

For many many years I was a casual observer of AFL, if only when someone lugged a portable tv (the ones that weighed like two car batteries) into the tennis shed when the AFL GF was on. I remember a lot of Hawthorn. With fresh eyes this probably explains why my interest remained casual, even then I recognised a potential enemy:p

I believe in supporting my local team, and Sydney was my local team. So they had my support and that was about it. Until about 2000 or so, when an ex invited me to a game. Loved it. Unfortunately, as my enjoyment of AFL grew it lessened for him *koff* so there went the only person I knew who actually liked AFL. In hindsight I probably should have held on to that one longer.

2005 GF I was on holiday in Hobart with friends. Watched the GF at a pub in Hobart actually. I recall smoking & drinking way way too much. The tension was awful, don't judge me. Everyone seemed genuinely happy for us when the Swans won. Those were the days, hey?

After that I'd attend one or two games a year, when ever I could guilt my friends into going with me, and had to be content to watch from afar on tv the rest of the time.

Last year, a breakthrough! I talked my sister into a 3 game membership, so we could bond and spend more sisterly time together now that her daughter had left home. Its true. Really.

Our first game together, and her very first AFL game, was against the Giants. At ANZ. As you can imagine, this was a disaster of epic proportions. My sister spent her time knitting while I spent most of mine trying to convince her that yes, AFL really is exciting, just not right now. Sigh. Fortunately, the Collingwood & Hawthorn games were exciting & interesting enough to make her put the knitting away.

Last year wasn't a great year for us, both our parents were seriously ill, they're okay now but it wasn't easy. And it turns out when we actually DID have great day out. Going to the footy.

So this year, we bought a full membership. Only game we've missed was Carlton and that was because I had the plague. My sister wears her scarf with pride, puts those little flag things on the windows on the way home after a win and we're having a lot of fun.

So that's my story on how I became a Swans fan, and dragged my sister along for the ride.

Hi Folks,

As my three daughters grew up, my interest in the rugbies waned as my attentions focused on their participation in field hockey.
Now, with more free time on my hands, I have been captivated by Aussie Rules football. Love everything about it.... except those that think they are bigger than the game itself...... thankfully they are few and far between.
I sooo wish I had seen the light earlier.... fancy I might have done alright in and around the midfield lol.... and been in a much better position to spread the gospel.

I look forward to sharing thoughts about the Swans, and the game in general, with you all.

Cheers
Neil
Welcome to the fold.

Hi My name is Tony.

I first played Aussie Rules when I was 4 in 1961. Yes, I am an old bugger. I played my junior footy up until I was 11 for West Broken Hill Robins.

2029941_1_O.jpg

We then moved to Adelaide & I played a few games for Edwardstown (Townies) before my father thought footy was getting in the way of study.
At 17 I played reserves and first grade for Hawthorn YCW for half a season then moved back to Adelaide and played some footy there before injuring my lumber and not playing again.

I followed the Glenelg Tigers (Bays) in the SANFL and found it frustrating always being the bridesmaid never the bride. We were runners up in 1969, 70, 74, 75, 76, 77, 81, 82,87 won in 34, 73, 85 & 86. A 39 year wait certainly makes people thirsty.

That brings me to how I came to support the Swans. I was not a supporter of the Swans, in fact I didn't support with any conviction any VFL side but I liked Hawks because my brother was entertainment director there and the Number 1 member at Box Hill Hawks. I also took to following the Crows for a short time but without much conviction. While living in Sydney a friend of mine, a Hawks supporter asked why I didn't go to a Swans matches? I thought it was obvious, they used to get thumped every week. But I decided to go along with him and my other housemate & friend. We used to be there every week on a Railway Swans admit ticket with the other 5,000-10,000 souls. We got pretty passionate and it was then I realised this club had not won a premiership for longer than my SANFL side before we broke the drought in 1973. There were a lot of similarities funnily enough. Then came Barrassi, then Eade and the 1996 GF, I thought we were good enough but the players didn't think so.

We seemed to make the finals and then make up the numbers for quite a while but under Roos we had purpose. 2005 was wonderful and 2006 I thought we was robbed. 2012 just topped it off and for me. Looking at the players we had drafted I could see something the footy world seemed unaware of; the Swans had pulled off some of the drafts and trades of the century. Parker, Johnson, Hannas, Rampe, Naismith (wait until this kid plays he is going to be the hottest ruckman in a century), Lloyd, Benny, Joey, Pyke, Jetts, Birdie (only just starting to reach full potential), Kizza & BJ, Smithy. Man we have got more rookie picks that have made it to AFL level than any other side.

See I am passionate and love the Swans. I covered the Anti Violence Project poster launch for FREE FM in 1998 at the Swans club. Met Troy Cook, Mickey O, Matty Nicks all of whom were in the posters.

In my non footy time I went back as a mature age student and studied a BA Writing at MacQuarie. I then travelled to SE Asia during this season and wrote some travel blogs. I am now looking to tutor in writing and university entrance English Written Skills. I live with a cat named, Sebastion and an international student called Bao. I am trying to get Bao a girlfriend if anyone has a daughter or a sister who is internationally minded LOL.

Whats up guys? I'm Nick, recently just moved from onsite to an office job and found myself with a fair chunk of time up my sleeve and discovered bigfooty. Thank god. My support for the Swans comes from as far back as my great grandfather/mother who, obviously, followed South Melbourne. Their support followed down to my Grandad and Grandma, onto my Dad, who coincidentally wound up working for the Swans in the 80's as their Phys Ed Coach & Runner - converted his then girlfriend who later became my Mum before marriage (vital), then onto me. I'm 25 and having a mad Swans supporter for a Dad meant I've been a member of the club for over 20 years, had my name put up on the Member Milestone Wall at the SCG last year I believe. Being a full AFL Member means I've been one of the lucky few who's seen the 2005 & 2012 Premierships live in the flesh (unfortunately 1996 & 2006 as well). 2012 GF for me turned out to be the greatest day of my life, I lost my Grandad during the week leading up to the first final in Adelaide, his departing song of course was 'Cheer Cheer' for his beloved Bloods, the whole week leading up to the Adelaide final was probably the hardest time our family has had to endure, during that week there'd be crazy coincidences such as a 5000 odd song iPod on shuffle playing Cheer Cheer about 6 times in the space of 4 hours, the boys getting up over the Crows brought the first laughter and smiles back to our faces since the day he passed earlier in the week. On we went to mission impossible: Collingwood at ANZ. The hoodoo was broken! I remember after the game driving home from watching at a mates place blaring Cheer Cheer the whole way. We were in a Grand Final! The week leading up to that game was the most nervous I'd been in my entire life. Up against the best team of 2012, on their home deck, on the last week in September. Driving to the game with my Dad, discussing ways of how we could win & how we shut down Buddy, the omen struck. Cheer Cheer starts playing on the iPod shuffle for what was probably the 10th time in as many days. That game was agonizing, I can't imagine what the players were going through, the both of us were on the edge of cardiac arrest. Then it happened, Malceski takes possession, throws it onto his shoe and sends it about 50m into the air. I truly believe to this day Grandad was up there guiding that ball through the sticks, saying his thank you to a club that gave him some of his greatest joys in life. His Bloods were home. His job was done. Now he can rest. One of my fondest memories of him was at the beginning of his illness at the 2005 GF, after the siren he burst into tears saying he never thought he'd live to see another Swans Premiership. His dream was fulfilled and 2012 was his thank you. The feeling I felt when that siren sounded in 2012 will never be beaten, that day was the single greatest day of my short life. The whole thing was something out of a movie script, we couldn't actually believe they'd won, the team wouldn't know, but they'd won it for him. That's what the Bloods are about. Only his old South Melbourne Swans could have a story like this. After many celebratory drinks it was around 6-7am and time to call it, when of course, no other comes on the ipod dock.. than Cheer Cheer.

And that's that, that's my Swans story. This club is special, whenever people ask who I support in footy I never feel quite as proud as I do when to say I'm a Swans supporter.

Looking forward to talking s**t about my great passion in life with you lot!

Nice story. My Granny died an Essendon supporter praying for her beloved Bombers to win a GF before she went, but even God wasn't willing to go that far. I grew up a Geelong supporter as my Grandfather played a few games for them and gave me an old jumper. I lost interest in footy until in 1995, after moving to Sydney, I was invited to watch Swans play Carlton at the SCG. They hammered the Blues in one of their few losses for the year and I was hooked. For the next 5 years, until I moved overseas, I barely missed a game.

Nice story. My Granny died an Essendon supporter praying for her beloved Bombers to win a GF before she went, but even God wasn't willing to go that far. I grew up a Geelong supporter as my Grandfather played a few games for them and gave me an old jumper. I lost interest in footy until in 1995, after moving to Sydney, I was invited to watch Swans play Carlton at the SCG. They hammered the Blues in one of their few losses for the year and I was hooked. For the next 5 years, until I moved overseas, I barely missed a game.

My mum always followed Essendon when I was a kid. Even though her precious Stephen Kernahan (ex Glenelg)went to play for Carlton. She sort of followed all the sides with a special thing for South Melbourne after Essendon. My grandfather, her father, played for South Broken Hill (red & white) in five premierships. But we played for the red & black and that is how she came to follow Essendon for a time. But mum was always one for the underdog and Sydney certainly were that.

By the way I think Glenelg nearly populated the VFL/AFL in the late '80's early '90's. Stephen Kernahan, David Kernahan, David Grenvold,Tony Hall, Michael Murphy, Alan Bartlett, Peter Berbakov, Kim Hodgeman, Wayne Henwood, Rod Jameson, Paul Rouvray, Stephen Copping, Tony Symonds, David Marshall, Chris McDermott, Tony McGuinness, Andrew McKay, Craig McRae, Adam Garton, Jim West (to Swans), Paul Weston.

Last edited:
Name: Matt
Home: Perth
Swans fan since: 1985 or so
Favourite Swan: Paul Kelly
Favourite Current Swan: Luke Parker
Second Favourite Team: Freo
Hated Team: I don't really hate teams, but West Coast and the Pies are my least liked
Favourite Moment: Either Pluggers point or Leo's mark, not sure I could separate them (may have shed a tear both times!! :cry:)
Passions outside Swans: Two kids and a wonderful wife
Favourite Movie: The Last Boy Scout
If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: Playing with the kids
Bio: Born and bred WA boy, started to follow the Swans before those pansies the Eagles came along and road the hard yards through school so was never going to give up on them, so have enjoyed the success over the the last decade! Have ghosted around bigfooty on and off for a few years, but thought I might get online today. Enjoy the chats about the boys and generally talking footy!

Cheers.

Hi I'm Mason, I've been following the Swans and the bigfooty forum for a while now and decided to introduce myself, before anymore swans success causes hawthorn fans to call me a bandwagon plastic fake soulless supporter of cola $wan$ etc. Despite living deep inside Rugby League and now GWS territory, I am a Sydney Swans supporter. I'm 19 and a relatively recent swans fan, since 2005, when I watched my first full game of footy (semi final vs Geelong). I didn't know the rules at the time, had no idea what was going on but watching Nick Davis' heroics in that final quarter was what drew me to AFL football.
Here's my thoughts about the swans and AFL:
Favourite player: Adam Goodes. Such versatility. But I also enjoy watching Kurt Tippett ragdoll his direct opponent.

My most memorable moments (good and bad) involving the swans must be watching John Longmire screaming something along the lines of "get back!" after Nick Malceski kicked the sealing goal in the 2012 GF. And then we won! I would say the 2005 win as well, but those were early days for me at least. I missed the 2006 GF because of my uncle's wedding. I was only 11 at the time but really!? I found out we lost by a point by listening to the radio... Not the most remarkable way of finding out but I'm just glad to be following the swans in a period of good fortune. Also beating the pies in the 2012 prelim was a massive sigh of relief. We finally beat our bogey team, and more importantly, in a high stakes game. Seeing our transition from the early-mid 2000's to present has been a joy to watch as a Swans supporter. We have never dropped out of the top 8 since our 2005 GF win, bar 2009, and even though we haven't been true contenders in all those years, we have been consistent in gaining valuable finals experience for all our players. Don't get me wrong, I won't abandon ship if all goes down hill and we bomb out altogether (Hopefully it doesn't happen) but I will stick by the swans through thick and thin.

Dislikes: As mentioned beforehand, Collingwood was our bogey team for several years before we beat them in the 2012 prelim. I am not particularly fond of them. Nor am I fond of the Hawthorn Hawks. Their fans to be exact.

Anyway, if tl;dr, 2005 semi vs Geelong was what drew me to the swans/AFL, our consistent performance over the years and participation in finals footy is what I enjoy most about the swans, and I don't particularly like Hawthorn or Collingwood. (I won't get into too much detail as to why I don't like them; I feel it's a bit early to get into negativity considering it's my first post. But I hope most, if not all, of you understand why they aren't likely to be people's 2nd team).

That's all from me, I hope I do contribute usefully on the forum.
(Also, if you're wondering why I am posting at such a random time, I can't get over our loss to the Hawks. But I know we will rebound strongly and beat them next time we meet them).

Hello im a long time observer of Bigfooty and a Swans man from way back in the dark days of the 80s but I was to young to realise how bad we were! Good times ahead though! Good to be on board.
Go Swans.

Contrary to popular belief, my name's not Mick Oxlong, it's Mike Oxlong and I've been on this planet for quite some time. I grew up in a family of Bombers supporters but being the black sheep that I am, I chose to follow the BLOODS the day I attended my first VFL match, naturally against Essendon. All I can really say is, growing up in the 70's, 80's and 90's, I never ever thought I'd see my beloved SWANS win a premiership! I've now seen 2 and I'm proud to say I barrack for not only a consistently successful team...BUT THE BEST GOD DAMN TEAM ON EARTH!

Last edited:
Hi there, my name is Melissa Tang and I am from Singapore. I started watching AFL last year (first game: Swans v Lions 2013 at the SCG) and took particular notice of #37 (didn't know his name then) as he was a really strong player. Would say I got hooked after that game as I went home to read more about the Swans and who #37 was, and yeah that's how I got started. I'm now a really big fan and I watch most of the games at home - don't really have mates keen to watch AFL with me hence I rarely go to the games. Only been to 2 so far this year - Collingwood (Round 2?) and the recent Essendon game. Currently building up my knowledge regarding the Club's (and AFL in general) history and really proud to say that I chose the right Club!

I don't really have a favourite player as I change my preference very often. For now I'd say Benny McGlynn? He's a really tough cookie and impressed me a lot during the recent Hawks game.

Carn the bloods! Bring on the finals and we'll show everyone how footy is meant to be played!

Hi there, my name is Melissa Tang and I am from Singapore. I started watching AFL last year (first game: Swans v Lions 2013 at the SCG) and took particular notice of #37 (didn't know his name then) as he was a really strong player. Would say I got hooked after that game as I went home to read more about the Swans and who #37 was, and yeah that's how I got started. I'm now a really big fan and I watch most of the games at home - don't really have mates keen to watch AFL with me hence I rarely go to the games. Only been to 2 so far this year - Collingwood (Round 2?) and the recent Essendon game. Currently building up my knowledge regarding the Club's (and AFL in general) history and really proud to say that I chose the right Club!

I don't really have a favourite player as I change my preference very often. For now I'd say Benny McGlynn? He's a really tough cookie and impressed me a lot during the recent Hawks game.

Carn the bloods! Bring on the finals and we'll show everyone how footy is meant to be played!
Great to read! Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back