Swans NAB Challenge 2015 Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not far away , getting pretty pumped to see the young guys. Off season hasn't gone as long as I thought even after that dismal GF
There has been a beautiful amount of cricket to hide in

Not far away , getting pretty pumped to see the young guys. Off season hasn't gone as long as I thought even after that dismal GF
Off season has been tooooooo loooonnggg.
Really wanna see Jones tear it apart and cant wait to see hewitt and nanka

Even greater amount of Soccer and Austrian Beer.....plus still have Czech Republic and Germany to go.

Pröst:D
If I was a soccer fan I'd agree so I can appriciate the feeling :p

I think the Drummoyne game against Freo will be well attended. I normally don't go to NAB Challenge matches as they're almost always at Blacktown, too hard to get to. But given its in Drummoyne and apparently club members can get in for free I'm sure there'll be a bigger crowd than normal Swans NAB Challenge matches.

I think there will be a really big crowd there but be warned there is limited space. so if you don't get a ticket to guarantee your entry or don't turn up really early you may not get in.

For our first NAB Cup game against Brisbane I would like to see

Sydney Swans
B: Nick Smith, Xavier Richards, Sean McLaren
HB: Gary Rohan, Aliir Aliir, Dane Rampe
C: Issac Heeney, Josh Kennedy, Harry Cunningham
HF: Tom Mitchell, Abaina Davis, Dan Hannebery
F: Brandon Jack, Kurt Tippett, Ben McGlynn
R: Sam Neismith, Luke Parker, Jarrad McVeigh
I/C: Zak Jones, Lewis Jetta, Craig Bird, Jake Lloyd, Toby Nankervis, Dean Towers

You missed George Hewett, Lewis Melican, Dan Robinson, Nick Newman (although he might not be ready duo to op in off season), James Rose, Jack Hiscox, Toby Nankervis, Tom Derrickx, Lloyd Perris (if ready) & Jordan Foote.

In the first game I'd be keen to have a look at as many young players as possible. The coaches might not see the need for Smithy, Gazza, Joey, Harry, Hannas, Lukie Macca or Birdie to play that game. most of the seniors in years past haven't started until round 2. The ones that did were players who needed more fitness or were being tried in different positions. But then again a different approach could work. In other words play a mix of young and old in every match. But Longmire generally likes to play more experienced players in game 3 and if there is another inter club trial before the season that match as well to give them match practice before the H&A season starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stadium? Maybe that's being a little generous....

Coffs%20C.ex%20International%20Stadium-Coffs%20Harbour-Copyright-Rob%20Cleary-Seen%20Australia-026-small.jpg

From here.

I'm considering going too. The in-laws live up the road and I could easily justify a long weekend away...

It is a really nice ground though.

You missed George Hewett, Lewis Melican, Dan Robinson, Nick Newman (although he might not be ready duo to op in off season), James Rose, Jack Hiscox, Toby Nankervis, Tom Derrickx, Lloyd Perris (if ready) & Jordan Foote.

In the first game I'd be keen to have a look at as many young players as possible. The coaches might not see the need for Smithy, Gazza, Joey, Harry, Hannas, Lukie Macca or Birdie to play that game. most of the seniors in years past haven't started until round 2. The ones that did were players who needed more fitness or were being tried in different positions. But then again a different approach could work. In other words play a mix of young and old in every match. But Longmire generally likes to play more experienced players in game 3 and if there is another inter club trial before the season that match as well to give them match practice before the H&A season starts.

Well a few of those guys were not drafted when I wrote that list :)

But Swans are banned from handling the ball in 3 out of 4 quarters.
4 quarters ban when they play GWS plus 36 point headstart.
Those are not the rules, just the umpires 'interpretation' of the rules.

Well a few of those guys were not drafted when I wrote that list :)

Not so, Melican, Foote & Newman were drafted with McLaren and you included him. Rose was drafted in the Main draft. The others were already on the list. But who's being picky;)

1 month to go till game @ Coffs. Leaving out those who have played 1sts, who do you want to see the most?

1: Hewett
2 Heeney
3; Melican
4: Aliir
5: Rose
1. The next Josh Kennedy
2. Isaac Heeney
3. Toby Nankervis
4. Daniel Robinson

Would rather the next Adam Goodes:)
He's already been delisted by 2 clubs, definitely doesn't deserve another go in the NAB challenge

He's already been delisted by 2 clubs, definitely doesn't deserve another go in the NAB challenge
:eek: I was being literal.:) I don't think we have the next Adam Goodes but now would be a nice time for someone to put there hand up. Who were you referring to?

Hewett
Mellican
Heeney
Nankervis
Robinson

Really liking the mentions Mellican is getting, he was a lowly pick but if you read the form lines was next to go in that Vic Country team which was stacked for KPD's. I think this guy was so far under the radar it's crazy,other recruiters will be kicking themselves in a few years

:eek: I was being literal.:) I don't think we have the next Adam Goodes but now would be a nice time for someone to put there hand up. Who were you referring to?

Ed Barlow was considered the next Adam Goodes quite a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back