Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha! If I hit on Wolfie he'd know it;) And I did my research...

Watch it Wolfie. Someone's taken a peek under your kilt.

I've always thought that the offspring of 2 club members should automatically qualify for selection under a new father-son-mother rule.

Aaaaargh, curiosity made me click on that pic. I knew I wouldn't like it. I knew I'd regret it. I resisted as long as I could but I did it anyway. I just couldn't help myself.

Now I feel a bit sick. I guess I wasn't prepared to see my Dad dressed like that.

Regarding Wolfie, my advice for first dates is always use protection.

bodycondom.jpg

Aaaaargh, curiosity made me click on that pic. I knew I wouldn't like it. I knew I'd regret it. I resisted as long as I could but I did it anyway. I just couldn't help myself.

Now I feel a bit sick. I guess I wasn't prepared to see my Dad dressed like that.

Regarding Wolfie, my advice for first dates is always use protection.

View attachment 102705

i clicked too. Ugg!

All in good fun Wolfie. Who knows, maybe gold lame will turn out to be a good look for you:D in the meantime I've probably succeeded in terrifying new posters off this thread for a while. Oops.

Almost.

I have been following the Swans since 1976. My family and extended family were Carlton supporters. In 1976 the Baggers finished on top of the ladder. I was at Melb. Uni and my sister lived in St Kilda in a large block of flats. It was the second last home and away game for the season. Carlton were cruising on top of the ladder. The Swans were a typical cellar dweller, along with the Scraggers, the Royboys, the Dees and the Saints. Staying at my sister's flat on that Saturday night however, changed how I perceived life's struggle. It was an open house party. Every flat had an open door and the place was jumpin. You were either a Sainter or a Blood. And the bloods had just won against their Lakeside neighbour. There was I, a Carlton supporter who suddenly saw the light.
I expected my team to win every week. I was glum when they lost. Here was a team that supporters expected to lose every week. A win was rare, but was cherished. And losses never left you devastated. It was quite simply, the default position. I was smitten. But little did I know the decades of pain that barracking for a perennial under dog would involve.
The wheel turns and many Swans supporters would only ever have known a Club that has been successful and respected.
Well, for most of my time with the Swans, respect and success were never words that could ever have been chosen to describe our footy club. It is quite a recent phenomena. And how sweet it is.
It is also why the 2014 GF hurts so much. Not so much that we lost. But how we lost it.
I remember the Grand Finals we have played in since I have been one of the faithful,( 96,05,06,12, 14 )and with the exception of the last one, my deepest fear, was that the team would be crushed, humbled and humiliated. It was like I knew that we were imposters on that grand stage. That we didn't really belong. I always hoped for the win, expected the boys to give their all and feared a pizzling.
Hubris is a fickle beast is it not? The last grannie we make.... I really felt that we had arrived. That we belonged and could legitimately challenge the most successful football club of the past fifty years.And what happens? We cop a pizzling. The footy gods are absolutely pissing themselves.
What goes round will come around. Hawthorn had a date with hubris in 2012. And look how they responded. Our response could be the same. First things first. Let's regain respect. Let other teams learn to fear us anew.
And by way of continuing to introduce myself and returning to the topic.
I am a retired professional fisherman. I live on the coast in south western Victoria. I try to get to as many Swans games in Victoria as possible.
My favourite Swans players? Greg Williams. Kelly and Kirk. Current team? JPK and Buddy.
2015 hopes? I am looking forward to studying how the players respond to their spanking. I love what I am hearing about Luke Parker's reaction. He has taken it very personally and it is driving him. I hope that his response becomes an infection that sweeps through the whole team. Horse was pantsed by Clarkson. I believe that Horse will do things differently next time. But so will Clarkson. The versatility and resilience that Horse so fosters and requires in his players will need to be on show in the coaches box also.

Almost.

I have been following the Swans since 1976. My family and extended family were Carlton supporters. In 1976 the Baggers finished on top of the ladder. I was at Melb. Uni and my sister lived in St Kilda in a large block of flats. It was the second last home and away game for the season. Carlton were cruising on top of the ladder. The Swans were a typical cellar dweller, along with the Scraggers, the Royboys, the Dees and the Saints. Staying at my sister's flat on that Saturday night however, changed how I perceived life's struggle. It was an open house party. Every flat had an open door and the place was jumpin. You were either a Sainter or a Blood. And the bloods had just won against their Lakeside neighbour. There was I, a Carlton supporter who suddenly saw the light.
I expected my team to win every week. I was glum when they lost. Here was a team that supporters expected to lose every week. A win was rare, but was cherished. And losses never left you devastated. It was quite simply, the default position. I was smitten. But little did I know the decades of pain that barracking for a perennial under dog would involve.
The wheel turns and many Swans supporters would only ever have known a Club that has been successful and respected.
Well, for most of my time with the Swans, respect and success were never words that could ever have been chosen to describe our footy club. It is quite a recent phenomena. And how sweet it is.
It is also why the 2014 GF hurts so much. Not so much that we lost. But how we lost it.
I remember the Grand Finals we have played in since I have been one of the faithful,( 96,05,06,12, 14 )and with the exception of the last one, my deepest fear, was that the team would be crushed, humbled and humiliated. It was like I knew that we were imposters on that grand stage. That we didn't really belong. I always hoped for the win, expected the boys to give their all and feared a pizzling.
Hubris is a fickle beast is it not? The last grannie we make.... I really felt that we had arrived. That we belonged and could legitimately challenge the most successful football club of the past fifty years.And what happens? We cop a pizzling. The footy gods are absolutely pissing themselves.
What goes round will come around. Hawthorn had a date with hubris in 2012. And look how they responded. Our response could be the same. First things first. Let's regain respect. Let other teams learn to fear us anew.
And by way of continuing to introduce myself and returning to the topic.
I am a retired professional fisherman. I live on the coast in south western Victoria. I try to get to as many Swans games in Victoria as possible.
My favourite Swans players? Greg Williams. Kelly and Kirk. Current team? JPK and Buddy.
2015 hopes? I am looking forward to studying how the players respond to their spanking. I love what I am hearing about Luke Parker's reaction. He has taken it very personally and it is driving him. I hope that his response becomes an infection that sweeps through the whole team. Horse was pantsed by Clarkson. I believe that Horse will do things differently next time. But so will Clarkson. The versatility and resilience that Horse so fosters and requires in his players will need to be on show in the coaches box also.

Totally agree with your sentiments regarding the GF. Horse ran out of ideas by quarter time. Every time he tried something Clarko had the counter ready. Not only that the Hawks mids were on fire and we had no answer. The other thing is they brought aggression, sometimes not quite legal, but aggression that had our players second guessing when the next head high would come instead of hitting right back.

Totally agree with your sentiments regarding the GF. Horse ran out of ideas by quarter time. Every time he tried something Clarko had the counter ready. Not only that the Hawks mids were on fire and we had no answer. The other thing is they brought aggression, sometimes not quite legal, but aggression that had our players second guessing when the next head high would come instead of hitting right back.
The Hawthorn V Swans rivalry has been ramped up exponentially. There will be a lot more venom and acid on both sides of the white line the next time these two teams face off. Hope it plays out like our tussles with West Coast last decade - but I fear it may develop into anger and bitterness rather then mutual respect. We shall just have to wait and wait and continue to wait....and then we shall seize our opportunity for redemption. It shall be our mission - the driver for our players, and the hope for us supporters.

Too much attitude for me you can tell she would be the sort to do your head in.

HAHAHA I just saw this you cheeky bastard! Showed this post to someone who is in a position to judge - and he agreed without reservation :p.

Born and raised in Wagga Wagga until I moved to Sydney in 1997.. Was always a fan but never truly followed sport in general until round 1 of 2005 when I scored a sports marketing role with the Sydney Swans (and also working alongside the likes of the NRL teams such as Doggies and Tigers). As kids the neigbours talked up Essendon like crazy but I never ever took a liking to them and luckily the family were staunch swans supporters. Having moved to Blacktown since 2001 which we now know is technically the home of GWS I was also "encouraged" by all forms of media to "follow the orange and grey team but never took a liking to them". Apart from footy growing up in the 2000s my good friends at school also followed the "round game aka soocer, football" Never really fell for any "red and white" coloured English teams it was for some reason Chelsea for me and it stuck ever since I first saw them more than 10 years ago. When a-league came round I took a liking to Sydney FC until a western Sydney team came around. Since I was working and living in the vicinity of the Wanderers FC heartland it seemed only natural that I progressed to following them... and apart from Swans I love my music, fitness, Xbox, movies among other things....

Born and raised in Wagga Wagga until I moved to Sydney in 1997.. Was always a fan but never truly followed sport in general until round 1 of 2005 when I scored a sports marketing role with the Sydney Swans (and also working alongside the likes of the NRL teams such as Doggies and Tigers). As kids the neigbours talked up Essendon like crazy but I never ever took a liking to them and luckily the family were staunch swans supporters. Having moved to Blacktown since 2001 which we now know is technically the home of GWS I was also "encouraged" by all forms of media to "follow the orange and grey team but never took a liking to them". Apart from footy growing up in the 2000s my good friends at school also followed the "round game aka soocer, football" Never really fell for any "red and white" coloured English teams it was for some reason Chelsea for me and it stuck ever since I first saw them more than 10 years ago. When a-league came round I took a liking to Sydney FC until a western Sydney team came around. Since I was working and living in the vicinity of the Wanderers FC heartland it seemed only natural that I progressed to following them... and apart from Swans I love my music, fitness, Xbox, movies among other things....
Soccer, no, no, no

My whole family (including uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc) has followed the AFL their whole life. Funnily enough, half my family loves the swans, and the other half loves hawthorn (except one cousin who supports the saints). This made for a great 2012 GF day, and a crap 2014 GF day. But I have grown up with footy and Live & Breathe the swans. Footy is the last thing on my mind before bed and the first thing on my mind once I wake up.

I think we can all agree AFL is the greatest sport in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved your layout discotobo so I thought I'd copy it.

Name: Potsy
Swans fan since: 1966
Swans fan because: My grandfather was a premiership player (1918). Unfortunately my kids barrack for Hawks and Bombers.
Favourite Swan: Skilts, closely followed by Paul Kelly (excluding when he stubbed his toe and grubbed his kick when kicking into the forward line in the 1996 GF. I also had a soft spot for Teasdale.
Favourite Current Swan: Bird (quiet and underestimated achiever). Honorable mentions to JPK and Franklin.
Most frustrating Swan: Troy Luff. Everytime he got the ball I just knew that it would end up with the opposition.
Second Favourite Team: Hmmm. Brisbane. Probably because they're in a similar predicament as us (even when they were Fitzroy and we were South Melbourne).
Hated Team: Eddie and all Victorian sides.
Favourite: Moment: Leaping Leo's mark in 2005. I was there and "almost' cried. It was a great day. I had a standing spot behind bays 9 or 10 behind the goals. Drank with and celebrated with complete strangers. Most of them were South Melb. tragics like me.
Passions outside Swans: My kids and having a few frothies with my mates.
If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: working.

Loved your layout discotobo so I thought I'd copy it.

Name: Potsy
Swans fan since: 1966
Swans fan because: My grandfather was a premiership player (1918). Unfortunately my kids barrack for Hawks and Bombers.
Favourite Swan: Skilts, closely followed by Paul Kelly (excluding when he stubbed his toe and grubbed his kick when kicking into the forward line in the 1996 GF. I also had a soft spot for Teasdale.
Favourite Current Swan: Bird (quiet and underestimated achiever). Honorable mentions to JPK and Franklin.
Most frustrating Swan: Troy Luff. Everytime he got the ball I just knew that it would end up with the opposition.
Second Favourite Team: Hmmm. Brisbane. Probably because they're in a similar predicament as us (even when they were Fitzroy and we were South Melbourne).
Hated Team: Eddie and all Victorian sides.
Favourite: Moment: Leaping Leo's mark in 2005. I was there and "almost' cried. It was a great day. I had a standing spot behind bays 9 or 10 behind the goals. Drank with and celebrated with complete strangers. Most of them were South Melb. tragics like me.
Passions outside Swans: My kids and having a few frothies with my mates.
If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: working.
Welcome aboard!

Name: John
Swans fan since they arrived in Sydney
Favourite players: I have 3 for all very similar reasons...Paul Kelly - at a trial match with my old neighbour many, many years ago, my neighbour ran into an old friend who just happened to work for the swans at the time. He invited us into the dressing room during warm ups and I saw kell walk past. I said to my neighbour "that's Paul Kelly" and kell heard me and made a beeline for us and stood there for 15-20 mins talking to us. A true gentleman. Micky O...leaving a fan day at randwick racecourse in about 1997, Mick was behind my mate and I and said g'day. When he found out we were getting the bus back to Central station he offered to drive us there, but we were so intimidated we thanked him and refused. Totally decent guy. Finally, the great Goodesy. Was a teacher in a disadvantaged area and I was coaching our girls Aussie Rules team. Goodesy had come for a presentation and when he found out about my team, he stayed and helped train them during a lunch break. The time he gave those kids is something I will never forget.
Fave moment: leaping Leo's mark had me in tears. My mum, who got me into afl, was sitting with me that day and the tears we shed at the end of the game will never be forgotten.

Name: Chris
Swans fan since: 1996, refugee from the Super League war, converted to a real game, much to my family's chagrin. I'm from far-northern NSW, not exactly footy heartland in the 1990s. My uncle was an Australian schoolboy RL rep.
Favourite Swan: Tadhg Kennelly; what an amazing story.
Favourite Current Swan: Kurt Tippett. There's a tenuous family connexion, his maternal grandfather was my maternal grandfather's boss and best friend for many, many years. FYI: KT has his grandfather's nose ;)
Second Favourite Team: North Adelaide; the good old red and whites
Hated Team: Collingwood (duh!)
Favourite moment: Nick Davis' four goals in the 2005 semi. I totally lost my s**t that night :p
Passions outside Swans: Reading, music
If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: A crazy dog man.

Last edited:
Name: Jack
Swans fan since: 2004. I moved to Sydney from Brisbane at the beginning of 2004 and fell into a crowd of Swans supporters. I bought a Puma tracksuit top which was coincidently red and white. I wore it to matches and all the Swans supporters asked me where I bought it.
Favourite Swan: Mike Pyke. I like Canadians and have travelled there twice.
Favourite Current Swan: Luke Parker. He is going to take football into the future and will be a Swans captain.
Second Favourite Team: Geelong/North Melbourne. Strange they are each coached by one of the Scott brothers. Both clubs are not in the big 5 which suits me fine.
Favourite moment: 2012 grand final. In 2005 some friends accused me of jumping on the bandwagon but in 2012, I earned my colours.
Passions outside Swans: Latin dancing (really), cooking and boxing
If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: Listening to my brother. A Collingwood supporter!!!

Swans fan since: 2004. I moved to Sydney from Brisbane at the beginning of 2004 and fell into a crowd of Swans supporters. I bought a Puma tracksuit top which was coincidently red and white. I wore it to matches and all the Swans supporters asked me where I bought it.
Favourite Current Swan: Luke Parker. He is going to take football into the future and will be a Swans captain.
Second Favourite Team: Geelong/North Melbourne. Strange they are each coached by one of the Scott brothers. Both clubs are not in the big 5 which suits me fine.
Favourite moment: 2012 grand final. In 2005 some friends accused me of jumping on the bandwagon but in 2012, I earned my colours.
If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: Listening to my brother. A Collingwood supporter!!!
Welcome to the board, great to have another intelligent poster on here :thumbsu:

Welcome to the board! Hope you have a good time here

Name: Jarrod
Swans fan since: As far back as I can remember. Both my Dad and his Dad go for the bloods.
Favourite Swan: Paul Kelly & Adam Goodes.
Favourite Current Swan: Too hard to choose one!! Ben McGlynn, Luke Parker & Josh Kennedy.
Second Favourite Team: Melbourne; the girlfriend goes for them and with Roosy in charge it is interesting. Hope that they are on the way up.
Hated Team: Richmond & Essendon.
Favourite moment: Too many to choose from! Nick Davis, Nick Davis!! Leo Barry you star! Even Nick Malceski's goal in the 2012 grand final.
Passions outside Swans: Cricket, Rugby League.
If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: Watching the Melbourne Storm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back